Princess Wine Packages

We have sailed Princess in the Carribbean a number of times and have been able to purchase wine packages on sailings of 10 days or more. Can anyone tell me if the Princess ships sailing out of Australia offer the wine packages on sailings of 10 days or more?

On cruises out of Australia they are called Beverage Packages. All inclusive beverage package is currently AUD59. Does not include bottled wine but they can be purchased in the dining room at 40% discount. For more details Google Princess Cruises Australia.

On cruises out of Australia they are called Beverage Packages. All inclusive beverage package is currently AUD59. Does not include bottled wine but they can be purchased in the dining room at 40% discount. For more details Google Princess Cruises Australia.

Cruises in the Caribbean also offer the All Inclusive Beverage package which includes wine by the glass but they also offer wine packages which wine is sold by the bottle. You can buy silver or gold packages with 7, 10 or 20 bottles. This same wine package was available on our cruise 4 years ago in Tahiti. So I don't think it just a North American thing. I have also heard of it being offered on Mediterranean, Europe and TA sailings. The key is it is only available on 10 day or longer sailings. So this what I am hoping to buy on our 10 day New Caledonia Vanuatu cruise this February. Looking to see if anyone has been able to purchase this wine package on 10 day or longer sailings in Australia. Thanks.

What is the charge in Aus dollars per bottle corkage charge for bottles of wine over your one bottle per person allowed by a Princess to bring in board?

AUD$15. When we last boarded Princess at OPT in Sydney, I went to the table to have my bottles checked. They just waived me through without checking.;)

We recently booked a South Pacific cruise on the Sun. Princess advertises the all inclusive drinks package at $59 per day for Aus sailings yet when we go to our personaliser to book the package it is actually $76 per day. Anyone else had this experience? It does state that the price may vary from ship to ship but a variation of $17 is a bit steep. I have read that it is cheaper to buy the package once on board but have not had this experience.

AUD$15. When we last boarded Princess at OPT in Sydney, I went to the table to have my bottles checked. They just waived me through without checking.;)

Yep seems to happen at times.

What happened when you took it to the MDR.

What is the charge in Aus dollars per bottle corkage charge for bottles of wine over your one bottle per person allowed by a Princess to bring in board?

As stated above, $15, paid prior to boarding. They didnt check our carryon containing the bottles, just gave me stickers to place on them when needed.

We recently booked a South Pacific cruise on the Sun. Princess advertises the all inclusive drinks package at $59 per day for Aus sailings yet when we go to our personaliser to book the package it is actually $76 per day. Anyone else had this experience? It does state that the price may vary from ship to ship but a variation of $17 is a bit steep. I have read that it is cheaper to buy the package once on board but have not had this experience.

Purchase onboard for $59 AUD, the personliser calculates it wrong taking in the exchange rate from USD. Many discussions here on it if you do a search.

For the OP.....the Wine packages were available on the Emerald Princess on the Singapore to Sydney leg, but when it arrived in Australia they were no longer offered:rolleyes:

Only times we have been able to get the Wine Package was on Sapphire from Singapore and the Diamond from Beijing, all our Australlian based cruises they have not had them. We take our own and pay the corkage:)

Are you meaning Carnival ships sailing from Australia? Because I was looking for information on wine packages on Princess ships.

I did realise what you were after but put the information there for other people while the subject was being discussed. Wine packages are not a common topic so the opportunity was taken AFTER you had received your information regarding Princess.