Meeting Driver in Civitavecchia

djett

We will be arriving in Civitavecchia on April 13 at 6 am and plan to self disembark from the ship. We've arranged for a driver to meet us. For those who have experienced this, what time could we realistically join our driver?

We will be arriving in Civitavecchia on April 13 at 6 am and plan to self disembark from the ship. We've arranged for a driver to meet us. For those who have experienced this, what time could we realistically join our driver?

Are you visiting non euro countries (which means the ship has to be cleared).

If you are arriving a 6 a.m., I would think self disembarkation would be around 7 - 7:30 am at the latest.

If you are not in a rush to get to the airport, you can request a disembarkation time (several choices) and meet the driver at a later time.

Another good question is where. We've been there 3 times, twice within the last year. I find it to be one of the most difficult ports to navigate -- it is large and they seem to switch things around. Suggest you ask your driver both when and where.

Anytime we have met a driver in that port, the driver was simply waiting outside the tend/building port facility (where they put the luggage) with our name on a sign. Most of the drivers hang together in a group and they are hard to miss. As to the best time, a question would be when do you want to meet your driver? If you heading to FCO for an international flight you ideally would want to arrive at FCO about 2 1/2-3 hours before your flight. To that time you should add about 1 hour for the drive. When we have an 11am flight we usually arrange to meet at about 7:15 (just an example.

Hank

Barring unforeseen circumstances that delay disembarkation, I would expect it to start about 7:30. Since there will be others also doing self-disembark, it will still take a little time to get off the ship, over to the terminal, and to the meeting place. I would figure about 8:00 AM to meet up (maybe sooner), and the drive will already be there.

Edited by RuthC