GTY question

spearmint

First time trying GTY booking. Have a guaranteed mini-suite on Royal, Feb.28. When might we know what our cabin number is? Before we cruise or after we arrive at Port Everglades?

Bill

Usually assigned sometime up to a day or 2 before your cruise. Very rarely assigned at the pier. You can access bag tags/travel summary on the Princess cruise personalizer on the Princess website up to sailing day. The cabin assignment will be noted there.

Sometimes people think it was assigned at the pier but had they checked the personalizer the night before their cruise they may have seen the cabin assignment at that time. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks, everyone. I am not surprised at any of the responses. But I will keep accessing the personalizer as much as I can prior to the cruise date... will be in hotel(s) (1 Canada and 2 F.L.) for three nights prior to the sail date and will hope to use the hotel business computer.

Bill

Print out the luggage labels before you start your journey.

You can write your cabin number on them once you know what it is.

I have already printed my luggage tags.... but would not have thought to write the number on it when I finally get it. You would think that is something I should have realized as normally the cabin number is printed .... but I didn't. Thanks for the tip. :) Sometimes the obvious just eludes me...:eek:

Bill

I am sailing on Jan 28 and I am still waiting for a cabin assignment. Since my TA is on vacation, I called Princess myself to follow up. They reassured me that all the assignments are completed 2 days before sailing at the latest.

I am not worried. A few years ago, we got our cabin assignment only 4 days before sailing.

I am sailing on Jan 28 and I am still waiting for a cabin assignment. Since my TA is on vacation, I called Princess myself to follow up. They reassured me that all the assignments are completed 2 days before sailing at the latest.

I am not worried. A few years ago, we got our cabin assignment only 4 days before sailing.

You don't need to contact your TA regarding cabin allocation. It is posted to your cruise personalizer. When you get a cabin assignment it will be listed there.

The porters have plenty of luggage tags and will write your cabin number on one if you don't find out your cabin assignment in time. We've had to do that twice--both times for Alaskan cruises when we left home a few days before the cruises started.

You don't need to contact your TA regarding cabin allocation. It is posted to your cruise personalizer. When you get a cabin assignment it will be listed there.

Thank you, I have been checking the cruise personalizer on a daily basis.

I called Princess mainly to check if there were any upsell notifications that were sent to my TA.

Thank you, I have been checking the cruise personalizer on a daily basis.

I called Princess mainly to check if there were any upsell notifications that were sent to my TA.

Ahhhh... I didn't really think of that as my TA makes sure I am advised of anything whether he is in town, across the country, or out of the country.

Enjoy your cruise. :)