embarkation spirits

goalman

Does Oceania(Riviera) allow any wine or bottled water to be brought on board at embarkation?

Yes, wine and/or liquor and/or beer is fine. As much as you care to bring on. Oceania does not care, so long as you only use it in the Cabin.

Bottled water would be fine as well, but as Oceania includes bottled water in the fare, it seems silly to bother.

Edited by JimandStan

Yes, wine and/or liquor and/or beer is fine. As much as you care to bring on. Oceania does not care, so long as you only use it in the Cabin.

Just to add - you can bring your bottle of wine to dinner and pay the corkage fee ($25?), Liquor & beer is for your cabin use only.

Bottled water would be fine as well, but as Oceania includes bottled water in the fare, it seems silly to bother.

Just don't drink all my Pellegrino.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

New to Oceania and will be traveling this summer. I understand from this that wine or spirits can be brought on board at embarkation, so my questions are:

1. Is there a limit on how many bottles can be brought on board

2. Can wine be bought in ports during the cruise and brought on board to enjoy?

1. Is there a limit on how many bottles can be brought on board?

No limit, I've had cases brought on .

2) Can wine be bought in ports during the cruise and brought on board to enjoy?

Yes, again there is no limit, but always with the proviso that imported booze is only for private (i.e. cabin) consumption. There is a $25 corkage fee if one wishes to bring private wine into a public area.

Thanks for the info. After I posted the question I research the board and found the answer also. We always enjoy buying reasonably priced wine in ports to try so this is definitely good news. I do see mention of a 3 bottle limit in some posts but sounds like it isn't enforced. I think we would not go over that amt anyway as we would primarily drink in our room--hate to pay corkage fees on a bottle that costs less than $20.

Thanks for the info. After I posted the question I research the board and found the answer also. We always enjoy buying reasonably priced wine in ports to try so this is definitely good news. I do see mention of a 3 bottle limit in some posts but sounds like it isn't enforced. I think we would not go over that amt anyway as we would primarily drink in our room--hate to pay corkage fees on a bottle that costs less than $20.

Better still - hate to BUY a bottle that costs less than $20 (with a very few notable exceptions)

:-)

The OP did correctly answer one question correctly. There are multiple threads on this exact same question on this board. It only takes a little searching to find them. No, the answer to the primary question hasn't changed since a new thread was started last month on the exact same issue! ;)

Better still - hate to BUY a bottle that costs less than $20 (with a very few notable exceptions)

:-)

That is your personal choice

Some people do not have a problem buying wine under $20 a bottle ..it is their personal choice

The OP did correctly answer one question correctly. There are multiple threads on this exact same question on this board. It only takes a little searching to find them. No, the answer to the primary question hasn't changed since a new thread was started last month on the exact same issue! ;)

LOL, it's very encouraging to watch all of us mature through the various stages:

1. What is a Search?
  2. I always Search before I Post.
  3. Why doesn't this guy Search before he Posts?
  4. They really need to improve this Search Function
  5. Searching is for beginners
  6. What is a Search?