Club class dining

OzKruser

Ozkruser,

We will be joining you on Saturday and we have a Club Class Mini. Thanks for letting us all know how it is working. As we are not at all interested in Traditional dining which is what we booked initially (before Club Class was introduced), I gather we just go to the Club Class door into the dining room at the time we prefer, which is around 7pm.

We are looking forward to trying this new arrangement. We are Elite, so the only real advantage I can see of this new Class is to be able to dine at the time you want without having to wait. Am I correct or are there a lot more benefits? We too didn't pay a huge amount to change to this new Class though we gave up our lovely cabin on Deck 8 for one that doesn't have any shade!

Jennie

Sorry I might not have been very clear, with your booking you are assigned a table for traditional dining (if that's what you dejected) or you are assigned anytime dining if you selected this option. Going to club class is in addition to your assigned dining option.

In fact in our cruise, we went to our traditional dining table once and then decided to go to club class and never went back. Then we got a call from passenger services asking us if we were going to stick with club class and if we were ok to give up our traditional dining early seating table in the other restaurant as they had a number of requests for this table.

We were happy to let it go as it wouldn't have been fair to retain it if we weren't going.

However if you choose to use both you can go to your assigned dining room and alternate with club class dining room also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for your review. There are 6 of us going and we have a table for 6 reserved for fixed dining. We will all be in full suites. Since you said you could go back and forth between Club Class and Fixed, I assume if only 2 people wanted to have Club Class 1 night and the other 4 wanted to do Fixed, that would be allowed?

we went to our traditional dining table once and then decided to go to club class and never went back. Then we got a call from passenger services asking us if we were going to stick with club class and if we were ok to give up our traditional dining early seating table in the other restaurant as they had a number of requests for this table.

We were happy to let it go as it wouldn't have been fair to retain it if we weren't going.

However if you choose to use both you can go to your assigned dining room and alternate with club class dining room also.

OP, thanks for your post and that you recognize the unfairness of keeping a seat in both dining areas. Glad to see that Princess is checking up on this, however, they seem happy to give CC the option to keep both. That does not seem fair to me and I wish that they would have people make one choice. Not everyone would be as understanding (or care) as you in how this would affect other diners, so thanks for that.

Thanks for your review. There are 6 of us going and we have a table for 6 reserved for fixed dining. We will all be in full suites. Since you said you could go back and forth between Club Class and Fixed, I assume if only 2 people wanted to have Club Class 1 night and the other 4 wanted to do Fixed, that would be allowed?

I believe that's correct

OP, thanks for your post and that you recognize the unfairness of keeping a seat in both dining areas. Glad to see that Princess is checking up on this, however, they seem happy to give CC the option to keep both. That does not seem fair to me and I wish that they would have people make one choice. Not everyone would be as understanding (or care) as you in how this would affect other diners, so thanks for that.

I am not sure they could make everyone in suites just go to club class sad there wouldn't be enough tables. That's why it's classed as anytime dining so first in best dressed

Ozkruser,

We will be joining you on Saturday and we have a Club Class Mini. Thanks for letting us all know how it is working. As we are not at all interested in Traditional dining which is what we booked initially (before Club Class was introduced), I gather we just go to the Club Class door into the dining room at the time we prefer, which is around 7pm.

We are looking forward to trying this new arrangement. We are Elite, so the only real advantage I can see of this new Class is to be able to dine at the time you want without having to wait. Am I correct or are there a lot more benefits? We too didn't pay a huge amount to change to this new Class though we gave up our lovely cabin on Deck 8 for one that doesn't have any shade!

Jennie

The only other benefit is the additional non menu items which are nice

OzKruiser, was there a brochure in your suite on day one explaining all these options? I am sailing Princess for the first time; and do not know their procedure. Thanks

There was a letter in the suite explaining the extra benefits including club class, breakfast in crown grill etc but we did have to ask to understand it better.

Thanks for the information.

We stayed in the now Club Class cabin two years ago, now they want to charge more and get nothing to make up the money difference!

I think that club class is a rip off!

Except for the dining option that keeps a table open for you anytime you arrive and some table side special dishes.

Edited by floridalover5623

There was a letter in the suite explaining the extra benefits including club class, breakfast in crown grill etc but we did have to ask to understand it better.

Thank you very much for your reply. Have a great day

Except for the dining option that keeps a table open for you anytime you arrive and some table side special dishes.

Don't you think they would use that table again if the people were early diners? I'm sure if they were finished by 7 PM or so, they would use that table again.

Don't you think they would use that table again if the people were early diners? I'm sure if they were finished by 7 PM or so, they would use that table again.

Absolutely not. It's reserved for the Club Class diners at any time they feel the need to go to the dining room.

Maybe at around 9:30 PM it'll be available for the general public. :rolleyes:

Not that I agree with the whole Club Class dining option since it takes away from everyone else but it does provide Princess with $$$.

Absolutely not. It's reserved for the Club Class diners at any time they feel the need to go to the dining room.

Maybe at around 9:30 PM it'll be available for the general public. :rolleyes:

Not that I agree with the whole Club Class dining option since it takes away from everyone else but it does provide Princess with $$$.

I did not mean for the general public. I meant that if a Club Class diner was finished at 7 PM, they might turn the table over for another Club Class Diner.:rolleyes:

I did not mean for the general public. I meant that if a Club Class diner was finished at 7 PM, they might turn the table over for another Club Class Diner.:rolleyes:

For sure. I can't see them holding a table for every individual.

They've probably got an excellent handle on how many CC diners will be eating at any time and allot just what's needed with probably some expansion room at the very side should it be needed.

...I can't see them holding a table for every individual. They've probably got an excellent handle on how many CC diners will be eating at any time and allot just what's needed with probably some expansion room at the very side should it be needed.

Does anyone know if they give "head of the line" status to CC diners in ATD if the CC section fills up? Or is the CC section always large enough? I'm thinking along the lines of what happens if a large group (family reunion or whatever) of CC passengers decide to descend on the CC dining area at once? I've seen groups of 50 or more travel together and take over buffet areas, etc.

Any tables for two, or only 4+?

All of the following is my experience and my experience only on the recent 15 day Panama Canal ocean to ocean cruise on the Island princess. My remarks are in no way intended to express what CC class is like on other ships or even what it was like for other passengers on the same cruise as me.

Just got off the Island and CC there had almost all 2 tops. There were 113 people in CC and there were 80 seats in CC (according to our waiter).

When you arrrive the hostess shows you the seating chart of CC and let's you know what is available and you can choose. Of course we usually just followed her in and would choose a table near folks we had become friendly with. It really became a lovely community. People greeting each other and stopping by to chat a bit. Of course there were those who chose to be more private and that was respected as well.

On the Island most of the tables had ocean views. We were always able to get one and we always had many choices of where to sit. You do not have a specific reserved table.

We loved CC and will not sail again without it. We upgraded our next cruise while on board so we would have CC.

All of the following is my experience and my experience only on the recent 15 day Panama Canal ocean to ocean cruise on the Island princess. My remarks are in no way intended to express what CC class is like on other ships or even what it was like for other passengers on the same cruise as me.

Just got off the Island and CC there had almost all 2 tops. There were 113 people in CC and there were 80 seats in CC (according to our waiter).

When you arrrive the hostess shows you the seating chart of CC and let's you know what is available and you can choose. Of course we usually just followed her in and would choose a table near folks we had become friendly with. It really became a lovely community. People greeting each other and stopping by to chat a bit. Of course there were those who chose to be more private and that was respected as well.

On the Island most of the tables had ocean views. We were always able to get one and we always had many choices of where to sit. You do not have a specific reserved table.

We loved CC and will not sail again without it. We upgraded our next cruise while on board so we would have CC.

What time did you arrive at the DR in the evening? Were most of the tables filled then?

What time did you arrive at the DR in the evening? Were most of the tables filled then?

It was different each night based on excursions and shows on board which is really the beauty of CC, but mostly we went between 6:00 and 7:00. There were always plenty of open tables and we liked every table we sat at.

It was different each night based on excursions and shows on board which is really the beauty of CC, but mostly we went between 6:00 and 7:00. There were always plenty of open tables and we liked every table we sat at.

That's the reason why we booked Club Class! No rushing back from tours and NEVER having to wait in lines to get seated for dinner at any time.

Thanks for your comments.

happy Cruising

That sounds really lovely.

We will consider CC in the future on Princess (after our upcoming cruise on Celebrity, but probably before MSC Seaside).

I know people on this board are wishing and hoping (against hope) that CC will fail, but by the sound of your post and others I've read, I think it is here to stay. :D