Canary Island Cruises - Where are they?

BazAl

Hey,

So for 2018 (yes I know it's in the future), I'm thinking of going on a Canary Cruise.

So I feel stumped... I'm looking and looking for cruises... but truthfully I only found one. Norwegian Cruises. I've found a couple of other companies that frequent a FEW islands and they all leave from Southampton meaning PLENTY of wasted days at sea - sorry that's how I see them. Personally I prefer to cruise lands than sea and that's a personal preference. Am I going crazy or is that it????

So that was my first question... my second is - typically when would you say the best time to cruise to the Canary Islands is. I know they say avoid the heated summer/crowed months. However, looking at the average weather - once you're out of the summer months you're looking at temps around the 60-70s which is hardly a good temperate to get wet. Maybe take a stroll with a light jacket. Am I wrong here? Can someone help me out with this thought.

Lastly, I'm hoping to find a cruise that coincides with Carnaval in Santa Cruz which should take place on Feb 13, 14 and 17 during 2018. None of the Norwegian Cruise dates work with this.

Am I making a mistake somewhere as I'm finding very little options available.

Cruises for 2018 are not available on all lines yet. Wait a month then they should all be available.

We are taking a 14 day cruise from Southampton to Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Las Canaria...it only has 4 days at sea spread out which we are looking forward to for rest in between ports.

RCCL Canary and Morocco trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cruises for 2018 are not available on all lines yet. Wait a month then they should all be available.

We are taking a 14 day cruise from Southampton to Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Las Canaria...it only has 4 days at sea spread out which we are looking forward to for rest in between ports.

Well I did check this year too it's pretty much NCCL.

The Canaries are to Europe as the Caribbean is to North America: a place to go to escape winter. So most of the ships will be calling in the winter months. Except for the occasional stopover on a TA. Go to http://www.cruisetimetables.com and choose ports in the Canaries from the Ports of Call lists. You will see who is calling there, and their itineraries. EM

Wow thanks for the site!!

Judging from what I'm seeing - the NCCL has the best scheduling when it comes to the Canary Islands - other ships may visit one or so ports. That being said, it's too bad - doesn't look like Tenerife is visited by them during the Carnival.

If you were prepared to sail from Southampton you would have a choice of major lines. I've done a Canaries cruise on Princess that went to Tenerife, Lanzarote and Gran Canaria, also Madeira, as well as ports on the Spanish and Portuguese mainland. I know that P&O do similar itineraries, as do Cunard. Some call in at the Azores as well. I don't think you're going to find any cruise that goes to more than three or four islands.

And before someone points it out, yes I do know that Madeira is not one of the Canary Islands but it's a usual call on Canary Islands cruises.

Madeira has got to be a brilliant place to visit. Where else in the world can you slide down a public road in a wicker work basket strapped to a pallet? They do not close the road to other traffic either. This trip is often available as a cruise line excursion or may be organised easily on your own.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Some cruise lines home port a ship in the Canaries for the winter months, so it's then that you'd see most of the islands plus perhaps Madeira and Azores, without the trip from Southampton first.

Check MSC, Aida and Costa out of different ports.

There's the option of flying in and seeing the islands by ferry?

Canaries from November to March can be windy, chilly and wet. It all depends on the depressions coming across the Atlantic. It is quite possible to have a perfectly dry, sunny warm week (20c) but just as possible to have a week of wind, rain and 10c temperatures. As long as you aren't planning to come back with a sun tan you will be OK.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

WOW thanks for all the info. Sounds like if I leave from Southampton, I should have plenty of options throughout the year - otherwise with NCCL I'm stuck with Jan, Feb Mach, Nov and Dec - which are still nice but on the colder side. Now all I have to do is figure out a month

That being said @frenchcanrican - your 14 day cruise with NCCl to Southampton to Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Las Canaria, I can't for the life of me find it - would you be able to link it by any chance?

Thanks!!

WOW thanks for all the info. Sounds like if I leave from Southampton, I should have plenty of options throughout the year - otherwise with NCCL I'm stuck with Jan, Feb Mach, Nov and Dec - which are still nice but on the colder side. Now all I have to do is figure out a month

That being said @frenchcanrican - your 14 day cruise with NCCl to Southampton to Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Las Canaria, I can't for the life of me find it - would you be able to link it by any chance?

Thanks!!

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/14NightCanariesNorthAfricaCruise-NV14Q094?currencyCode=USD&sCruiseType=CO&sailDate=09%2F29%2F2017

What month are you doing yours? We chose the end of June for ours on the Indy. WoW thats a large ship.