Mike & Tracy's continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Vista & Norwegean Getaway

MikeyA53

Very much enjoying your review and can't wait to see how the Getaway compares to your Vista experience. We have booked Vista and Getaway for June 2018' date=' but will cancel one of them. We're having trouble deciding between the two. The itinerary on Vista wins, but we enjoy NCL's Freestyle cruising and their excellent spa facilities. Choices, choices...either one will be great I'm sure! Thanks again for the great review, look forward to each update.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Ron, you are right, either way you'll enjoy whichever one you pick. They both have their Pros and Cons. Mike

Tracy and I were careless and touched a fire coral, Tracy got it on her thigh

Fuji%20Cruise%202016%20152_zpsn55z5ryv.jpg

I got it on my stomach and hands. It really burns and looks like a burn. Even after 7 weeks it’s still not all gone.

After snorkeling we continued with the island tour.

Cruising%202016%20996_zpsvfd04rjd.jpg

Cruising%202016%20997_zpsqwjxzcw4.jpg

Gotomeer, when translated is Goto Lake, a well-known area to view flamingoes

Cruising%202016%20998_zpsedvbplwo.jpg

Cruising%202016%201000_zpspg4dz9q8.jpg

Cruising%202016%201002_zpscoev9m72.jpg

Very much enjoying your review and can't wait to see how the Getaway compares to your Vista experience. We have booked Vista and Getaway for June 2018' date=' but will cancel one of them. We're having trouble deciding between the two. The itinerary on Vista wins, but we enjoy NCL's Freestyle cruising and their excellent spa facilities. Choices, choices...either one will be great I'm sure! Thanks again for the great review, look forward to each update.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off the Getaway on Sunday, and turned around and rebooked a cruise on her for next January with family! Loved that ship! You can't go wrong with the Getaway! It was our first time on NCL and freestyle cruising, and loved it!

Our next stop was the Cadushy Distillery in the town of Rincon, I love visiting distilleries and collecting new bottles of liquors and liqueurs. I guess it’s a hobby of mine that I started 11 years ago. After this trip I’m now up to 149 different bottles of liquors and liqueurs. Tracy and I are not big drinkers; we usually open the bar when we have visitors at the house otherwise we probably have a couple/few cocktails about once a month

Cruising%202016%201024_zps3lsazdth.jpg

Cruising%202016%201025_zpssi9hahqa.jpg

Cruising%202016%201026_zpsad5ncxei.jpg

Cruising%202016%201027_zpsst2nhzh7.jpg

Cruising%202016%201028_zpsfbcvg6ok.jpg

Cruising%202016%201030_zps5zuwdn81.jpg

I purchased the green bottle, Cadushy of Bonaire.

Cruising%202016%201031_zpsfoeofuhl.jpg

The six bottles represent the 6 Dutch Islands. Here’s a quote from the Cadushy website.

The Dutch Caribbean Islands are full of Heritage and History. This sparked the creativity of the Cadushy Distilling team. The team made a unique Liqueur for every Dutch Caribbean Island based on the Traditions of these Islands: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Sint Eustatius (AKA Statia) and Saba… Only for Sint Maarten they did not find traditions they could use. So… they took a great Dutch tradition that was ready to be renewed and made a Royal Orange of Orange Liqueur for the Kingdom of The Netherlands.

Cruising%202016%201032_zpswrztxnrz.jpg

Cruising%202016%201033_zpsskurhwfe.jpg

Cruising%202016%201034_zpseqsduvkz.jpg

Cruising%202016%201035_zpsa3fnrxyc.jpg

I'm loving your review so far!! You took some really great pictures of the ship, and ports. I'm sorry that you and Tracy accidentally encountered some fire coral, hopefully it didn't cause you guys too much pain! Keep the updates coming!!!!! :)

The six bottles represent the 6 Dutch Islands. Here’s a quote from the Cadushy website.

The Dutch Caribbean Islands are full of Heritage and History. This sparked the creativity of the Cadushy Distilling team. The team made a unique Liqueur for every Dutch Caribbean Island based on the Traditions of these Islands: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Sint Eustatius (AKA Statia) and Saba… Only for Sint Maarten they did not find traditions they could use. So… they took a great Dutch tradition that was ready to be renewed and made a Royal Orange of Orange Liqueur for the Kingdom of The Netherlands.

Very nice Food for Thought!

Checking out our digital photos

Cruising%202016%20628_zpsrneinack.jpg

Cruising%202016%20629_zpskwbnwpbz.jpg

I LOVE that Ellie the Elephant is holding an elephant! So cute! I missed Ellie on my cruise last week. :(

Loving your review! Thinking of booking the Vista next January before she moves to Texas.

Quick question: Did you play the bowling? Was it worth the $3?

I'm loving your review so far!! You took some really great pictures of the ship, and ports. I'm sorry that you and Tracy accidentally encountered some fire coral, hopefully it didn't cause you guys too much pain! Keep the updates coming!!!!! :)

Thank you, mine hurt for a few day if my clothes rubbed against it or if I touched it. Fire coral is nasty stuff, wish I would have known about it before getting close to it, Live and learn.

I LOVE that Ellie the Elephant is holding an elephant! So cute! I missed Ellie on my cruise last week. :(

Loving your review! Thinking of booking the Vista next January before she moves to Texas.

Quick question: Did you play the bowling? Was it worth the $3?

Thank you. No we didn't try the bowling. :)