Mike & Tracy's continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Vista & Norwegean Getaway

MikeyA53

Hi Mike, I just wanted to thank you and say how much I enjoyed your latest review. I'm glad to hear that you liked NCL well enough to book a second NCL cruise! We really liked Getaway, too, and I wouldn't hesitate to sail her again. :)

Wow, I'm jealous of your upcoming B2B2B. :D I really hope you'll come back and do another review for us. And, it's a small world, because my husband and I are heading out on Divina this Saturday! We haven't cruised since Getaway in July 2015 and I feel so fortunate to be cruising again. Take care.

Heather

Thanks so much for this review. I know they are a lot of work to do so here is one more thank you!! I really enjoyed following along. Makes me so sad I dont have anything booked at the moment. We are thinking Vista next February *finger crossed*

Please do see if you can do the Med. We did the western route on the NCL Epic for my first cruise and that's what got me hooked on cruising. It was wonderful!

It's on our bucket list, we will eventually get there. :)

she who must be obeyed and I have done 7 med cruises...helps that we have flown on air miles (the blue card). the Symphony of the Seas which will be the worlds largest cruise ship coming out in 2018. Has some really decent prices for 7 days out of Barcelona that spring.

check them out

Thanks Captain, I'll check it out.

Hi Mike fellow Ontarian here. Thanks so much for your review. I have also been on NCL Escape as well as a couple Carnival ships. I, like you, agree with the comment each line has their pros and cons and I wouldn't hesitate to cruise on either line depending on the pricing of course because of our dollar.

I am also going to try the MSC Divina experience at the end of April this year and Vista in October so thank you for the Vista portion of the review. I am going to hopefully do my first cruise vlog when I get back from the Divina and will post it on the MSC board or on my new youtube channel

Thanks, I'll be looking for your it on the MSC board.

Hi Mike, I just wanted to thank you and say how much I enjoyed your latest review. I'm glad to hear that you liked NCL well enough to book a second NCL cruise! We really liked Getaway, too, and I wouldn't hesitate to sail her again. :)

Wow, I'm jealous of your upcoming B2B2B. :D I really hope you'll come back and do another review for us. And, it's a small world, because my husband and I are heading out on Divina this Saturday! We haven't cruised since Getaway in July 2015 and I feel so fortunate to be cruising again. Take care.

Heather

Thanks Heather, have a wonderful cruise. Maybe you can post your thoughts on cruise critic, I'll be looking for it.

Thanks so much for this review. I know they are a lot of work to do so here is one more thank you!! I really enjoyed following along. Makes me so sad I dont have anything booked at the moment. We are thinking Vista next February *finger crossed*

Thanks, good luck with the Vista cruise. Mike

This review was very much worth the wait and I am thrilled to see you have another booked for so soon! I'll have to keep an eye on those boards I don't frequent for your reviews later this year (or maybe you can do a shout on the Carnival board when you start posting so I know to go look!)

In particular, I am very interested in your MSC review. We are booked on 2 Carnival ships to finish out this year -I will turn Platinum in May and my DH will turn Platinum on the December cruise (pending no changes to the loyalty program). I find MSC interesting, and have been contemplating looking there next!

Tracy and I each ordered one of the regular priced cocktail and it came to $25.84. Definitely more expensive than on Carnival so unless you have the drink package, liquor is expensive on Norwegian.

Royal is even more, $12+18% on Allure OTS last April per drink!! But the ship is beautiful, if you haven't tried it yet, you may want to.

I'm reading as I approach dinner time and it's dangerous, I want everything. Even the pizza looked okay and I could eat at O'Sheehan's constantly.

This review was very much worth the wait and I am thrilled to see you have another booked for so soon! I'll have to keep an eye on those boards I don't frequent for your reviews later this year (or maybe you can do a shout on the Carnival board when you start posting so I know to go look!)

In particular, I am very interested in your MSC review. We are booked on 2 Carnival ships to finish out this year -I will turn Platinum in May and my DH will turn Platinum on the December cruise (pending no changes to the loyalty program). I find MSC interesting, and have been contemplating looking there next!

Thank you. I will put something on the Carnival board if I write a review.

Royal is even more, $12+18% on Allure OTS last April per drink!! But the ship is beautiful, if you haven't tried it yet, you may want to.

I'm reading as I approach dinner time and it's dangerous, I want everything. Even the pizza looked okay and I could eat at O'Sheehan's constantly.

We will try them some day I have no doubt. :)

Thank you for the amazing review. We will be going on the vista this summer. Is there any way you will share where you purchased your caribbean map? We have been looking for one. We have only seen them for the entire world (only interested in the Caribbean!)

Thank you for the amazing review. We will be going on the vista this summer. Is there any way you will share where you purchased your caribbean map? We have been looking for one. We have only seen them for the entire world (only interested in the Caribbean!)

Thank you, we purchased it on the ship in one of the stores a few years ago, I don' t know if they still have them. Good luck finding one.

Hi all!

Mikey - I appreciate that writing a report such as yours takes a LOT of effort but please don't stop! Maybe putting in less pictures would help.

BTW if my PVR info is correct MSC Divina is featured on Mighty Cruise Ships on Discovery channel 520 on Bell Sunday at 7 pm.

Jo

Sent from my UMI TOUCH X using Forums mobile app

Hi all!

Mikey - I appreciate that writing a report such as yours takes a LOT of effort but please don't stop! Maybe putting in less pictures would help.

BTW if my PVR info is correct MSC Divina is featured on Mighty Cruise Ships on Discovery channel 520 on Bell Sunday at 7 pm.

Jo

Sent from my UMI TOUCH X using Forums mobile app

Thanks jo, I have been following the series, I'll be watching it for sure. Mike

I have been following a long! Love all of your pictures! I haven't seen your link to your review on the NCL board. I think it would be awesome to share this wonderful review with them! We try different lines but tend to book NCL. We had already booked the Vista b4 your review and now I am more comfortable with our decision.

I have been following a long! Love all of your pictures! I haven't seen your link to your review on the NCL board. I think it would be awesome to share this wonderful review with them! We try different lines but tend to book NCL. We had already booked the Vista b4 your review and now I am more comfortable with our decision.

Thanks, if I do a review on our upcoming Escape cruise it will be on the Norwegian site this time.

Hello Mikey, new neighbor! lol.

thanks so much for this review of your b2b. I still love Carnival, but have been attempting to and wanting to cruise on one of NCL's newer ships with the solo rooms, since that is the way I cruise, but unfortunately have had to keep putting off my cruises lately for various personal reasons. But would of course love to sail Vista one day, and one way or another....I will some day get to sail on NCL, would love to do Epic, Getaway or Escape some day, hoping... thanks for your great review.:)

Hello Mikey, new neighbor! lol.

thanks so much for this review of your b2b. I still love Carnival, but have been attempting to and wanting to cruise on one of NCL's newer ships with the solo rooms, since that is the way I cruise, but unfortunately have had to keep putting off my cruises lately for various personal reasons. But would of course love to sail Vista one day, and one way or another....I will some day get to sail on NCL, would love to do Epic, Getaway or Escape some day, hoping... thanks for your great review.:)

Thanks, welcome to Ottawa, good luck with your future cruise endeavours. :)

Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to put together such intensive reviews and pictures. We have been "navigating" towards NCL (bought 4 future cruise certificates last year, used them, bought 4 more on our Pride of America Hawaii trip this past Dec., used some for our upcoming Med cruise with NCL) though we still like Carnival. (just off Splendor a few weeks ago) Glad you liked the Getaway. Freshens things up a bit when you change lines - different entertainment, food, etc. Can't wait to read about your next adventures.