Diamond lounge drinks lets have some fun!!!

ETski

Lets have some fun with the complimentary liquor, beers and wines they offer. What cocktails were made for you using the list. I know they will not make frozen drinks but its always fun to know what others have been drinking. This will be our second time diamond on our Feb. cruise.

Dirty Martini's..... they use the juice from the olives suppied to the bar. SO loves these. One is enough for me. On our last two cruises, the bartender chased down a jar of olives to use the juice for our Dirty's.... I later switched to a recommend Martini using Titos and mostly straight .... LOL

I have seen Cosmos as well.... Serenade had a full service bar and it just depended what is was stocked with. Enchantment did not have a bar inside the CL but the VC had one which was just outside. We NEVER saw anyone at the VC bar or lounge on our 4 night cruise.

Edited by troykahack

On our last Anthem cruise I always had a Gin and Tonic before dinner. The fun thing is the waiter in the DC brought it in a large water glass and told me I looked like I could handle it. I never needed more than one :eek:

Tom

On our last Anthem cruise I always had a Gin and Tonic before dinner. The fun thing is the waiter in the DC brought it in a large water glass and told me I looked like I could handle it. I never needed more than one :eek:

Tom

Yes, the drinks for us have been very strong.....

What is a French 75, please? I've seen bloody marys, margaritas (made with mix..not good), lemondrops, chocolate martinis, something called a peach martini which was to die for, appletinis (but not in several years), leprecahn (Baileys and Jameson, delicious and deadly), and the usual rum and coke, vodka and tonic, scotch and soda, etc. Strangely we were denied a bloody mary on HOTS recently. Never been on any other ship that I could not get one in the lounge.

What is a French 75, please? I've seen bloody marys, margaritas (made with mix..not good), lemondrops, chocolate martinis, something called a peach martini which was to die for, appletinis (but not in several years), leprecahn (Baileys and Jameson, delicious and deadly), and the usual rum and coke, vodka and tonic, scotch and soda, etc. Strangely we were denied a bloody mary on HOTS recently. Never been on any other ship that I could not get one in the lounge.

On Enchantment, the ship had run out of Bloody Mary mix from the previous 3 night cruise to our 4 night. They soon ran out of Tomato Juice as well. We were told it was onboard but depending how the pallets are set up, may take days to be restocked.

If I am correct a French 75 is a sparking wine cocktail with lemon juice, simple syrup and gin. Correct me if I'm wrong. Going to try this in Feb. Sounds interesting. Last year I did Jameson and fruit punch and a Jameson sour. Not a fan but Baileys and Jameson sounds delish. They were ok. Had cosmo's and chocolate martinis and they were yummy.

Edited by ETski

Tom

My husbands favorite Gin and Tonic. Second best is a dirty Martini.

Why not drink what you usually drink?

Those guys don't want to make a bunch of silly drinks....

Reason I asked is because I am not a big drinker. Generally have one drink in the lounge or for that matter for the day. I always like to know what new drinks are out there.

Lets have some fun with the complimentary liquor, beers and wines they offer. What cocktails were made for you using the list. I know they will not make frozen drinks but its always fun to know what others have been drinking. This will be our second time diamond on our Feb. cruise.

Great Topic. We are about to go on our on our 3rd Diamond cruise. I'm more likely to try something new when its free. My wife tried a Lemon Drop on our last cruise.

It wasn't that they ran out of bloody mary mix. They said we would have to pay for it!

Actually, we had Bloody Mary in the CL on EN. However, it was made with Tomato Juice until it ran out. No Bloody Mary mix at any bars after the pool bar ran out of there mix. We were told the previous cruise had a big part crowd that seemed to like Bloody Mary's. Who knows, we just know they were out and by the 3rd day the Tamato juice was put as well.

Serenade had a full bar in CL, I believe as well as DL. No blenders. We had two bartenders covers the bar as well as lounge.

I've found that you can ask for anything and they are happy to tell you whether or not you can get it. I've seen people get simple drinks or more elaborate drinks (like Chocolate Martinis).

My wife asked if they could make a margarita and they said that "on the rocks" is OK, but not frozen. That's her preference anyway and she loved it.

What's really fun is after the first night the waiters will likely remember you and just say "Gin and Tonic?" I don't know how they do it, but it makes one feel special (I guess that's the intention of a loyalty perk).

It's always fun to look around at what others are having and I've never had anyone feel insulted when I've walked over to inquire about their tasty looking drink. Most of the time people are super friendly after a few drinks.

Tom

Another fun and helpful contribution. ;)

As a former Bartender, I can tell you firsthand that they do not like making frozen drinks or anything that requires more than 5 different ingredients.

You might not see it on their face, but they are thinking it.

The simpler, the better......

I prefer margaritas on the rocks but had issues on one of our cruises getting one at outside bars during the DL hours with my coupon. Several told me that it was not included, I'd have to pay, whatever.

I actually spoke with Bertie about it and he said that there was some disconnect between the DL drinks and the other bars.

I would never have thought they would or could do a chocolate martini in the lounge. Didn't think they'd have chocolate sauce. Might have to give that a try.

Is there a current list of DL drinks? I know Bob posted one in one of the first few responses, but is that current or ship specific?

We've found that they will do a lot of drinks in the DC that are not technically allowed so long as they have the ingredients available.

I think it's more of a nuisance for the other bars since people seldom tip and there's really nothing in it for the bartenders or servers. I think the people working in the DC actually do quite well these days with tips and they have a lot of fun with the guests. Outside of the DC I think we are just annoying.

Tom

I prefer margaritas on the rocks but had issues on one of our cruises getting one at outside bars during the DL hours with my coupon. Several told me that it was not included, I'd have to pay, whatever.

I actually spoke with Bertie about it and he said that there was some disconnect between the DL drinks and the other bars.

I would never have thought they would or could do a chocolate martini in the lounge. Didn't think they'd have chocolate sauce. Might have to give that a try.

Is there a current list of DL drinks? I know Bob posted one in one of the first few responses, but is that current or ship specific?

If I am correct a French 75 is a sparking wine cocktail with lemon juice, simple syrup and gin. Correct me if I'm wrong. Going to try this in Feb. Sounds interesting. Last year I did Jameson and fruit punch and a Jameson sour. Not a fan but Baileys and Jameson sounds delish. They were ok. Had cosmo's and chocolate martinis and they were yummy.

Yes, that is correct. French 75 is my wife's favorite cocktail, though she also skips the simple syrup sometimes or switches out the champagne for prosecco so it's "naturally" sweetened.

Haven't been to the diamond lounge yet, but a few concierge lounges. I'm boring and usually get a rum and diet coke (or preferably coke zero if they can get their hands on it). Usually one before dinner and then one after dinner. I used to go for gin and tonic, but tonic no longer agrees with me.

Besides a French 75, the Mrs. also sometimes will order a cosmo, martini or the house champagne (I have no idea why she likes that stuff, but she does). One time on Brilliance, the bartender made something for her in a martini glass that was yellow and had a drizzle of grenadine in it. I can't remember the details or the name.

Edited by nolesrule

As a former Bartender, I can tell you firsthand that they do not like making frozen drinks or anything that requires more than 5 different ingredients.

You might not see it on their face, but they are thinking it.

The simpler, the better......

Mojito on the rocks....... not likely in the CL/DL

Edited by troykahack