On Oasis Now

Jen1000

I have not eaten there but I did go check the menu yesterday and there was nothing like that on the menu. Prices for food ranged from $2 for a side to $10 for a meal, guac and chips is $6.

Does Sabor have the $20 tasting menu?

Thanks

I have not seen that offered. I scanned the dailies that I still have and do not see it listed. It is possible it was offered a day I don't have anymore but I do not recall seeing it listed. Lots of wine and beer tastings though.

Is there Cavier tasting??

1. Agree, absolutely shocking the lack of decent food after 8:45. Pizza is sometimes edible and sometimes not.

2. I thought the Dreamworks parade was on day 1 or 2, we did not go but I thought I saw it on the schedule.

3. First 2 nights was Cats. Nights 3 and 4 was the headliner. He was excellent. I saw the Aqua show the only night it ran and it only ran one night. The first 2 nights it was cancelled due to the ship motion.

4. The venues are surprisingly small for such a large ship. Often you cannot get in as they are full.

I am also on now and we are rocking!!! A few things that surprised me:

1. You will be hard pressed to find a hot, free meal (not pizza or room service) past 8:45 at night.

2. I still have not seen anything about the Dreamworks parade and we are on day 6 today.

3. Headliner was only the first 3 nights so we missed him. I don't think the Aqua show is coming back either. It kept getting cancelled and only happened one night (we were docked).

4. Sabor is amazing!

5. Not a ton of adult oriented activites (other than shopping events and spa seminars) during the day.

All that sounds negative but we are having a great time. More of a review with pics to come later.

Lots of things to do at night, no shortage there. Dancing, live music, disco, everything.

Make a res for the comedy club as it is small and popular. We could not make our res due to a schedule change so I did stand by one night and barely got in. If a group of about 15 ahead of us did not get tired of waiting, we would not have got in.

Flowrider, rock climbing and zipline are free.

Haven't been to Vintages but will try to stop by.

Hi! I am on the Oasis in 3 weeks and am soooo excited. Few things I am curious about:

What is the nightlife like? I like to dance and drink and generally party like I am 25 (even though I am 40) LOL.

Is there a charge to do the flowrider, zipline or rock climbing wall? I have a boardwalk balcony which comes with the eat, drink, play perks which includes a “rock climbing session for the whole family”, which makes me think you have to pay for it if you didn’t have it but I don’t know!

Oh, do you know what they are charging for the tapas at Vintages?

Thanks!!!

Carla

Please let us know if you see drink cards for sale. Curious about the cost and what day it first shows up.

Bon Voyage!

If I recall correctly, while on Oasis for Christmas, I think the cards were on sale towards the end of the cruise (last 3 or 4 days) and believe it was 10 drinks for $79 (plus gratuity I believe).

If I recall correctly, while on Oasis for Christmas, I think the cards were on sale towards the end of the cruise (last 3 or 4 days) and believe it was 10 drinks for $79 (plus gratuity I believe).

Thank-you.

Dreamworks parade is tonight (day 7) at 7:45. This is the only night it is offered. They call it the farewell parade now. Staff I talked to said they are only offering it once per cruise due to staffing ??

Vintages tapas range from $4 - $10 depending on what you want. Wine flights are $30 for three 2-oz pours.

I have not seen that offered. I scanned the dailies that I still have and do not see it listed. It is possible it was offered a day I don't have anymore but I do not recall seeing it listed. Lots of wine and beer tastings though.

Thank you.... we did the wine tasting on Oasis. We also had a great time on Serenade for the beer tasting (testing).

Have you seen anything offered like a Champagne Brunch and tour? We are signed up for the All Access tour on Allure but loved the Champagne Brunch on Serenade.

One more Oasis question. We are sailing on her for the first time 2/5. What nights are the formal nights? It used to be the second and one other as I recall on the Freedom. Looking forward to seeing what is a central park balcony we are booked in. Thanks

I really don't know what it is. I have heard 2 theories. One is that it was very windy and with the high profile and the open back the ship does not handle the wind well and it is worse than a smaller ship. Others have said it would be worse on a smaller ship. Right now it is pretty smooth.

Are the seas that rough right now or does this ship just rock because it is to top heavy? I'm not excited about sailing on a rocking ship. Been there. Done that.

I did a quick look and did not see those specific tables. There is not a great order to the table numbers and some 600's and 900's are next to the 400's???? Anyway, I looked over the railing to the 3rd floor a few times this week and there is really not much to see down there except for people eating! I looked last night and tonight when they introduced the kitchen and dining room staff but they circle through all the dining areas so you don't really need to look over the balcony, just wait and they will pass through.

We can pick a table in the MDR so I have a question. What are balcony tables on Deck 4 like 417, 418, 414 like especially with the view looking down to Deck 3 like? I also am looking at table 412 by the railing. If you have a chance to please check out, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

I would like to hear from someone who was on a more "normal" sized ship this week in this area and find out if it was rough for them too.

Oasis is not top heavy, she is rocking like all ships in the Caribbean are right now due to very strong winds. We are presently on Allure in the western Caribbean and it's the same. I wouldn't want to be on a small ship.

Yes, they were $79 plus 18% gratuity. I would just ask for it day 1 and see what they say. There will be several tables selling drink packages.

It involved a large number of people in the parade, not sure where they all came from. It was very cute and fun.

Vintages has tapas starting at $4+ and then there are some multiple tapas groupings in the $18 range

Dreamworks parade is tonight (day 7) at 7:45. This is the only night it is offered. They call it the farewell parade now. Staff I talked to said they are only offering it once per cruise due to staffing ??

Vintages tapas range from $4 - $10 depending on what you want. Wine flights are $30 for three 2-oz pours.

There was a galley tour with champagne and/or mimosas I believe. There may have been some appetizers as well. This was $35??? They came around Windjammer one day and told us about it. I don't think it was a champagne brunch tough.

Thank you.... we did the wine tasting on Oasis. We also had a great time on Serenade for the beer tasting (testing).

Have you seen anything offered like a Champagne Brunch and tour? We are signed up for the All Access tour on Allure but loved the Champagne Brunch on Serenade.

*waving hello from the Aqua suite* We are on the Oasis also! The ship sure is rocking but I've never slept so well in my life. I am impressed with the food in the specialty restaurants. So delicious!

We will be on Allure in April in an ATS and ice been reading about the most Tino on the big ships. Do you ever worry the ship would tip over? I'm actually bringing a separate life jacket for my toddler to keep in our cabin. I won't lie - being on the mega ship excites me but also makes me nervous too. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you ask the ppl at the Starbucks if I am able to use a gift card for my purchases?

RCCL twitter says no. A guest on Oasis last month says she was able to use hers.

Thanks.

There has been no problem using USD denominated gift cards at the Starbucks venues on Oasis class ships.

There has been no problem using USD denominated gift cards at the Starbucks venues on Oasis class ships.

So weird that official twitter would say no. To save there assess? Lol guess I will take my chances and hope I can use my usd starbucks card when I return to canada lol