On Oasis Now

Jen1000

Please let us know if you see drink cards for sale. Curious about the cost and what day it first shows up.

Bon Voyage!

I was also on this sailing. I first noticed the drink cards for sale on day 5. It showed up on the messages section on the TV in the room...

I did a quick look and did not see those specific tables. There is not a great order to the table numbers and some 600's and 900's are next to the 400's???? Anyway, I looked over the railing to the 3rd floor a few times this week and there is really not much to see down there except for people eating! I looked last night and tonight when they introduced the kitchen and dining room staff but they circle through all the dining areas so you don't really need to look over the balcony, just wait and they will pass through.

Thanks -- we always liked the view looking down from Deck 4 or 5 when we sailed on Voyager and Freedom class ships.

If you got off today,, how was disembarkation?

It was pretty slow, but that was probably our own fault. We used the express checkout (where you carry out your own bags) and got into line around 6:45 am. We instantly realized we waited too late when we saw the line wrapping around the deck 5 jogging track. We had to wait in line about an hour with our bags to get off of the ship...

[uOTE=Jen1000;51988635]I am on the Oasis now, if there are any questions ask.
. Can u please tell me if the balcony dividers are allowed to be open when traveling with adjoining cabins?? Thanks for your help.

Yes. We didn't do it, but a family next to us did...

No, I did not worry the ship would tip over.

We will be on Allure in April in an ATS and ice been reading about the most Tino on the big ships. Do you ever worry the ship would tip over? I'm actually bringing a separate life jacket for my toddler to keep in our cabin. I won't lie - being on the mega ship excites me but also makes me nervous too. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on this sailing. We showed up to pier with three of us and from the moment we walked into the building to the moment we walked into the ship was 11 minutes.

Getting off was another matter. We got in line for self-assist around 7:30 and it was wrapped around the walking track from the exit doors, inside the promenade, out to the track and around the entire ship back to where I could see people getting off next to me. It took about 45 minutes to get off the ship. They were calling tag #7 by the time we debarked and those passengers felt it was okay to push ahead of us in line.

From getting in line to getting dropped off at MCO was about 3 hours. It was rough with a 5-year-old.

The movement was crazy seas and crazy wind. Our excursion in St. Maarten was cancelled and they said NOBODY was going in the water at any beaches because the seas were so rough and the swells were so big.

Originally I was hesitant to go on this ship but (except for Alaska) it might be one of the only classes we cruise now as none of us felt sick from the motion because it was so gentle compared to a smaller ship.

We were on the 12/18 sailing and it also took us about an hour to get off the ship using self assist. In the past out of Ft Lauderdale self assist was very fast.

I could not tell if there were 2 places to disembark now that the ship is in PC. I believe when it was in Ft Lauderdale you disembarked from next to the champagne bar and then another one next to Sorrentos.

We got off this time next to the Champagne bar but I did not notice if there was another line near Sorrentos.

1. Agree, absolutely shocking the lack of decent food after 8:45. Pizza is sometimes edible and sometimes not.

It almost seems a secret, but check out Sorrento's made to order personal pizzas, usually only takes 10 minutes.

I am also on now and we are rocking!!! A few things that surprised me:

1. You will be hard pressed to find a hot, free meal (not pizza or room service) past 8:45 at night.

2. I still have not seen anything about the Dreamworks parade and we are on day 6 today.

3. Headliner was only the first 3 nights so we missed him. I don't think the Aqua show is coming back either. It kept getting cancelled and only happened one night (we were docked).

4. Sabor is amazing!

5. Not a ton of adult oriented activites (other than shopping events and spa seminars) during the day.

All that sounds negative but we are having a great time. More of a review with pics to come later.

I feel so silly asking this, but what do you mean that the headliner was only for the first 3 nights? Is that a show you have to reserve? How do you find out what it is? First time cruiser going later this year!

What are drink cards? First time cruiser (going in August 2017) Thanks!

If you want to converse with your fellow cruisers on the Oasis in August, 2017, click on the site below, find your cruise week, and get to know them!!;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=549

Welcome to Cruise Critic and have a great time on Oasis!!:cool:

Very rough seas and the ship was rocking. Great for sleeping! Our balcony (Deck 9) was covered with salt. they cleaned it in St. Thomas and it was covered again when we got back to Port Canaveral. Also started out in the 40's!!!

I watched the Captains weather reports on the ship channel. He actually weaved between the islands to give us a "better" ride. Could have been worse.

Embarking was a breeze (diamond). Departure went amazingly fast. My husband uses a walker and with a porter we were off and thru customs in 20 minutes.

Unfortunately we missed the Meet and Mingle. It was at 9 am. We're not early risers. We also missed the Crown and Anchor show in the Aqua Theater. In fact we never saw the regular water show. Ours was cancelled twice.

Hope the next sailings are warmer and moother.

Unfortunately we missed the Meet and Mingle. It was at 9 am. .

Wow, that is the earliest I've heard of. I am starting to think Royal is starting to try to kill off the event.

I just checked future events and Allure has been assigning 9:30am for these and there are none currently scheduled, or the list hasn't been updated in a long time, for Oasis.

Edited by BillOh

Wow, that is the earliest I've heard of. I am starting to think Royal is starting to try to kill off the event.

I just checked future events and Allure has been assigning 9:30am for these and there are none currently scheduled, or the list hasn't been updated in a long time, for Oasis.

If you check those times for the ALLURE, you'll note they're on Embarkation Day; obviously an error.

So do the exterior balconies have dividers that open for group cabins? I hear that it is RCCL policy not to allow it.

Balconies have dividers than can be opened, but it's up to ship's management if it will be allowed.

*waving hello from the Aqua suite* We are on the Oasis also! The ship sure is rocking but I've never slept so well in my life. I am impressed with the food in the specialty restaurants. So delicious!

Uh oh you can feel the rocking?! Now I'm scared as I'm already prone to sea sickness