On Oasis Now

Jen1000

I saw an ad for drink cards yesterday (Thursday of a Sunday cruise start) while I was at Guest Services. That is the first time I have seen anything about it. I'll ask how much they cost and if they were available on day 1. I have to go to GS later as they charged one of our cabins twice for the soda package and it was the wrong amount (bought on Tuesday night was charged for the entire week, not once but twice!)

Please let us know if you see drink cards for sale. Curious about the cost and what day it first shows up.

Bon Voyage!

I saw an ad for drink cards yesterday (Thursday of a Sunday cruise start) while I was at Guest Services. That is the first time I have seen anything about it. I'll ask how much they cost and if they were available on day 1. I have to go to GS later as they charged one of our cabins twice for the soda package and it was the wrong amount (bought on Tuesday night was charged for the entire week, not once but twice!)

Thank-you!

I am on the Oasis now, if there are any questions ask.

Hi Jen, If you happen to run into a bartender named "Juxhin" he'll say it is Eugene, please say hello for us. He probably won't even remember but we were on Liberty during the Easter Cruise in 2015. He was our favorite bartender. He was in the Hoof & Claw and made very good cocktails. Once my wife was not sure what to have, so he made her a type of strawberry martini that was popular in a nightclub back in his home Tirana in Albania. Needless to say, but he made several drinks for us over the course of our cruise. I saw a picture of him on FB and he was on Oasis a few months ago. Anyway, if you run into him, get him to make you one of those strawberry drinks if you are into those kind of drinks. I though he made the best Old Fashioned on the ship.

He might remember me showing him pictures of the amount of snow we had at our house before we left for that cruise.

Dennis from Canada

Edited by dpostman

I am also on now and we are rocking!!! A few things that surprised me:

1. You will be hard pressed to find a hot, free meal (not pizza or room service) past 8:45 at night.

2. I still have not seen anything about the Dreamworks parade and we are on day 6 today.

3. Headliner was only the first 3 nights so we missed him. I don't think the Aqua show is coming back either. It kept getting cancelled and only happened one night (we were docked).

4. Sabor is amazing!

5. Not a ton of adult oriented activites (other than shopping events and spa seminars) during the day.

All that sounds negative but we are having a great time. More of a review with pics to come later.

We were on the oasis 12/31-1/8 and they sold the drink card. First noticed it on 1/2, so day 3, but the pool bartender wouldn't sell it after lunch, saying it must be purchased early in the day, which was incorrect. We eventually purchased it on 1/4, day 5, cost includes the tip $93.22. Ten drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi! I am on the Oasis in 3 weeks and am soooo excited. Few things I am curious about:

What is the nightlife like? I like to dance and drink and generally party like I am 25 (even though I am 40) LOL.

Is there a charge to do the flowrider, zipline or rock climbing wall? I have a boardwalk balcony which comes with the eat, drink, play perks which includes a “rock climbing session for the whole family”, which makes me think you have to pay for it if you didn’t have it but I don’t know!

Oh, do you know what they are charging for the tapas at Vintages?

Thanks!!!

Carla

Rock climbing, flow rider, and zipline are all included in your cruise fare - no extra charge. (unless they changed recently). My guess is you are getting a private session without lines with your deal.

We can pick a table in the MDR so I have a question. What are balcony tables on Deck 4 like 417, 418, 414 like especially with the view looking down to Deck 3 like? I also am looking at table 412 by the railing. If you have a chance to please check out, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Do you know how much the alcohol package was and if you were charges tax and gratuities or just gratuities on your refreshment package?

RC does not charge US sales tax on beverage packages, no matter what US port the ship is docked at.

Are the seas that rough right now or does this ship just rock because it is to top heavy? I'm not excited about sailing on a rocking ship. Been there. Done that.

Oasis is not top heavy, she is rocking like all ships in the Caribbean are right now due to very strong winds. We are presently on Allure in the western Caribbean and it's the same. I wouldn't want to be on a small ship.