Current platinum gift

Cruisegirl6

Just got off a b2b2b today. The first 2 weeks we got the box with the note pads. The 3rd week we got both the box and night light. The night lights are nice with a blue glow. We traded in a set of two boxes for two night lights. The boxes will be given to my great grand kids for some of their trinkets. It was hard packing 4 boxes though. Kids will love them.

Still say we should be able to pick from a list of gifts

Which begs the question, what else have you thrown away?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We typically dont throw away the gifts but quite a few we have regifted to new friends on cruises, and suddenly wondering if the ones we never heard from again were ones who thought gifts were awful and tossed the gift and us overboard:eek:

We liked our platinum gift so much, we left it in the cabin. My wife was very disappointed.

Barry

The only gifts we ever kept were the tevis tumbler (1) and the collapsible cooler which is great for packing make up and meds. Otherwise we find a kid and give them the platinum gift. Not a snob, just don't need or want most of the stuff. (backpacks, coffee cups, plastic visors etc.)

I always hoped they would bring the Tervis tumblers back. I got the hat in 2013, but it wasn't my style.

The tumblers could be used for the duration of the trip, but I would wager that even with the volume discounts, these weren't cheap.

I always hoped they would bring the Tervis tumblers back. I got the hat in 2013, but it wasn't my style.

The tumblers could be used for the duration of the trip, but I would wager that even with the volume discounts, these weren't cheap.

They were on of the best gifts but since than got larger size at Sam's and now they sit and gather dust.

Getting ready for our first Platinum cruise next Sunday and reading about the gifts.

If there were a list to choose from, I would be so happy to see the Embarkation Picture on it. Technically, the cost to produce it would be minimal. I say that because I watch hundreds being thrown in the trash bins on every cruise, therefore it must be cheap or they would have changed to digital years ago.

I think it would be a very nice "Thank You for cruising with us many times" gift. I would feel very appreciated! :) ....and then I would purchase another picture.

The only gifts we ever kept were the tevis tumbler (1) and the collapsible cooler which is great for packing make up and meds. Otherwise we find a kid and give them the platinum gift. Not a snob, just don't need or want most of the stuff. (backpacks, coffee cups, plastic visors etc.)

Backpack was about the most useful gift we have gotten. They are now worn out and would love to see a repeat of it. Binoculars were another useful one just wish we would remember where we put them.:eek:

Just reading these and trying to remember some of the gifts we have received. My first was a tote bag that I used til it wore out. We had several picture frames, binoculars, thermos, love love love the tervis (have6), packing cubes, USB plug, golf hats, duffle bags, back packs (another favorite), luggage tags. Some gifts are very useful others not so much. I will be taking my milestone cruise in March. Wonder if I get anything special for that?

Just reading these and trying to remember some of the gifts we have received. My first was a tote bag that I used til it wore out. We had several picture frames, binoculars, thermos, love love love the tervis (have6), packing cubes, USB plug, golf hats, duffle bags, back packs (another favorite), luggage tags. Some gifts are very useful others not so much. I will be taking my milestone cruise in March. Wonder if I get anything special for that?

binoculars and tervis cups were my favorites

We were on the Magic on the Dec 3rd sailing and received the wooden box with the notecards. The pen that comes with it is very nice. We are currently on the Magic right now (Jan 14th sailing) and received the night lights. I love them!

This is my suggestion to Carnival. How about a SHIP ON A STICK as a VIP award? Certainly, that would please every one.

I can see it now. Engraved with: LOYALTY AWARD, YOUR NAME and NUMBER OF CRUISES TAKEN. It would end up sitting in my display cabinet next to several of it's friends achieved during other cruises.

Come on Carnival, make us happy. This would be the perfect VIP gift. The heck with pens, cups and caps, make tears come to my eyes. I got to leave now .................. Got the tears just thinking about it.

A White sail and sign card

This is my suggestion to Carnival. How about a SHIP ON A STICK as a VIP award? Certainly, that would please every one.

I can see it now. Engraved with: LOYALTY AWARD, YOUR NAME and NUMBER OF CRUISES TAKEN. It would end up sitting in my display cabinet next to several of it's friends achieved during other cruises.

Come on Carnival, make us happy. This would be the perfect VIP gift. The heck with pens, cups and caps, make tears come to my eyes. I got to leave now .................. Got the tears just thinking about it.

I wish we could trade in the gift for a couple of free drink coupons

• 2 months later...
I like that Tervis Carnival coffee cup!!! Use it often!! Wonder if we will get those coasters in April? LOL!!!!

Well look who it is!!! How are you? When are you cruising in April??? I'm sailing this Saturday on the Paradise and think often how fun it would be if you, Summer, JT and Sara would be on with me! and of course that "gold" guy!!!

On Elation April 3-8 got night light, tried to exchange at Guest Services and they had stationary but already had them like night light. I took my chocolate covered strawberries up on Lido and found a family at lunch and offered them and they were excited to have them as I don't do chocolate and hate to just throw them away.

No, nothing is given for a milestone. Your milestone ( 25 cruises ? ) will be noted on your S&S and if you are not already Diamond, your card will be white.

Other than that, most of us did not receive any acknowledgement on board for achieving the milestone.