Packing List for new cruisers and old!!!

The only thing different about a cruise vacation is that the cruise line requires certain documents to get on the ship. Make sure you have them.

Then money or credit cards and prescription medicine and some clothes and personal hygiene items.

Two bathing suits since they don't dry quickly.

And don't forget to put your cell phone in airplane mode.

Everything else is both optional and obtainable. Some of the packing lists I have read leave me in absolute wonder.

There are things on those lists I would never take, but I'm also sure my itemized packing list for carry-on only 26-day transAtlantic/Mediterranean would leave some people in wonder!

A long cruise is not exactly like any other vacation, not for example like a 2-week living-out-of-your-suitcase bus tour.

OTOH, that long cruise did change how I pack for land-based trips. I now take a whole lot more just-in-case medical items, even though as carry-on travellers we had to give up other things such as clothing to do so.

It is nice that my Samsung Note3 takes the place of SO many other items. Love technology.

The only thing different about a cruise vacation is that the cruise line requires certain documents to get on the ship. Make sure you have them.

Then money or credit cards and prescription medicine and some clothes and personal hygiene items.

Two bathing suits since they don't dry quickly.

And don't forget to put your cell phone in airplane mode.

Everything else is both optional and obtainable. Some of the packing lists I have read leave me in absolute wonder.

Us too.

Wonder how many bags they need.

There are things on those lists I would never take, but I'm also sure my itemized packing list for carry-on only 26-day transAtlantic/Mediterranean would leave some people in wonder!

A long cruise is not exactly like any other vacation, not for example like a 2-week living-out-of-your-suitcase bus tour.

OTOH, that long cruise did change how I pack for land-based trips. I now take a whole lot more just-in-case medical items, even though as carry-on travellers we had to give up other things such as clothing to do so.

It is nice that my Samsung Note3 takes the place of SO many other items. Love technology.

Did 34 days, last year, no list for either of us.

Documents

Clothes

Medications

Toiletries

Camera gear

IPads