Luggage Valet is back on the Eclipse!!!!

chamima

I guess I'm used to Delta where luggage is scanned every step of the way. This is probably one of the things Southwest saves money on to keep their fares low, but it isn't very helpful in cases like yours. I hope your bag shows up soon but at this stage there's no way of pinpointing who's at fault.

I have asked this question to SouthWest and was told it is only scanned when the tag is issued.

In my case it was scanned by Celebrity since they were the one who issued the tags. Seems odd they wouldn't scan it at the airport but they said they don't. They don't scan them at the final destination , simply throw it off the plane than onto luggage claim. IF luggage is unclaimed then it is scanned. Seems odd but they said it would take too much time to scan each time it is handled.

Yes, it certainly does seem strange and it is certainly different than than the AA process.

I really do not think Celebrity scanned anything. Perhaps SW meant that Celebrity printed the tags or that the Luggage Valet vendors scans the tags? I also wonder if SW just records when they print the tag and does not use scanning technology. If that is the case, it is really strange and unusual. It doesn't really sound like SW.

Hopefully you will get your bag.

If SW does not really scan bag tags they seem like an odd choice for the Luggage Valet program.

Good luck.

I guess I'm used to Delta where luggage is scanned every step of the way. This is probably one of the things Southwest saves money on to keep their fares low, but it isn't very helpful in cases like yours. I hope your bag shows up soon but at this stage there's no way of pinpointing who's at fault.

My cousin is a baggage handler for Delta at COV ( Greater Cincinnati ) , I asked him about

the scans he said it is only scanned at the Sky Cap or at the check in counter and is not scanned until it reaches final destination "If Needed"

That all being said Royal Caribbean called today saying they have a suit case with no tags and it was sent to them because it had a Royal Caribbean Diamond Plus tag with my name address etc. I told them I used the Celebrity Luggage Valet program and my case never showed up. they asked if I would tell them what it looked like I said one word "ORANGE" he said thats it and they are sending home Fed Ex. 6 hours after my talk SouthWest called and said there was almost no hope in finding my suit case at this point and to put a list together with what I am missing I later called back telling them it had been found

Glad your luggage was found!

Me too !

Other than tags only thing missing was the lock. I don't know if TSA cut it but it was a TSA lock and they didn't put the little notice inside if they did open it. But maybe they no longer do that

Me too !

Other than tags only thing missing was the lock. I don't know if TSA cut it but it was a TSA lock and they didn't put the little notice inside if they did open it. But maybe they no longer do that

They put my TSA lock inside my luggage but they broke the lock. No notice either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Me too !

Locks missing, not luggage, also happens to me on my flights not even coming from a cruise. Maybe not by TSA.

Someone currently on the Eclipse is reporting that Luggage Valet is back!!! :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2388825

Yes, BUT you need to sign up several days before disembarkation, AND on our cruise it was never announced. By the time the disembarkation materials were delivered to our cabin IT WAS TOO LATE!!

Yes, BUT you need to sign up several days before disembarkation, AND on our cruise it was never announced. By the time the disembarkation materials were delivered to our cabin IT WAS TOO LATE!!

Just back from the Eclipse.

It was never announced on our cruise either.

About 5 days into the cruise I went down to guest services and asked for the form and filled it out.

One of the reasons given for it's discontinuation last time was lack of use.

If no one knows it's available how are they supposed to sign up for it?

:confused:?????????:(