Luggage Valet is back on the Eclipse!!!!

chamima

Luggage valet back on silhouette starting this cruise

Apparently there were security issues with passengers packing prohibited items.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's one reason I haven't heard b4. Where did you hear that? (Not disputing, just curious). Thanks

Luggage valet back on silhouette starting this cruise

Apparently there were security issues with passengers packing prohibited items.

Luggage Valet is for traveling home - what would be an example of a prohibited item?

If people were putting the following items in their checked baggage that they then wanted Luggage Valet to deal with, that wouldn't work:

"Federal law prohibits hazardous materials from being included in either checked or carry-on baggage. Items such as explosives, compressed gases, oxidizers, corrosives, flammable liquids and solids, loaded firearms, radioactive materials and poisons are considered hazardous.

Some common examples of prohibited items include paints, mace/tear gas, lighter fluid, oxygen bottles and fireworks."

If people were putting the following items in their checked baggage that they then wanted Luggage Valet to deal with, that wouldn't work:

"Federal law prohibits hazardous materials from being included in either checked or carry-on baggage. Items such as explosives, compressed gases, oxidizers, corrosives, flammable liquids and solids, loaded firearms, radioactive materials and poisons are considered hazardous.

Some common examples of prohibited items include paints, mace/tear gas, lighter fluid, oxygen bottles and fireworks."

That is common sense and also from the TSA website. I was referring to the poster who mentioned that "apparently there were security issues with passengers packing prohibited items." Since luggage valet deals with checking your luggage through to your flight home, I was wondering what the items might be that were prohibited since presumably the passengers flew to the cruise port, and were on the ship with luggage that had been thoroughly screened in both places. It surprised me that was an issue, although I guess in these crazy times there is no such thing as too much caution.

That's one reason I haven't heard b4. Where did you hear that? (Not disputing, just curious). Thanks

From the Michaels club concierge

I believe there may be some language now that celebrity cannot guarantee that your luggage will reach its destination-- sole discretion of tsa

Who knows what people pack!!

Other cruise lines have been using Luggage Valet uninterrupted for years.

Celebrity has used many "reasons" for stopping it and I personally think this was just another excuse.

Seems ridiculous to bother now if they've reinstated it to bother to keep making excuses.

Other cruise lines have been using Luggage Valet uninterrupted for years.

Celebrity has used many "reasons" for stopping it and I personally think this was just another excuse.

Seems ridiculous to bother now if they've reinstated it to bother to keep making excuses.

Absolutely agree with you!! No other cruiseline has the the "problems" Celebrity claims they have. IMHO, it's all excuses because they don't want to be bothered with the service. Celebrity never made a public statement it was discontinued and they have not confirmed it is back on any or all ships. It's a hit and miss if your sailing has it.

New name---"airline check in at sea"

Here are the forms from Eclipse January 2017

Thanks.

Is there any way you can post larger images.

When I enlarge what you posted they become too blurry to read.

Thanks!

I wish I knew how to post large images. I see them here on Cruise Critic all the time, I just don't know how it's done! I'm on an iphone. Maybe someone here can tell me what to do to get big photos in a post.

I don't know either. :o

If I'm on my computer I can copy "image info" and then put it in the little mountain image at the top of the Reply to Thread form but don't know how that works from a phone.

alliecruiser - it depends where your ship ports.

If you're asking about the Eclipse, she ports in Miami, so for a flight out of FLL the time last year was for flights after 2:00.

For flights out of the port city (in this case Miami) the time last year was 11:30.

I will post the new information sheet as soon as I have it so we all know for sure.

Very anxious to hear verified information. We fly out of FLL and have used luggage valet and LOVED IT!!! Our flight in March is at 12 20 and (fingers crossed) we want to use it...we alway fly out of FLL and I would almost swear cut off was noon for either...I don't believe we have ever had a flight after 2pm

I'm very anxious to hear...make a big difference in how I pack and post cruise plans...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very anxious to hear verified information. We fly out of FLL and have used luggage valet and LOVED IT!!! Our flight in March is at 12 20 and (fingers crossed) we want to use it...we alway fly out of FLL and I would almost swear cut off was noon for either...I don't believe we have ever had a flight after 2pm

I'm very anxious to hear...make a big difference in how I pack and post cruise plans...

Did you see post #34?

Yes, but alas... I cannot read it[emoji13] Does it give a time for flights out of FLL???? Is after 2pm correct???

I'm having trouble reading it also but I think that's what it says.

Hopefully someone will figure out how to post a larger picture soon.

I don't think those images are any better but here's some info.

This is for Eclipse sailing out of Miami.

Miami airport AA, Delta domestic only, JetBlue, united, US airways

11:30 or later

Fort Lauderdale airport same airlines plus Southwest

2:00 pm or later

International and domestic except on Delta which is domestic only

$25 per guest plus any applicable airline fees

Thank you SO MUCH for trying!!!!

A friend who travels Solo asked if there were a maximum number of bags per person. (If it's per cabin she's ok - she's thinking of taking 3 bags).

I'm so happy this program is back on. Anyone who doesn't use it will realize their mistake when they get to the airport and have to stand in that LONG baggage check-in line!!!