Luggage Valet is back on the Eclipse!!!!

chamima

Are you sailing from Miami but flying out of FLL, or sailing out of Fort Lauderdale and flying out of FLL? What has been shown so far is only for those in the first situation

We are sailing and flying out of FLL. Hoping that the earlier time is still for FLL. 4 weeks from today is sailaway!

Loved using the luggage valet service. Noticed this time the sign up for FLL is now 2pm. It use to be 12noon. We are taking earlier flights this cruise so will not be able to use it this time.:(:(

We are sailing and flying out of FLL. Hoping that the earlier time is still for FLL. 4 weeks from today is sailaway!

The times are for the port you are sailing out of.

Fort Lauderdale Port to Fort Lauderdale Airport is 11:30.

Fort Lauderdale Port to Miami Airport is 2:00.

(Conversely Miami Port to Miami Airport is 11:30 and

Miami Port to Fort Lauderdale Airport is 2:00 )

You should be fine.

Date on this is 2016. I called X today and was assured it is NOT back and there are no plans to "pilot" it or bring it back.

Sorry!

Whoever you talked to at Celebrity is incorrect depending on the definition. It is alive and well on the Eclipse for the current cruise.

Date on this is 2016. I called X today and was assured it is NOT back and there are no plans to "pilot" it or bring it back.

Sorry!

Please read post #57 on this thread. It was placed by Celebrity and clearly states that it is back in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Seattle. I believe that once you do you will realize that whoever you spoke with at Celebrity today was uninformed, as is often the case. It is most definitely back.

Luggage Valet is a departure service option that streamlines the seaport-to-airport process. Luggage Valet is offered at a minimal fee, plus the airline luggage fees.

In 2016, due to the Living Wage Ordinance in Ft. Lauderdale and Seattle, we were forced to discontinue Luggage Valet onboard Celebrity Cruises. However, we are happy to announce that an agreement has been reached with the vendor which will allow us to re-launch the program across all vessels debarking in FLL, MIA and SEA.

Other criteria for eligibility:

• You must be flying on the entirety of the journey with the same air carrier.
  • Your flight needs to be the same day of ship’s arrival.

The per person fee is waived for guests staying in Celebrity Suites and above (Sky Suites NOT included). Any applicable airline baggage fees will still be collected.

This service can only be purchased onboard the ship.

Guests who participate can check their luggage and receive their airline boarding passes and baggage claim checks before leaving the ship. When they arrive at the airport, they can avoid check-in lines at the airport and proceed directly to the security checkpoint. Luggage Valet is ideal for guests who wish to simplify their transition from one of our ships to the airport. It’s also an easy way for guests who have a late flight to spend the day enjoying a land-based tour or shopping, with only the luggage they plan to carry onto the plane later.

Note: Guests do not have to use our transfers in order to participate in the program, however, their flight must NOT be earlier than the earliest flight time listed for our transfers. For example, if our transfer specifies that the earliest flight time is 11:30 AM, then the guest's flight must be at 11:30 AM or later. It cannot be earlier due to the time needed for the luggage to be inspected by Customs and Border Protection, tagged and transported to the airport for check-in.

Cost: Luggage Valet fee is $25 per person.

Celebrity Cruises will re-launch the Luggage Valet program in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale on the following ships/saildates:

• Celebrity Eclipse 1/8/17
  • Celebrity Equinox 1/20/17
  • Celebrity Reflection 1/21/17 - soft launch, pending delivery of additional valet tag inventory
  • Celebrity Silhouette 1/22/17

Airline baggage fees are applicable and will be collected onboard. These fees will be added on to the guests' SeaPass accounts.

The airlines have exemption rules for certain guests. This is different for each airline, and those guests that qualify will be exempt from the baggage fees. They will only pay the $25 p/p service fee for using the Luggage Valet program.

We disembarked theEqinox on January 30th and luggage valet was not being offered.

Sorry!

Well, I guess you must be on the wrong line! We're about finished on our Jan.22 Eclipse trip & we're all signed up & gotten the labels.

Lesson to be learned - if you want accurate info DO NOT call Celebrity - post a question on CC.

Counter-intuitive - I know.

chamima - while I don't disagree with your statement, it does depend on who is providing the answer. I read all the posts that people make and give higher value to those posters that I trust what they say. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
I don't think those images are any better but here's some info.

Fort Lauderdale airport same airlines plus Southwest

2:00 pm or later

International and domestic except on Delta which is domestic only

$25 per guest plus any applicable airline fees

I used it at FLL on a 11:55am SouthWest flight to oHIo 3 of our 4 bags made it

You only included 3, or something happened with the other bag?

Planning to use it on SW next month.

Bag #4 is missing in action.

SouthWest doesn't think it ever got to them to lose.

Just off Eclipse on Sunday and used the Valet service. My bag had been searched, probably done at the pier before the valet service took it to the airport. The lock and strap had been removed but was placed inside the suitcase. It then went to Toronto without a lock but fortunately nothing was missing. My husband's new luggage had a big tear on the side. Who knows if it was done by the crew the night before, the valet service or the airline. The new luggage is now history. Think we will do walk off in October.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bag #4 is missing in action.

SouthWest doesn't think it ever got to them to lose.

Wow, sorry about that. Didn't expect it can happen. Delay maybe but not lost.

I may have to reconsider. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Southwest "doesn't think it ever got to them"? I don't understand. It's either in their computer tracking system or it isn't !

I have asked this question to SouthWest and was told it is only scanned when the tag is issued.

In my case it was scanned by Celebrity since they were the one who issued the tags. Seems odd they wouldn't scan it at the airport but they said they don't. They don't scan them at the final destination , simply throw it off the plane than onto luggage claim. IF luggage is unclaimed then it is scanned. Seems odd but they said it would take too much time to scan each time it is handled.