Loyalty credit

Queenmum

Thanks for the explanation. I'll make sure to book my cruises individually to get the maximum amount. ;)

It isn't that simple! I saved over $2000 per person booking a 29 day Logical cruise rather than booking a 7 day and a 22 day individual cruises. Lost out on one $50 Loyalty Credit and FCC (x 2 passengers) and Shareholder Credit but saved over $4000 on cruise fare.

AE_Collector

It isn't that simple! I saved over $2000 per person booking a 29 day Logical cruise rather than booking a 7 day and a 22 day individual cruises. Lost out on one $50 Loyalty Credit and FCC (x 2 passengers) and Shareholder Credit but saved over $4000 on cruise fare.

AE_Collector

I can see in that case it wouldn't pay. I'll have to check all angles before booking.

Thanks.

Happy for what they do give because no other cruise line that I know of gives this perk:D

Closest would be Carnival's Milestone Credit.

25% given as OBC after your 25th cruise (your choice, used mine for HI, my 28th). The percentage is taken off the full fare, both commissionable and non-com.

50% for your 50th cruise

75% for your 75th cruise

Full fare back as OBC for your 100th.

Fully refundable.

25% given as OBC after your 25th cruise (your choice, used mine for HI, my 28th). The percentage is taken off the full fare, both commissionable and non-com.

50% for your 50th cruise

75% for your 75th cruise

Fully refundable.

That far surpasses Princess by a long shot even adding up the amounts given for each cruise.

50% for your 50th cruise

75% for your 75th cruise

Fully refundable.

That is an attractive incentive!

On Logical Cruises (a single cruise booking that is comprised of two or more shorter length cruises) you only get the Captains Circle Loyalty $ Credit once per booking, not like the Elite minibar that replenishes once per individually bookable cruise.

Since about 2014 the Captains Circle department has been automatically giving cruise credits (not the CC Loyalty $ credit) based on the shortest individually bookable cruises without regard for how you booked the cruise(s). It shows in your cruise history as "2" (or more) credits. BUT, I am booked on a 29 day Logical next month and it is only showing 1 credit which has me worried that they have changed back to the way they used to give credits. Will ask more questions once onboard. 29 Days is a long cruise for just ONE Cruise Credit!

Why wait?

I would contact Captain's Circle department at Princess now to get it straightened out.

On Logical Cruises (a single cruise booking that is comprised of two or more shorter length cruises) you only get the Captains Circle Loyalty $ Credit once per booking, not like the Elite minibar that replenishes once per individually bookable cruise.

Since about 2014 the Captains Circle department has been automatically giving cruise credits (not the CC Loyalty $ credit) based on the shortest individually bookable cruises without regard for how you booked the cruise(s). It shows in your cruise history as "2" (or more) credits. BUT, I am booked on a 29 day Logical next month and it is only showing 1 credit which has me worried that they have changed back to the way they used to give credits. Will ask more questions once onboard. 29 Days is a long cruise for just ONE Cruise Credit

(not the CC Loyalty $ credit)?? Is this a Credit Card Loyalty OR Cruise Critic Loyalty you are talking about? Thanks :cool:

If passengers have different last names you'll each get the credit. Those with the same last name get hosed and only one credit.

My other half and I are married, but still use different last names. We both get credits on our individual accounts.

Same here, we also get two invitations to the Captain's Circle Party. We do tell the Room Steward that we are legally married though, I just kept my name that I was using professionally.

Since about 2014 the Captains Circle department has been automatically giving cruise credits (not the CC Loyalty $ credit) based on the shortest individually bookable cruises without regard for how you booked the cruise(s). It shows in your cruise history as "2" (or more) credits. BUT, I am booked on a 29 day Logical next month and it is only showing 1 credit which has me worried that they have changed back to the way they used to give credits. Will ask more questions once onboard. 29 Days is a long cruise for just ONE Cruise Credit

Talk to the Captain's Circle person when on board. He/she will fix it for you.

(not the CC Loyalty $ credit)?? Is this a Credit Card Loyalty OR Cruise Critic Loyalty you are talking about? Thanks :cool:

I am not completely certain what you are asking yamanid.

I am referring here to the "cruise credits" that Princess awards for each cruise you do with them. These credits are what determine the level you are at with Princess, Gold, Ruby, Platinum or Elite. These same credits are what they look at to award the $25, $50, $75 & $100 Captains Circle loyalty OBC.

AE_Collector

Why wait?

I would contact Captain's Circle department at Princess now to get it straightened out.

Actually I did call. I was told that "yes it looks as though it should be two credits". Then put on hold while they contacted someone, likely the Captains Circle department. The reply was that "it will change once we are onboard or once completed". That sounds odd to me, it hasn't been working that way since 2014. The two credits have been showing the moment the cruise is booked ever since about 2014 until now. I didn't want to push/argue too much in case I ultimately get bad news. The way it stands now is it should turn into 2 credits ultimately.

Would be interesting to see if others with "Logicals" booked at the moment are seeing two (or more) credits on "future" cruises.

AE_Collector

This is the problem with posters using abbreviations. Depending on the topic being discussed, "CC" can mean Cruise Critic or Captains' Circle or Credit Card. Adding to the confusion is the use of abbreviations for the names of the Princess ships instead of spelling it out in full.

Would be interesting to see if others with "Logicals" booked at the moment are seeing two (or more) credits on "future" cruises.

AE_Collector

AE, we did a 'logical' B2B in the Caribbean (on the Caribbean) in January, It was booked and sold as one cruise number, and we got 2 cruise credits each for the cruise.

I am not completely certain what you are asking yamanid.

I am referring here to the "cruise credits" that Princess awards for each cruise you do with them. These credits are what determine the level you are at with Princess, Gold, Ruby, Platinum or Elite. These same credits are what they look at to award the $25, $50, $75 & $100 Captains Circle loyalty OBC.

AE_Collector

LOL I was getting a bit confused but then realised that it was the extra $100 we get from Captains Circle, sorry to have troubled you Thanks :cool:

• 10 months later...
Actually I did call. I was told that "yes it looks as though it should be two credits". Then put on hold while they contacted someone, likely the Captains Circle department. The reply was that "it will change once we are onboard or once completed". That sounds odd to me, it hasn't been working that way since 2014. The two credits have been showing the moment the cruise is booked ever since about 2014 until now. I didn't want to push/argue too much in case I ultimately get bad news. The way it stands now is it should turn into 2 credits ultimately.

AE_Collector

That is exactly what I'm encountering for an upcoming cruise. Same song and dance. I've never seen it stuck this way where I'm only getting 1 credit for cruising solo. Today's excuse is that it's because my cabin "is a Guarantee and not confirmed yet". What?! It's paid for in full and has been confirmed for months. Every time I call, I get a different answer.

I think our best bet is just to wait until the cruise is completed and then request that they fix their mistake. OR, talk with the Captain's Circle Host while onboard. What a pain!