Yippee!!!!luggage valet is back!!!!

Luvcrusn

Wow that sounds great but I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

We are flying from San Diego to Ft Myers in First Class on Delta. We used FF points for those tickets and it allows us 2 Free Bags each. How do they know (Luggage Valet or Delta) - to not charge us outside of the $25.00? Don't want to insult anyone but sometimes Delta isn't on top of things.

Also we have a tight connection in Atlanta (thanks to Delta changing the schedule) - normally our bags being in First Class would be tagged "Priority". We gives us a little peace of mind - will Luggage Valet make sure that happens?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I can only speak to the old Luggage Valet System.

Luggage Valet didn't know and charged you there fee plus Delta's fee regardless. Never got priority tags.

Not worth in IMHO if you have status or seats that get free / no luggage fees on Delta.

Don't set your luggage out, walk off the ship with it your self. Use the on-bard internet to check in online and use the Sky Priority lanes / sky hops at the airport to drop your luggage for fee.

The tight connection, no big deal. Often times my luggage has made it to my destination on my originally scheduled flight where as I did not.

Last June when we booked with Choice Air and asked what time we needed to book in order to use luggage valet (disembarking in Miami and flying from Miami) they told us 2:00 PM. (It had already been discontinued by they didn't know or didn't tell us). We booked the first flight after. I'm assuming it'll be similar since FLL isn't all that far.

Luggage Valet didn't know and charged you there fee plus Delta's fee regardless. Never got priority tags.

Not worth in IMHO if you have status or seats that get free / no luggage fees on Delta.

Don't set your luggage out, walk off the ship with it your self. Use the on-bard internet to check in online and use the Sky Priority lanes / sky hops at the airport to drop your luggage for fee.

The tight connection, no big deal. Often times my luggage has made it to my destination on my originally scheduled flight where as I did not.

How long ago did you use the service?

Before it was cancelled the form had a place to put in the information if you are not required to pay for luggage. My experience was with AA and not Delta.

How long ago did you use the service?

Before it was cancelled the form had a place to put in the information if you are not required to pay for luggage. My experience was with AA and not Delta.

Used it last year with Delta.

We were entitled to 2 free pieces. We had three.

We wrote all of that on the form and were charged only for the one extra piece!

The year before (or maybe more than that) we WERE charged for the two free pieces (this was on Princess) and a quick call to them resulted in us getting an offer of a refund of the $50 OR a $50/pp credit towards our next cruise. (I love having an incentive to book another cruise. :p )

It used to be:

If you ported in FLL and were flying from FLL the flight had to be after 11:30 am and if you were flying from MIA after 2:00 pm.

If you ported in MIA and were flying from MIA the flight had to be after 11:30 am and if you were flying from FLL after 2:00 pm.

The following was just posted on another thread:

Currently on the eclipse and just received the form. Available when we arrive in Miami for Miami and Fort Lauderdale airports for American, Delta (domestic only), jet blue. United, US, and Southwest for our return on the 22nd!!!!!

We will be flying to ORD after arriving in San Juan, PR on American. Is the valet service available for the port of San Juan?

So far details are still sketchy but Canadian airlines were never included in the past and don't seem to be now, either.

Last March we had flights with American Airlines and WestJet flying Miami-Charlotte-Toronto-Halifax (this was the WestJet sector). Luggage Valet worked then; bags went, claimed them in Toronto for customs and dropped them on the connection belt and got them in Halifax....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JasYHZ

All good questions, to which I don't have the answers. Sorry

when you fill out the Luggage Valet form it ask if you have status (or a united CC etc.) with that airline to exempt the airline checked bag fee or if your are flying first class which also exempts the airline checked bag fee or if you are flying Southwest which doesn't have a checked bag fee. Then they ask if you have bags in excess of your exemptions. It worked fine with our United status with 2 bags each up to 70 lbs. so we were only charged $25 each to shipboard account and no checked baggage fees.

The charge was listed on the shipboard account posted outside your door on departure morning so if not charged correctly you can still go to GS line that morning to fix.

It was great not to hassle with bags until we got to our home airport where they arrived just as if we had checked them (and we did have the airline luggage checked receipts along with our ship printed boarding passes) in case we needed the airline to find any missing luggage.

Edited by Lafayette Cruiser