Suite booking question

canusa

We are planning an Australian cruise in 2018. The cruise we are interested in is not on sale right now but we would like to book to secure a suite. My question is, If a sale comes up later can we switch our booking to the sale and keep the same suite? Thanks.

You may have to make sure there is an alternative suite available and let them know if they say no to keeping the suite you have then you'll take the alternative and once booked, cancel it so you can get the original one. Had to do it once

And keep things realistic - many times there are not price drops on suites as they want to retain the price integrity of suites. It certainly can happen but I wouldn't count on it.

But as the prior poster stated if you book early you've got your suite and if the price does go down you can likely get that, too.

And keep things realistic - many times there are not price drops on suites as they want to retain the price integrity of suites. It certainly can happen but I wouldn't count on it.

But as the prior poster stated if you book early you've got your suite and if the price does go down you can likely get that, too.

I agree its very rare.

There is no reason to discount a suite.

You can do this to either get a price reduction or a promotion like Sip and Sale. But as dbeckett stated, another suite in your category must be available for you to do it. That is unless you switch TAs and the moment the first one releases your original cabin, the second TA grabs it. It's tricky but it can be done.