Kids on Celebrity

jimdicap

We will be sailing on the reflection on March 11. I will be sure to post a review of what my kids thought of the cruise here. They are 8 and 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would love to hear about your experience and any suggestion you have when you return. We are cruising X on Reflection for the first time on March 26th - given it is Spring Break I figure we will not be the only ones with kids. This will be our kiddos (ages 6, 8, 10) 4th overall cruise. We cruise with my parents (68 & 70) and my dad has been wanting to try X for a longtime, as he is losing his interest in RCCL. We book three balcony staterooms all in a row (with one set be adjoining so our kids have a cabin and we have a cabin - we started doing this on cruise 2 and it COMPLETELY changed the experience for us in a good way b/c the kids have their own space and we have ours)

Historically my family leans towards RCCL, but when we first cruised with our kids (ages 3,5, & 7) we picked Disney b/c we thought they would love it b/c of the characters, etc. Frankly, it just wasn't for us. I know there are many who love Disney (even adults with no kids) but it was lack luster for us (and my dad hated it) and my kids did not like the kids club at all. Our next two cruises were on RCCL. My kids liked the Kids Club much better b/c it was there were more organized activities and although there were a lot of kids on our ship it wasn't "overwhelming". In my reading about X, I think my kids will like the structure of their kids club and we are considering doing the VIP thing, if nothing else b/c they will love the tours.

We are cruising again in June (with my parents & my sister and her 3 kiddos - Thanks dad for the generous Christmas present) on RCCL so it will be a good to compare our experiences so close together.

Thanks everyone for the feedback (I was the OP). We decided to go MSC Seaside instead, but clearly based off everyone's feedback, I would feel comfortable going on Celebrity.

Thanks again--this is why I love CC!

I have been researching and considering if MSC would be a good fit for our family in the future - would love to hear what you think of the kids programs once you return.

I have been researching and considering if MSC would be a good fit for our family in the future - would love to hear what you think of the kids programs once you return.

Me, too! If I'm looking at this the right way, we can get a 2-bedroom suite with OBC and a drink package for less than $4000. What's the catch? I know there has to be. ;)

I would love to hear about your experience and any suggestion you have when you return. We are cruising X on Reflection for the first time on March 26th - given it is Spring Break I figure we will not be the only ones with kids. This will be our kiddos (ages 6, 8, 10) 4th overall cruise. We cruise with my parents (68 & 70) and my dad has been wanting to try X for a longtime, as he is losing his interest in RCCL. We book three balcony staterooms all in a row (with one set be adjoining so our kids have a cabin and we have a cabin - we started doing this on cruise 2 and it COMPLETELY changed the experience for us in a good way b/c the kids have their own space and we have ours)

Historically my family leans towards RCCL, but when we first cruised with our kids (ages 3,5, & 7) we picked Disney b/c we thought they would love it b/c of the characters, etc. Frankly, it just wasn't for us. I know there are many who love Disney (even adults with no kids) but it was lack luster for us (and my dad hated it) and my kids did not like the kids club at all. Our next two cruises were on RCCL. My kids liked the Kids Club much better b/c it was there were more organized activities and although there were a lot of kids on our ship it wasn't "overwhelming". In my reading about X, I think my kids will like the structure of their kids club and we are considering doing the VIP thing, if nothing else b/c they will love the tours.

We are cruising again in June (with my parents & my sister and her 3 kiddos - Thanks dad for the generous Christmas present) on RCCL so it will be a good to compare our experiences so close together.

We sail on the 4/2 on Eclipse with our grandson (5) would be interested on your thoughts for the VIP thing. We've considered it but not sure if he'll go enough to get value for money. Hearing from a parent who's done it will help his parents decide.

Thanks.

Me, too! If I'm looking at this the right way, we can get a 2-bedroom suite with OBC and a drink package for less than $4000. What's the catch? I know there has to be. ;)

I hear once on board MSC they nickel and dime u for every little kid thing which adds up to several hundred dollars over a week...I had asked my TA about MSC

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

We sail on the 4/2 on Eclipse with our grandson (5) would be interested on your thoughts for the VIP thing. We've considered it but not sure if he'll go enough to get value for money. Hearing from a parent who's done it will help his parents decide.

Thanks.

I wouldn't bother , not unless you really don't want to spend any time with the kids whatsoever , it's worth just paying the extra supplement on occasion if you fancy a later evening alone , or if you want them to stay for lunch . the Vip supplement is quite steep , and we personally don't think

It's worthwhile .

I hear once on board MSC they nickel and dime u for every little kid thing which adds up to several hundred dollars over a week...I had asked my TA about MSC

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

That's good to know. I just checked and the suite is gone. I won't be disappointed about it

I wouldn't bother , not unless you really don't want to spend any time with the kids whatsoever , it's worth just paying the extra supplement on occasion if you fancy a later evening alone , oxr if you want them to stay for lunch . the Vip supplement is quite steep , and we personally don't think

It's worthwhile .

Thanks for this. We thought we wouldn't get our money's worth but others said they get extras as well as the lunches. He may not go every day. All depends on the children and staff in there. It will be his decision.

Will do. I may do a mini review of our cruise while it's on going as I have an internet package. Send me an email to remind me if You have any questions My address is in my profile.

Thanks for this. We thought we wouldn't get our money's worth but others said they get extras as well as the lunches. He may not go every day. All depends on the children and staff in there. It will be his decision.

Yes I'd play it by ear , there are a few other ' VIP ' things going on , but as the majority of kids won't be , they may not want to participate .

My daughter is still in contact with the friends she made last year , from all over the world .

They cannot wait for August !!!

Thank you for posting. Some good options there. Think we'll have one happy little man.

My daughter ordered the fillet mignon one night. I would eat it. It was a. Ice size, very tender and cooked perfectly. She ordered it one night in case she didn't like the sauce on the adult beef dish. She ended up liking the adult dish, but it gave our table the chance to try the fillet. It was the only time she ordered off the kids menu, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, even to an adult who might might a smaller but nice cut over say the anytime steak.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My granddaughter is 8 yo and has completed 7 cruises including 2 Carnival, 1 Disney, 1 Princess and 4 Celebrity. She prefers Celebrity above all the others. She likes in dividaul attention and programs. We just took her on a 14 night New Zealand/ Australia Celebrity cruise just before Christmas. There were over 100 kids ages 5-12 in the kids program. She couldn't wait to get up there and looks forward to sailing again. For the record she does not want to sail Disney again. They have a great kids program but it's a zoo of kids. She prefers smaller groups for sure.

My granddaughter is 8 yo and has completed 7 cruises including 2 Carnival, 1 Disney, 1 Princess and 4 Celebrity. She prefers Celebrity above all the others. She likes in dividaul attention and programs. We just took her on a 14 night New Zealand/ Australia Celebrity cruise just before Christmas. There were over 100 kids ages 5-12 in the kids program. She couldn't wait to get up there and looks forward to sailing again. For the record she does not want to sail Disney again. They have a great kids program but it's a zoo of kids. She prefers smaller groups for sure.

My son (10) says the same about DCL, too many kids. It sounds so funny coming from a kid!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My daughter ordered the fillet mignon one night. I would eat it. It was a. Ice size, very tender and cooked perfectly. She ordered it one night in case she didn't like the sauce on the adult beef dish. She ended up liking the adult dish, but it gave our table the chance to try the fillet. It was the only time she ordered off the kids menu, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, even to an adult who might might a smaller but nice cut over say the anytime steak.

My daughter ate filet almost every night !!!

It's a vacation I could t say no !!!

• 2 weeks later...
Will do. I may do a mini review of our cruise while it's on going as I have an internet package. Send me an email to remind me if You have any questions My address is in my profile.

Any quick tips you can give me as we get ready for our trip this weekend? My kids are excited but apprehensive b/c it isn't RCCL and we have told them it will be a little more low key. I am specifically interested in if the kids felt welcome in the pool and if they enjoyed the kids club, etc. I hope you had a wonderful trip!

Any quick tips you can give me as we get ready for our trip this weekend? My kids are excited but apprehensive b/c it isn't RCCL and we have told them it will be a little more low key. I am specifically interested in if the kids felt welcome in the pool and if they enjoyed the kids club, etc. I hope you had a wonderful trip!

Kids were welcome in the pool

The kids club runs in the exact same way as rccl , just not as many kids and a tiny bit lower key . They had a pool party one night in the solarium . They had it all to themselves and they loved it .

Tell the. Not to worry they will have a brilliant time .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Our son and daughter ages 6 and 8 had a great time. They would eagerly run to kids club when it was time to go. They usually went for a few hours in the morning afternoon and evening which was great so we could go to shows or relax. We took them with us when we went to port. The crew in the kids club working were top notch. At times during our cruise there were only 3 or 4 kids in our kids age bracket taking part in the kids club. I never met anyone on board that had and issue with kids being on board. Everyone would talk to them and seemed happy to have some kids on board. We ate at 530 every night and ran the kids to the club at 7 so we could go to the show every night. Enjoy your cruise

• 8 months later...
My 10 yr old would vote for X over DCL. He much preferred X to DCL. He was able experience them back to back last year. He tells me the activities were better planned and executed on X. DCL has a beautiful kid space but found much of the time was simply keeping them in the room to entertain themselves. He much preferred the active planning and participation of the X kids staff.

Also, passengers on X should be aware that at times the "kids running amok" is them participating in scavenger hunts etc. Unlike DCL that keeps them on the kid facility there are activities that move them around to different locations.

My grandson did not like the kids club on Anthem of the Seas.

Very confined. We are trying MSC Seaside next but I love Celebrity and I think he would like the treasure hunts and pirate show that goes to the dining room.

Celebrity is not a good choice for families with young children.

We went on Celebrity with our son last year. He was 5.5 years old. We had a fantastic time. He loved the kids club.... but, he’s loved the Kids club on every cruise we’ve been on. (He’d been on two RCCL and three DCL cruises by the time we did Celebrity). Other passengers were friendly with our son, and the crew members had nice interactions with him. While there was no shallow pool, they did provide life jackets so we still had a blast in the water. We took him to some of the shows, and he enjoyed those too. We took him to multiple specialty dinners, and he was welcomed with open arms. All this being said, he is a good and overall calm kid. He likes talking to and interacting with adults. And we always take a bag of books and other items to keep him occupied at dinner while waiting for food.