Kids on Celebrity

jimdicap

We've had the captain's kids on board over the summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many of the Officers bring their families onboard over the Christmas period, too. You'll find on sailings where usually there are less kids onboard e.g. a Baltics itinerary, X group the kids club ages together.

Our kids have been on all our sailings. We're waiting for the day when they say they don't want to come with us anymore and then we'll try Azamara - can't see it happening too soon though :D. Not while we're still paying :p.

Anyone have any experience taking their kids on a Celebrity ship? I like the idea of trying Celebrity based off my cruising history, but not sure if they are an appropriate like with children (8 and 5). I know the ads they produce etc say kids are appropriate, but I would rather get feedback from those who have done it. Activities, food, any information is great!

Our son & his wife took their son (10) & daughter (7) on an Alaska cruise last August.

The kids loved it. They could go to the Kids Club for hours & be quite entertained. All 6 of us had dinner together only three times the whole week The other nights the grandkids wanted to eat with otter kids.

They had a room where a bunk came down from the ceiling to make a bunk bed for the kids. My son said it was a much better accommodations than most hotel rooms.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

X has awesome childrens programs. My daughter asked if she could skip an excursion in Alaska because she loved the program, the staff and the other children. Can't wait to do the VIP option on our next cruise. And, we were told she will get automatic credit for past cruises when she turns 18.

And, we were told she will get automatic credit for past cruises when she turns 18.

I wouldn't count on the credit being automatic. It would be nice if it were - but we've been consistently told (including by CC hosts) that we need to save seapass cards or other proof that they took the cruises. Maybe we won't need the pile of plastic - but we have it just in case.

My 5 and 6 year old's would be Elite on our next cruise after April.

X has awesome childrens programs. My daughter asked if she could skip an excursion in Alaska because she loved the program, the staff and the other children. Can't wait to do the VIP option on our next cruise. And, we were told she will get automatic credit for past cruises when she turns 18.

Read my post #33 on this thread, basically, computer systems change and things get lost.

Just off the 2 week Carib Eclipse.

Not a kid in sight. No screaming, no running, no crying in dining rooms, no strollers, not a single kid jumping into the pool. It was wonderful

Yes there one was a very winy toddler, around the neck of one woman, who looked like she will rethink her choice next time, leave the kid at home and have a wonderful time.

Can't wait to sail on Equinox in April with our kids! Age 7 and 11.....hoping they enjoy the kids program and their 1st cruise!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Just off the 2 week Carib Eclipse.

Not a kid in sight. No screaming, no running, no crying in dining rooms, no strollers, not a single kid jumping into the pool. It was wonderful Yes there one was a very winy toddler, around the neck of one woman, who looked like she will rethink her choice next time, leave the kid at home and have a wonderful time.

I'm going to score that troll 2 out of 10. All too predictable.

To the OP, as others who have actually travelled with kids have already told you, you'll have a great family vacation. In my mind, a great vacation isn't so much where you travel, it's who you travel with and what you make of it. Enjoy every minute of your family time together. They'll come a time when this won't be possible after all. Enjoy... :)

I brought my DD on her first Celebrity cruise when she was 5 yo. She loved it! She had been on one prior cruise when she was 3 on NCL. I found the children's center well staffed and full of activities. She loved every minute of it. They had so many activities that I actually had to beg her to spend time with us! I still have fond memories of looking down into the atrium and see her and her group march through all dressed up as pirates and singing some piratey song. She loved it so much, that she declared Celebrity as her favorite. Now 19 yo it is still her favorite, so much so that we sail on March 4 on yet another Celebrity cruise.

You didn't mention what date you are sailing on but ,as with all cruises, the amount of kids is very much dependent on whether school is in session . Celebrity has good kids programs but it is not RC or Carnival where there can be hordes of children . I'm betting your kids will have fun regardless .

My 4 and 6 year olds have been on 6 Celebrity cruises so far (7th coming up in April) and absolutely love it. They have a great time at the kids club.

Just as Celebrity isn't the right choice for all adults, it won't be the right choice for all kids either. But those on these boards with kids who've actually sailed Celebrity typically report that their kids love it.

Mike

Please adopt me .:D

I brought my DD on her first Celebrity cruise when she was 5 yo. She loved it! She had been on one prior cruise when she was 3 on NCL. I found the children's center well staffed and full of activities. She loved every minute of it. They had so many activities that I actually had to beg her to spend time with us! I still have fond memories of looking down into the atrium and see her and her group march through all dressed up as pirates and singing some piratey song. She loved it so much, that she declared Celebrity as her favorite. Now 19 yo it is still her favorite, so much so that we sail on March 4 on yet another Celebrity cruise.

SO GREAT TO HEAR!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

DS is 10 and has sailed Disney 4 times, Carnival 2 times, and will be on his 3rd with Celebrity in April. He loves them all for different experiences. He has never been to any of the kids clubs, he prefers spending time with family at the pool, playing games, or just exploring the ship. His only request ever when cruising is we get a balcony room--I think he gets that from me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to score that troll 2 out of 10. All too predictable.

To the OP, as others who have actually travelled with kids have already told you, you'll have a great family vacation. In my mind, a great vacation isn't so much where you travel, it's who you travel with and what you make of it. Enjoy every minute of your family time together. They'll come a time when this won't be possible after all. Enjoy... :)

Mynki, not a troll, he's on here everytime there's a kids thread. If you read his previous threads he believes that Celebrity Ships should be for adults only and I'm being kind. He does post some good things though but not about children.

To all the parents who have sailed Celebrity with the kids, make sure you save the kids sea pass cards. At 18 they can join the Captains Club and get credit for all the under 18 cruises.

Thank you for this! I just assumed Celebrity would be like Royal and issue a number.

Mynki, not a troll, he's on here everytime there's a kids thread. If you read his previous threads he believes that Celebrity Ships should be for adults only and I'm being kind. He does post some good things though but not about children.

Or Bonaire :D

We're taking our grandson (5) on his first cruise in April on the Eclipse. Last year when we were on it I spoke to family's and they were so positive about Celebrity.

If anyone reading this is on the Southern Caribbean Eclipse cruise with children before April could you please post the "shipmates & cadets" dailies? Also has anyone got copies of the children's dinner menus for the MDR that they could share.

Many thanks.

This thread has been very helpful. I have a multi-generational family with a 65 yr old MIL and two girls (6 & 11)

We've cruised Disney & Royal w/the kids. Loved Disney, but for 5 people it is sooooo expensive. RCI is ok, but it's becoming very salesy lately.

My kids are well travelled, as my DH travels for his job and we go along when we can.

Was considering an X cruise but had heard mixed reviews on the kids programs. My 11 year old is very happy go lucky and would probably be perfectly fine being the only kid in the program. My 6 year old doesn't really like going all that much. She'll go one or two nights out of 7, but she'd rather be a "big kid" and be with us.

Seems like X might be the perfect line for our style of cruising.

A specific question - any experience with the Europe itens in the summer? Looking at 8/18 and debating between X, RCI or NCL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This thread has been very helpful. I have a multi-generational family with a 65 yr old MIL and two girls (6 & 11)

We've cruised Disney & Royal w/the kids. Loved Disney, but for 5 people it is sooooo expensive. RCI is ok, but it's becoming very salesy lately.

My kids are well travelled, as my DH travels for his job and we go along when we can.

Was considering an X cruise but had heard mixed reviews on the kids programs. My 11 year old is very happy go lucky and would probably be perfectly fine being the only kid in the program. My 6 year old doesn't really like going all that much. She'll go one or two nights out of 7, but she'd rather be a "big kid" and be with us.

Seems like X might be the perfect line for our style of cruising.

A specific question - any experience with the Europe itens in the summer? Looking at 8/18 and debating between X, RCI or NCL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That date is in the middle of the European summer holiday season for kids, so you'll get more kids on every line you choose than if you sailed in September. Royal will be full of families, can't speak for NCL because we've not cruised with them, however they do regularly offer kids for free places. X do have more kids during the summer season, but not to the degree of Royal. We've completed a few cruises in the Med, both on Royal and X, all with our children as they have sailed on all our cruises (check my signatures for specific areas) ;).

You need to look at the itineraries too - Med cruises can be very port intensive, so plan accordingly. The kids may have certain places they are really interested in seeing, especially your 11 yr old (Greek myths, Pompeii, The Acropolis etc.). We've always tried to find places that they would like to visit too.

Previously, when they were younger, I made journals for them to complete on their cruise. Each day they had to complete a couple of pages with questions of where they had been, favourite place and why, questions specific to the place e.g. how many steps to reach a certain building or count the guards on duty outside a palace etc. I also included ship specific questions and blank pages to adhere coins, photos, guide pamphlets etc., to add to their memories. It did take me a while to construct, but the kids enjoyed filling them in while they waited for dinner each evening - it kept them occupied and was also a great way to keep the memories alive (discussing the day as a family and hearing the differing experiences is also great for bonding). Anyway, just an idea if your youngest is not into the clubs so much :).