Kids on Celebrity

jimdicap

This all started because in post #68 I tried to help you understand in a nice way that there was a history by this poster that goes way back before you were a member of this board. Sorry for trying to help.

You have your universal understanding and others have theirs, a troll could also be someone who comes on a board to dispute everything that someone says whether it is accurate or not.

Don, this will sound snarky, but it's really not meant to be, but you can't have two versions of 'universal understanding'. Google is your friend here.

The posters post inflames a thread covering an emotive subject and causes disruption. This is the true definition of trolling.

However it's really not that important. Away from cruise critic in the real world it is the cruise line who decides if children can sail on some or all of their ships. This leaves your friend with two choices, he accepts that his cruise might be affected by poorly behaved children or he can guarantee a child free trip by sailing on a child free ship.

It's his choice. Parents should pay zero attention to those opposed to kids on celebrity ships because they have made the choice to sail on a family friendly ship.

Don, this will sound snarky, but it's really not meant to be, but you can't have two versions of 'universal understanding'. Google is your friend here.

The posters post inflames a thread covering an emotive subject and causes disruption. This is the true definition of trolling.

However it's really not that important. Away from cruise critic in the real world it is the cruise line who decides if children can sail on some or all of their ships. This leaves your friend with two choices, he accepts that his cruise might be affected by poorly behaved children or he can guarantee a child free trip by sailing on a child free ship.

It's his choice. Parents should pay zero attention to those opposed to kids on celebrity ships because they have made the choice to sail on a family friendly ship.

It is not snarky however I disagree with you. I was only sticking up for him because I call them as I see them. I have never met him and diagree with him completely but he has brought up some good points on children cruising on Celebrity in the past.

By the way I agree with your comments on the cruise line. I don't expect you to but if you went back on my postings in the past I am probably the biggest consistent fan of children on Celebrity ships and cruising and have been for at least 20 years on this board. Having sailed with my children in the 90s when it was not fashionable to sail Celebrity with kids, I have no complaints and neither did my kids.

It is not snarky however I disagree with you. I was only sticking up for him because I call them as I see them. I have never met him and diagree with him completely but he has brought up some good points on children cruising on Celebrity in the past.

By the way I agree with your comments on the cruise line. I don't expect you to but if you went back on my postings in the past I am probably the biggest consistent fan of children on Celebrity ships and cruising and have been for at least 20 years on this board. Having sailed with my children in the 90s when it was not fashionable to sail Celebrity with kids, I have no complaints and neither did my kids.

I've no doubt that there are legitimate concerns about children on board. There is no reason why people shouldn't post valid concerns and queries etc. But posting on a thread where a parent is asking for help is trolling in my book.

No reason to disbelieve anything you say. I'm pleased you've been fortunate enough to experience such great family vacations. Giving your children great holiday experiences is one of the best things a parent can do IMHO.

I've no doubt that there are legitimate concerns about children on board. There is no reason why people shouldn't post valid concerns and queries etc. But posting on a thread where a parent is asking for help is trolling in my book.

No reason to disbelieve anything you say. I'm pleased you've been fortunate enough to experience such great family vacations. Giving your children great holiday experiences is one of the best things a parent can do IMHO.

Again, my only purpose was to let you know there was a history, sorry it got stuck on one word which I respectfully disagree with you on. . By the way, there are others so be prepared and it used to be much worse.

Again, my only purpose was to let you know there was a history, sorry it got stuck on one word which I respectfully disagree with you on. . By the way, there are others so be prepared and it used to be much worse.

If we're ever on the same sailing give me a shout and I'll buy you a beer. Face to face communication is so much better than black and white forum posts. I'm sure we'd have lots to discuss!

If we're ever on the same sailing give me a shout and I'll buy you a beer. Face to face communication is so much better than black and white forum posts. I'm sure we'd have lots to discuss!

I agree, have to tell you something funny about buying someone a drink. With everyone having a drink package it's hard to do. On my last cruise another frequent poster and I "bought" drinks for a woman who had saved us several hundred dollars on our AQ cabins. Awkward with the drink package but I'll take a beer anytime. Thanks

We're taking our grandson (5) on his first cruise in April on the Eclipse. Last year when we were on it I spoke to family's and they were so positive about Celebrity.

If anyone reading this is on the Southern Caribbean Eclipse cruise with children before April could you please post the "shipmates & cadets" dailies? Also has anyone got copies of the children's dinner menus for the MDR that they could share.

Many thanks.

I'll have to see if I have any photos of these. I don't think they change much. I remember chicken tenders, steak, mac n cheese, spaghetti.... but don't feel like the kids need to order just from that menu. Just like the rest of us, they are able to try anything from the kids or adults menus.

A few pages back a poster mentioned the Kids' Talent Show. DH & I really enjoy attending these when offered on some of our longer cruises and it's not our kids or grandkids participating! I love how the staff works hard to encourage participation by the kids regardless of their skill level.

We have seen children aboard on scavenger hunts having a great time as well as attending some of the shows as a group.

We enjoy seeing their joy!

I'll have to see if I have any photos of these. I don't think they change much. I remember chicken tenders, steak, mac n cheese, spaghetti.... but don't feel like the kids need to order just from that menu. Just like the rest of us, they are able to try anything from the kids or adults menus.

Thank you for this information. Anything you have will gratefully be received.

They've slightly improved the kids menu in the MDR. IIRC there were some healthy and more varied options like grilled chicken, pasta bolognese, etc. and appetizers like crudités with hummus, fruit, etc.

As for kids activities, they have a variety. There is always a pirate themed evening, a super hero evening, etc. One night they had a pajama party, which is new. During the day there are various themed activities plus basic arts/crafts, floor games, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My kids adore celebrity , they are 7 and 10

We are going this year for a two week Baltic , did Norway last year . the kids club is run exactly the same as RCCL just less busy , great pools and entertainment . It's their favourite vacation .

We switched back to X as RCCL getting too busy and kids clubs were very full

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are going this year for a two week Baltic , did Norway last year . the kids club is run exactly the same as RCCL just less busy , great pools and entertainment . It's their favourite vacation .

SO GLAD to hear this. ..taking our 11 and 7 yr olds on their 1st 10 day on Equinox in April! !!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Our kids (14, 11, 7) loved the Baltics this summer. We did a private tour in St. Petersburg so we could tailor time spent in the Hermitage, etc to kids interests. And built in a quest for the best cinnamon rolls. Winner was Meyers Bakery in Copenhagen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're sailing on our first X cruise in 2 weeks. Our daughter is 6. She is well cruised and loves all things cruising. While we haven't done X yet, I'm sure she will love their club.

We've done a variety of Princess Cruises itineraries, one of which was 10N, and she loved every minute! On the 10N cruise she was one of 30 kids aged 3-12. She also had a good time on Oasis OTS. The only cruise that she was 'so-so' about was a NCL cruise over spring break. There were a TON of kids on that sail and the ship wasn't very big. I do think there is something to be said about smaller groups and ships that can dedicate more space to the kids club (Oasis also had a lot of kids, but also had the space to entertain them).