Just Back from Seabourn Encore: First Impressions

LauraS

That's right, we are not too fussy down here. Beef, chicken,pork (not seen lamb used but I'm sure it has been somewhere) wrap it in rice and nori and its sushi. If you are ever down this way, try it, you may even like it :D

You'd do well to find that on your own. Only if you were highlighting them with a view to copying and pinching them.

Whenever I use someone else's work as I often do with soundtracks for my videos I make sure the third party is given full credit without having to delve into hidden background script. In fact on the last video I made they got a mention & I didn't because I felt their material so good.

I would have put a mention underneath the author's details.

Ultimately life is short and I'm not overly precious but technically they were only linked to on CC, not hosted by them so a tricky one. I'd hate to see people withhold good quality material from the site for fear of having it used without permission.

As I say no need to worry further on this occasion but I would be annoyed if the images were used in a published magazine article. For those I get paid :)

Henry :)

Hence why i never put my images on here.

You effectively sign over some of your rights. we went through this on Tripadvisor years ago

That's right, we are not too fussy down here. Beef, chicken,pork (not seen lamb used but I'm sure it has been somewhere) wrap it in rice and nori and its sushi. If you are ever down this way, try it, you may even like it :D

Correct they do offer chicken teriyaki rolls in oz for people who don't eat fish . But i was not really speaking of that just chicken or beef teriyaki at night would suffice. I met so many couples who could not go at night as one did not eat raw fish

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by tinkky

Gosh... I never ever seen pork, lamb or beef sushi near where I live and i have had karaage chicken sushi a few times in Japan (note sushi not nigiri)

Having been to Japan a LOT our little local place does real sushi, sashimi and nigiri. But yes so many places in the city do anything in rice and call it sushi so much so i rarely eat sushi

Hence why i never put my images on here.

You effectively sign over some of your rights. we went through this on Tripadvisor years ago

I don't feel all that protective of my photos. I post them so that others can enjoy. If CC want to reuse them (and they have once) then I am fine with that. I just want to be credited.

Edited by Roxburgh

Correct they do offer chicken teriyaki rolls in oz for people who don't eat fish . But i was not really speaking of that just chicken or beef teriyaki at night would suffice. I met so many couples who could not go at night as one did not eat raw fish

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And Macdonalds offers chicken tenders. That doesn't mean you can find a tender on any part of a chicken. That's called marketing and sales to get business in. Seabourn is offering a true sushi restaurant, not a fast food joint. There are plenty of places on board to get chicken.

It depends how you define Sushi. If it's a Japanese savoury dish then the Australian version is not Sushi. If it's raw fish or meat wrapped in rice than then the Australian version is again not Sushi, But if it's fish or meat cooked or not cooked surrounded by rice then in Australia you can call it Sushi. HOWEVER this is all straying from the object of this thread which is to discuss the new Seabourn ship. Let's get back to this.

I know several folks who were on that same cruise and their opinions - all of them being Diamond level members, not a "guest" of Seabourn, or referring people to Seabourn - were not favorable.

........this is not a critique of Able Seaman's videos / posts, rather a general comment / observation).

We paid to be onboard and came away with very positive feelings. I would re-book without hesitation. It was our 5th Seabourn cruise and our longest at 34 days. For a maiden voyage I was surprised just how well it all went.

A bit of fine tuning, some of which has already taken place with irons in the laundry room but nothing insurmountable.

No offence taken :)

Henry :)

Henry I was one of the people Nomads is quoting re unfavourable viewpoints. My husband and I felt there were two different cruise experiences. The first segment Dubai - Singapore was generally fine, The ship looked beautiful with a few practical flaws. The crew worked exceptionally hard and the food great.

The Singapore - Bali was quite different. The let down of the inaugural "cerebration" in a the massive barn of the departure terminal in Marina Bay. The much more crowded feel in Seabourn Square. The feeling that the emphasis had shifted to focussing on the executives, celebrities on board, travel journalists and cruise consultants. This settled after a few days when some executives got off in Surabaya but there was still the feeling of the crew needing to focus on impressing these "other" people.

The crew were wonderful and I have nothing but praise for them. When we got off in Bali though, they looked exhausted and weren't smiling as easily as when we started our cruise.

Friends who boarded in Bali are reporting that they are having a wonderful time so hopefully now the "inaugural cruise" is over with, things have returned to normal.

One point that was discussed in an earlier thread I will discuss. It is to do with the restriction of being able to walk on Deck 12. For me it didn't matter as I use the treadmills but for my husband it became an issue. He walks twice a day on deck for long periods. He found that Deck 5 seemed shorter to walk around then the Odyssey Class ships. He uses Deck 9 in the morning but not in the afternoon as he finds it too busy. So just as he used Deck 11 on the other ships, so he used Deck 12 until it was roped off and he could no longer use it. So for him he finds there is less usable public space.

For that reason as much as Encore has many good points, we at this time would only cruise on her for short cruises and with minimum sea days.

This is my and my husband's opinion only based on what is important to us. Other people have and will disagree with us as they have different wants and needs.......and that is their right to do so.

Now it's late here and I have a yoga class in the morning but you all have a good day.

Julie

• 1 month later...
I wonder if she used my photos (without asking) in the Telegraph article as well ?

Henry

I've only just seen these posts. I didn't use anybody's photos - I just submitted the words. Whatever pictures are used are nothing to do with me, the writer. I also didn't read anybody's comments on Encore before writing the piece - I was on board and making my own notes. The internet certainly wasn't good enough to get online and trawl through Cruise Critic to rip off people's ideas! Yes, I was a guest of Seabourn. A feature appeared in the Sunday Times but again, I did not submit any photos with it and I didn't refer to anybody's own reviews on Cruise Critic. I hope that clears things up.