A Royal view of a Celebrity cruise. Somewhat live from Silhouette

MattInFLL

I just enjoyed a great reflexology treatment. Spas on Celebrity are run by Canyon Ranch, which I last experienced on Queen Mary 2. It's a more refined experience than Steiner spas. Not nearly as "corporate" and "sell sell sell!"

Plus I have always had amazing Thai therapists at Canyon Ranch.

Celebrity has the Persian Garden with the stone beds and dry and wet saunas. It's free for Elite and up while in port. It's a great room with the big windows. Unlike the caves on Oasis class.

Here's an idea of prices and offerings. All treatments are 25% off in port. You get additional discounts based on your level.

7f00be69e8d5b8b1f9939e381a3ce62a.jpg

353d6cd28f888c8df030b40db2247c07.jpg

ca8b378d405a531e4bc7ccb4951816dc.jpg

I'm going back tomorrow :)

Pool deck is not too crowded but it is a port day. Another nice touch is that towels are placed neatly folded on every lounger for you.

Another nice thing to see again after the Royal cutbacks - bar servers *everywhere*. No need to pack into line at the pool bar.

41483bd462eb728616fb1edd0c02bdee.jpg

Oh then they'll enjoy some good perks that are like Diamond/Elite such as priority boarding.

I just told her, and she was excited to hear about the extra perks. I also showed her the spa pricing and she said that way too expensive. :p

Edited by A&L_Ont

Yeah it ain't cheap. :) Although on par with Royal. There are plenty of specials advertised too. And some unadvertised. For instance my therapist is giving me the extra discount even tomorrow because I booked a second treatment.

My husband and I went on the Christmas cruise on Silhouette, so it looked strange not to see any Christmas decorations!

We are newbies with cruising, but from what we have so far experienced, the Silhouette spoiled us! We loved every minute.

This summer we try Royal Caribbean for the first time on our Baltic cruise and I know I will be looking at the ship from Silhouette tinted glasses!

Here's a sampling of drink prices.

They have packages too and unlike Royal there are still two tiers for the alcohol - regular and premium. Premium is $65/day plus gratuities. Regular is $55.

198113d4a045f852113a44b281bf8eb6.jpg

4538682da380709c409735c8cb57b97f.jpg

And this is one of my favorite bars, the Sunset Bar on the top deck facing the wake:

a4752fe54026fe75484e5cb246f5c707.jpg

Of course the big feature of an S Class ship is the top deck Lawn Club. The lawn has some bare spots but the grass really does feel good on bare feet.

On the first S Class ships they had a Corning glass blowing exhibition. I would have loved to see that.

Here you can sit out or lay out and see Norwegian Escape.

a696c1482d7e18fc78410cff03a876a9.jpg

This is the main lawn area with the Lawn Club Grill at the back - a specialty restaurant for dinner and lunch on sea days.

6f8b7686965afee03de41dbde04c8419.jpg

And these are called "Alcoves" with the retractable cover. They are available to reserve. Not sure if the cost.

eb465d2b4f342a3511c6fe5efe4599e4.jpg

And there is also The Porch which is a mostly seafood alternative restaurant. I believe it's no cost.

d33cd3280c59b175c30a4b1e5b0194c7.jpg

And then a more daytime overview of the pool.

5a243d8523ca01316956c9d11535c1ca.jpg

Matt- thanks for the observations and the great pics. We sail Silhouette this Sunday out of FLL. We did Anthem last month so it will be very interesting to compare them now that you point out that they are similar in some respects. How was the overall service compared to RC ships?

And of course if there's no Flowrider there is always Checkers in the Card Room :)

0808f70763d286cdebae3540da2d5084.jpg

And I'm not sure if everyone gets a rose bud or if it's because I'm Elite. If for Elite, I would rather have my Royal chocolate covered strawberries :)

0ef3e32e1e41669aa3bc71bfc83c66ec.jpg

So glad you're enjoying that awesome ship. Be sure to try some of the food from the Pool grill- their cheeseburgers made to order are FANTASTIC.

Also: buffet has homemade, hard scoop ice cream at all times...free. It's delicious and all the fixings are there, too.

If you have access to Michael's Club, go there for some nice beer flights...bummed that it's no longer open to the masses.

Have fun!

Matt, what is the story with nightly cocktails for Elites vs Royal's Diamond cocktail hours? We are considering the Equinox, but wonder if the "drink benefits" are comparable ? Thanks ! Loving your review !

Linda

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off Equinox today and enjoyed their cocktail hours for Elite and up members. It is 2 hours instead of 3 but they offer more types of liquor. And the water views are beautiful in the venue they use.

And of course if there's no Flowrider there is always Checkers in the Card Room :)

0808f70763d286cdebae3540da2d5084.jpg

If I'm not at the flowrider you might find be playing scrabble in the atrium.;) We enjoyed doing that on our Serenade and Radiance cruises to Hawaii and Alaska. It was a great way to finish every night, a drink an occasional heated discussion about a word being playable.:D

Somehow Lisa always won. ;)

Well of course Lisa wins. You haven't learned that yet ? :) :) :)

So we are not really getting the Elite drink thing this cruise or I've missed it completely. My new friends on board say that on a longer cruise they don't bother with the cocktail hour since it doesn't have the same festive atmosphere as the Diamond club. I'm sure that's all subjective though.

Since I always get the package I just don't pay attention. :)

As for service, I would say it has been as good as my best Royal experiences. They are friendly and attentive and there just seem to be more of them.

On night 2 of MDR I will say again that the food is a cut above Royal. And the staff is not spread as thin.

Edited by MattInFLL

Here is a sample menu

a9dc0c849c6b6f491234ceb29c436aa6.jpg

Oh. And almost forgot. My friends doing Anytime go down and request a table and they give you a beeper. So you can enjoy a drink at any bar and then get notified when your table is ready. Hello. Why doesn't Royal do that ?

8501886f9496893120258e02b313ebee.jpg

A few more things before bed.

Yes someone told me The Porch is $30 for dinner. If you saw the menu you would shake your head.

The Mast Grill over the pool has really tasty burgers and hot dogs. With fries. I did enjoy it today.

And I've enjoyed the ice cream each afternoon. Interesting flavors and a full selection of toppings. We don't need no stinking soft serve lol.

(But soft serve is available).

Edited by MattInFLL