LIVE from Eclipse - Penthouse Suite - Jan 22nd - 14 nights

WonderMan3

We finished off yesterday with a dinner at Luminae. Photos show a goat cheese puff chef's treat, a Black Forest Martini from the Martini Bar, Wild Mushroom Consommé, Burrata, Braised Short Rib, Roasted Chicken Breast, Thai Green Vegetable Curry, Peppered Tuna, Ricotta Cavatelli (only dish so far I did not care for), Sorbet palate cleanser, Chocolate Tart, Ricotta Cheesecake, Coconut Cremeuxa11d9f202e98a6da9a45789da84f3324.jpg858aae020926696d58a4ba13a8ac7a5a.jpg6e46e18c6830a89a293905f304685dfb.jpg864ff668ae414179a6e99e82affb7382.jpgd740d042a7214ba3e9bf77f3488e96c0.jpg1b5afe10adbb734c7a334342bd1f6a56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for taking time to post this review!

What I would like to see would be pictures of your PH. Interesting to see how it compares to the PH on M class which I love.

They're back on page 1 of this thread

They're back on page 1 of this thread

Thanks. I apparently jumped in mid-thread and didn't realize it.

I agree with you about the pianos. Space wasters. More chairs would be a much better use of the space since you tend to entertain more in the penthouse.

Think I still like the M class PH better. Love that huge butler's pantry with full-size refrigerator and microwave. And that HUGE deck on the rear of the ship is hard to beat.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

WonderMan-

Thank you so much for this comprehensive review! :D

We board on Sunday and not only have you answered lots of questions but you've really added to our excitement!

Too bad you're not staying on board so I could thank you in person.

Edited by chamima

Thanks. I apparently jumped in mid-thread and didn't realize it.

I agree with you about the pianos. Space wasters. More chairs would be a much better use of the space since you tend to entertain more in the penthouse.

Think I still like the M class PH better. Love that huge butler's pantry with full-size refrigerator and microwave. And that HUGE deck on the rear of the ship is hard to beat.

I'm with you Happy Cruiser, the M Class Penthouse Suite is the best at sea on any cruise line!

Catching up on our Tuesday adventures, we departed the ship a little after 8 to meet up with a private tour we had booked. We reserved with Spencer Ambrose Tours for his Jalousie Beach Break. The tour was $90 per person and well worth it. Spencer's boat picked us up right past the tourist shops just outside where the ship docks. He has high speed boats that can accommodate about 14-15 people. Spencer himself was driving our boat and he was a very friendly fellow. The boat ride to the beach took about 45 minutes, but 15 of that was taken up with a stop in the town of Soufriere to drop off passengers going on to another tour. We arrived at the beach around 9:30.

Jalousie Beach (also called Sugar Beach) was one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever visited primarily because of it being positioned between the two magnificent Pitons. The beach features swimming and snorkeling. The swimming area is sandy with tiny waves, if any. The snorkeling area is accessed easily from the beach and had lots to see with many colorful fish and corals, according to those in my party who tried it. Snorkeling equipment was available if you didn't bring any (at no charge as far as I'm aware). The area of the beach that Spencer's tours and other tour companies are allowed to use is shoved off in a corner next to the dock. There are a few palapas there and some basic beach chairs. We were the second group to arrive so a couple palapas were still available and plenty of chairs but the whole area was very crowded.

We opted to go over to the other part of the beach at the Sugar Beach Resort. They have big comfy beach chairs and palapas available for $50 per person. This includes towels, access to their restrooms, floating rafts, wifi and occasional complimentary water/iced tea and cool towel service. We opted to go for these since we had Barbara and Carol with us and wanted to make sure they were comfortable. It was pure bliss relaxing in this place. Hopefully my pictures do it justice.

Spencer's tour included free soda, water, beer and rum punch throughout the day as well as a traditional Caribbean lunch buffet. Since we were seated some distance from where the other tour members were, Spencer's assistant Terry would come over and check in on us, bringing the senior ladies some drinks. When it was lunch time he was even gracious to help me bring lunch later from the buffet over to Carol and Barbara. He also walked over to let us know when it was time to go.

We left the beach at 2 and then spent an hour or so coming back to the ship making stops on the way at scenic spots like Marigot Bay and Bat Cave. Overall we had a wonderful day and I would highly recommend this tour.

Note: Getting in and out of the boat at cruise port and beach require some difficult maneuvering from the dock to the boat and some people with mobility issues on our boat had a difficult time. Also, the boat goes very fast at times and if you sit in the front will often slam up and down as it passes over waves. The back is stabler but you might smell gas fumes at times. Just advising for those who may be prone to seasickness.6d211beda350bace8b61d2de2659df93.jpgdad87b8e8ca1bf878018fad4ad1fd5a1.jpg4d8549830c1fd6b2ce8d03d0f1009737.jpg28535241df687f07c27c9fe95d4e6b54.jpg1e5cd6de53124de8f4e62fd2c70d3bd7.jpg78f852d790904e33c91b8d680b965d17.jpg

For dinner on Tuesday, 4 of us returned to Tuscan Grill. Service was friendlier this time around compared to earlier in the cruise. Food was same or better in most cases. The Filet Mignon was definitely better. Only one dish was problematic which was the Eggplant Parmesan side. John ordered it and said it was like it had been sitting around and did not taste good. We reported this to the server who said she would pass it on to the chef. Overall, as others have stated there is a noticeable decline in Tuscan over the past year or so. I don't think it's as dramatic as some make it out to be but it is something that Celebrity should take note of. When we remarked to the waitress that we missed one of the sauces that used to be on the menu she kind of rolled her eyes and said she didn't understand why they removed a number of items from the menu. Another interesting bit was that our butler told us he had been hearing lots of complaints about Tuscan from his guests recently. Hope Celebrity is listening! No photos this time since we had basically the same items as I shared in a previous post.

For dinner on Tuesday, 4 of us returned to Tuscan Grill. Service was friendlier this time around compared to earlier in the cruise. Food was same or better in most cases. The Filet Mignon was definitely better. Only one dish was problematic which was the Eggplant Parmesan side. John ordered it and said it was like it had been sitting around and did not taste good. We reported this to the server who said she would pass it on to the chef. Overall, as others have stated there is a noticeable decline in Tuscan over the past year or so. I don't think it's as dramatic as some make it out to be but it is something that Celebrity should take note of. When we remarked to the waitress that we missed one of the sauces that used to be on the menu she kind of rolled her eyes and said she didn't understand why they removed a number of items from the menu. Another interesting bit was that our butler told us he had been hearing lots of complaints about Tuscan from his guests recently. Hope Celebrity is listening! No photos this time since we had basically the same items as I shared in a previous post.

Really enjoying your review. The beach is st Lucia is our favourite too. I wish there was a way to really get celebrity to listen in regards to Tuscan grill. Yes the prices are climbing and the product is declining. They've Removed so many great dishes and our last 3 meals there were disappointing. An Italian restaurant that no longer has Parmesan cheese? We've stopped going and it was my favourite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I pretty much gave up on Tuscan some time ago. If all my friends are going and it's a suite perk and I don't have to pay, I'll go to have dinner with friends. Otherwise, no.

For our Wednesday day in St. Kitts our group split up. 3 of us went on the ship's excursion that featured the train around the island while the other 4 of us went to the Carambola Beach Club. I had made reservations for chairs and umbrellas in advance through their website. It was a 10 minute or so cab ride from the port to the club. The driver charged $5 per person for a total of $20 which comparing to the port info given in our cabin shows we were ripped off. I figured something was up when he asked us "how much did they quote you at the pier", so be aware of this and challenge the driver if they try to overcharge you.

At the club the charge is $15pp for a chair and shared umbrella (1 for every two chairs). You can choose the chairs you want and the attendant will set them up with cushions. Beachside drink and food service is offered and they also have a very nice bar and restaurant where you can go inside and eat. The beach is one of the nicest on the island with soft sand and water that is rock and coral free. While you can snorkel in the main swimming area most people chose to go out to another area that faced out to the open ocean.

We ordered food which was a mixed bag. I had a pizza which tasted like it came from a high school cafeteria but my companions liked their burger and fish sandwich. Prices were high though; around $15 for a burger and fries. Drinks were good although again pricey at around $12. There are other activities available at the beach for additional charges like jet skis and massage. The club did fill up to at least 75% capacity while we were there so I'd recommend arriving early to get a good seat. We arrived at 9 and the place was pretty empty.

If you want to walk down the beach a ways you'll come to a bar called the Shipwreck. Here you'll find an area where you can often see wild monkeys. We only saw one when we walked down there but saw a few wild ferret type creatures also. We left the club around 2. Taxis are usually waiting out front so no issues getting back to the ship. We unfortunately ran into the driver again who took us out to the beach so we felt obligated to go back with him. He overcharged us again but we didn't know that until we got back to the ship and looked up rates.3b2270e7ace707180c1bb06ff511218e.jpg9149fc015ce55b88cc6e190d1e430955.jpg62d1dd8fc1b43014233def3a3ba9f02b.jpgaa3abc3edf9046ea15c3423aad0e3095.jpg476d2b5fd909f4412fc0ac7a29e76089.jpgb2778bb5eaff87e68fd9673f611594f9.jpg