Breakfast room service card?

Cruiserkenn

We never got any and I think it may have been my thread you mentioned, we don't do room service breakfast but they were pushing you to order breakfast via the intranet, this was mention numerous times on the wake show and flyers left on tables in the Explorers lounge

So just how would you write in what you want when it's not on the list? (We do that all the time.)

We only did once, on the Crown, when we had an early excursion.

We're with you. If, and only if, we have to be ashore early we will set an alarm on the phone. After the cruise when we need to get up early in the hotel for our transportation we will use an alarm as well.

For years my coffee pot turned on automagically at 5:45 AM. These days I "may" be up that early but it's just to use the facilities and then I go back to bed. :D

We ordered Room Service every morning on the Grand Princess New Years cruise. One night we returned to the cabin the steward forgpt to leave the card, I simply called Room Service and they sent someone with a card right away... next day I found a stack of cards in our room... so we never had to call again for a card.

I read on another thread that the door card for ordering room service breakfast is no longer available' date=' or that it is hard to get. I hope this is not so.

I did not want to highjack that thread, so I am asking this question here: true or not?

I had the room service breakfast door card in October, on the Sun Princess. I also had it last March, on the Ruby.

Can recent cruisers confirm, or not?

Thanks in advance.[/quote']

On the Crown Princess last fall it was not delivered to our minisuite one night. That led to a call to the purser, who transferred us to room service, who insisted that the card would no longer be delivered to any cabin except full suites. The next day the maitre d called and said there had been a misunderstanding. On our Hawaii cruise we received the card every day.

Suites can order from a broader menu. If you are in another cabin and write in what you want you may get it. We have mixed success with that.

We never got any and I think it may have been my thread you mentioned, we don't do room service breakfast but they were pushing you to order breakfast via the intranet, this was mention numerous times on the wake show and flyers left on tables in the Explorers lounge

What ship was this?

Sounds as if they are testing out the idea of saving money by no longer printing the cards.

And they also assume everyone has a smart device to use the intranet on.

It would be great if they would deliver one card and then not deliver another unless you actually used the one you had. Getting them over and over is crazy and just makes more junk to deal with. Of course it might be hard for the steward to know if one had used the card or not considering the mountain of paper they deliver.

Edited by Thrak

Thanks' date=' all, everyone, for the up to date and often humorous answers:)

Your answers put my mind at ease.

Antsp: what ship were you on? ... Thanks.

Thanks so much![/quote']

The Ruby,

I have an idea they where trying other things as well

It would be great if they would deliver one card and then not deliver another unless you actually used the one you had. Getting them over and over is crazy and just makes more junk to deal with. Of course it might be hard for the steward to know if one had used the card or not considering the mountain of paper they deliver.

What you describe is exactly what our steward did on the Grand to Hawaii. We appreciated it. We also left that particular card out pretty prominently. Most everything else went in the trash, aside from Patters and port guides.