Swim with Pigs in Exuma

Mandylouwho

When I was a travel agent, this became a bucket list item. We dock for 7 whole hours at Nassau, and to be honest, I'm not a fan of nassau. If I cant find anything to do (Besides show my kids a straw market), we will stay on the ship.

But....pigs in Exuma. I mean...:D:D:D

Has anyone used a private charter to do this?

Yeah, anything on or to Exuma has always been expensive. These pigs were left on the island decades ago and procreated. The Bahamian government cares for them, and with the influx of tourists they are well fed.

I don't know if we will be able to do this....it looks like it would just be too far. i was wondering if anyone tried tho.;)

My DD did this excursion on a visit there last year. They gave her hotdogs to feed the pigs. They are much larger than the pigs she saw on the You Tube videos. After the pig snatches the Hotdog she had to steer their head away so the pig would move on. She was a little nervous in the water with them.

When I was a travel agent, this became a bucket list item. We dock for 7 whole hours at Nassau, and to be honest, I'm not a fan of nassau. If I cant find anything to do (Besides show my kids a straw market), we will stay on the ship.

But....pigs in Exuma. I mean...:D:D:D

Has anyone used a private charter to do this?

As for someone who grew up raising pigs and hogs, this does not sound at all appealing to me. When you've "wrastled" pigs to castrate them, paying money to swim with them seems ridiculous.

As for someone who grew up raising pigs and hogs, this does not sound at all appealing to me. When you've "wrastled" pigs to castrate them, paying money to swim with them seems ridiculous.

I'm sure it does for someone who raised them. I grew up in the beach. So for me I don't get why people would spend thousands to hang out on a dirty beach. I guess I get that.

This is more of a ridiculous thing that my personality requires. I used to have a specialty travel book when I was an agent. This had the same kind of stuff in there. I mean. Pigs in the water. In the Bahamas. So stupid it's cool.

And no. I don't want to castrate them. I draw the line somewhere.

Edited by Mandylouwho

Swimming with pigs??

Heck, I won't even get in the ship's hot tubs.

I can't understand how anyone goes in those thing...let alone wait in line.

You've got people drinking alllllll day, and a big tub of warm water. You do the math.

Ahh, what relaxation. Soaking in a bowl of Ultimate Beverage Packing urine on the high seas.

My DD did this excursion on a visit there last year. They gave her hotdogs to feed the pigs. They are much larger than the pigs she saw on the You Tube videos. After the pig snatches the Hotdog she had to steer their head away so the pig would move on. She was a little nervous in the water with them.

Another good reason to stay on the ship in the Bahamas or better yet completely avoid the Bahamas.

Hand feeding pigs hot dogs?

Anyone remember the show "Deadwood" on HBO? People would use Mr. Wu's pigs to dispose of dead bodies. Someone died, they would just feed the body to the pigs, who would devour it entirely.

If people remember that, I wonder if men who do this tour would be covering their crotches when they get into the water. :eek:

• 1 month later...