Opinions plz: Jamie's vs Chops on Harmony?

RealDeal

We're going to do one specialty on Harmony. Jamie's or Chops? I've had mixed experiences at Chops and have never done Jamie's. Thx!!

I can´t comment on the Harmony, but I´ve been to both on other ships and while I liked chops I absolutely loved Jamie´s. I didn´t even plan on going to Jamie´s, but I let them Lure me in with a discount;) anyway I loved it soooooo much, I ended up going there 5 nights.:eek:

I can´t comment on the Harmony, but I´ve been to both on other ships and while I liked chops I absolutely loved Jamie´s. I didn´t even plan on going to Jamie´s, but I let them Lure me in with a discount;) anyway I loved it soooooo much, I ended up going there 5 nights.:eek:

OK, thanks!

Two totally different experiences. Chops is a somewhat formal setting. Jamie's is much more casual. Last cruise on Anthem with regards to food taste/quality (which I realize is very subjective), Chops was good, Jamie's was GREAT.

• Like 1

On Harmony last week, four of us got the filet at Chops and all four of us thought it was delicious. The only thing better the whole week was the filet for two at 150 Central Park - it was melt in your mouth sooo good.

Ate in Jamie's on anthem and enjoyed it very much . Had dinner in chops on anthem , harmony and ovation and had a first class experience each time. If it's only one I would do chops but my advice is push the boat out and do both! Jamie's lunch menu is very similar to their evening menu and a good deal cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have a current review of Harmony from last week (see signature below)...

I've already reviewed Jamie's and Chop's.

Jamie's here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52044801&highlight=jamie%27s#post52044801

Chop's hands down was the best specialty restaurant on Harmony last week, followed so very closely by Wonderland. Jamie's was at the bottom and a real let-down. GF has been to Jamie's in the UK and was really looking forward to it and we walked out extremely disappointed... had better pasta at Olive Garden for example. Sorry to say I felt the same way on Quantum 2 years... I'll take Giovanni's on all other ships over Jamie's.

I have a current review of Harmony from last week (see signature below)...

I've already reviewed Jamie's and Chop's.

Jamie's here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52044801&highlight=jamie%27s#post52044801

Chop's hands down was the best specialty restaurant on Harmony last week, followed so very closely by Wonderland. Jamie's was at the bottom and a real let-down. GF has been to Jamie's in the UK and was really looking forward to it and we walked out extremely disappointed... had better pasta at Olive Garden for example. Sorry to say I felt the same way on Quantum 2 years... I'll take Giovanni's on all other ships over Jamie's.

This exactly. We ate at Jamie's on Harmony and we're extremely disappointed from horrible service to OK food when it finally arrived. It took 1 hour for our appetizer to get to us. We too would take Giovanni's over Jamie's hands down.

Chops had good food, but after our main meal arrived we didn't see our waiter again until we flagged him down for our bill 40 minutes later.

We are giving them both a chance in March, since these experiences where from November, but our fingers are crossed that things will go better.

Just on Harmony last week and Jamie's was our best specialty by far. Wonderland and 150 were the others we did and we all enjoyed the food at Jamie's the best. We had a very cool Scottish server who took exceptional care of us!

This exactly. We ate at Jamie's on Harmony and we're extremely disappointed from horrible service to OK food when it finally arrived. It took 1 hour for our appetizer to get to us. We too would take Giovanni's over Jamie's hands down.

Chops had good food, but after our main meal arrived we didn't see our waiter again until we flagged him down for our bill 40 minutes later.

We are giving them both a chance in March, since these experiences where from November, but our fingers are crossed that things will go better.

I went to Jamie's twice on Harmony.

The food was great both times but the service inconsistent. It was great the first time and horrid the second time. We were seated for 10 minutes before being approached by the waiter. Bread came after 12 minutes and water after 15 minutes. We had long delays between courses as well. The restaurant was packed and it didn't seem like there was enough staff. It was even worse for the table next to me. They were seated before our entrees arrived. They received bread and water after everyone at my table was finished with our entrees, which was about 20 minutes later.

Edited by somerandomidiot

We're going to do one specialty on Harmony. Jamie's or Chops? I've had mixed experiences at Chops and have never done Jamie's. Thx!!

Truly interesting at the varying responses... and even on the same cruise week! Goes to show you how subjective this topic is... in other words without photos or samples anyone's written opinion... including mine... is useless when it comes to food. You'll just have to try it yourself and come back and let us know how it worked for you.

Focusing on your comment regarding "mixed at Chops" and ":never done Jamie's". If you're looking for a fun and excellent one-of-a-kind experience, something you can't do on land, look really hard at Wonderland. Superb and fun experience, it was an entertaining show in itself, and the venue has a great view/atmosphere compared to Jamie's.

There are a zillion Italian restaurants on land, so Jamie's is not all special even if you do end up praising the meal itself. Just a thought :)

Truly interesting at the varying responses... and even on the same cruise week! Goes to show you how subjective this topic is... in other words without photos or samples anyone's written opinion... including mine... is useless when it comes to food. You'll just have to try it yourself and come back and let us know how it worked for you.

Focusing on your comment regarding "mixed at Chops" and ":never done Jamie's". If you're looking for a fun and excellent one-of-a-kind experience, something you can't do on land, look really hard at Wonderland. Superb and fun experience, it was an entertaining show in itself, and the venue has a great view/atmosphere compared to Jamie's.

There are a zillion Italian restaurants on land, so Jamie's is not all special even if you do end up praising the meal itself. Just a thought :)

Thanks, Hoopster. We have a free specialty dinner from our TA & I don't think it will cover Wonderland. It actually specifies Chops, but I'm assuming I'll be able to use it at Jamie's since it's less expensive. Will find out next week!

And, yes, interesting about the wide array of opinions.

Jamie's was wonderful. Try it! And you can always order a Chops Filet in the MDR, which we did- it was fantastic. Enjoy!