Booking one speciality- Cagneys?

cjc23

Hi

We dont have a specialty dining package as a perk, and dont fancy booking the package of three seeing as we are only on a 7 night cruise- hence the questions

Can we book just one speciality in advance online before we travel?

Or can we reserve one restaurant via their online restaurant bookings and then pay on the day?

Is Cagneys a set price?

Thanks

Hi

We dont have a specialty dining package as a perk, and dont fancy booking the package of three seeing as we are only on a 7 night cruise- hence the questions

Can we book just one speciality in advance online before we travel? Yes.

Or can we reserve one restaurant via their online restaurant bookings and then pay on the day?Really the same question.

Is Cagneys a set price? No Cagneys is a la carte and so there is no possibility of paying beforehand.

Thanks

HTH

Mike

Also, you should know, if you splurge at the one Cagney's meal, you can easily go to 80 dollars, and a 3 meal SDP is the same cost. Might be something you mull over in your decision. Take a look at the menu prices:

http://eatsleepcruise.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Cagneys-Menu.jpg

http://eatsleepcruise.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Cagneys-dessert.jpg

Cagney's is al la carte.

Here are the prices:

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/30967_cagneys_escape_dinner_menu.pdf

You make dining reservations online on the NCL website regardless of how you are going to pay. If you don't make reservations by the end of the first day usually Cagney's and Le Bistro are sold out for the rest of the cruise and then only hours like 5:30 or 9:00 are left in most of the rest of the restaurants.

You save a lot of money buying the dining package, but it's up to you to decide what makes sense for you. For a 7 day cruise, we typically eat at Cagney's 1 time, Le Bistro, 2 times, Ocean Blue 1 time, and then maybe Sushi, Teppanyaki, Manhattan Room or Moderno and for the rest of the nights in The Haven restaurant (as we are always in suites.) To us, NCL is all about eating in a different restaurant every night and that's what we do but other people prefer to go to the MDR or buffet or O'Sheehan's. That's the great thing about Freestyle, you can cruise the way you choose!

For us, on the jade, cagney's was by far the most disappointing of the Specialties we dined at. We enjoyed la cucina, teppanyaki, and moderno much more. Personally, I'd recommend moderno. Set cost so no surprise bill, and TONS of choices so there's no way you won't find something throughout the evening you really enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

Can we book just one speciality in advance online before we travel?

Or can we reserve one restaurant via their online restaurant bookings and then pay on the day?

Is Cagneys a set price?

Thanks

Yes you can, but you wont see the single option restaurants until about 90 days out of your cruise. :) Than you can book Cagneys or whichever you choose..

Buy the 3 restaurant package and you will not regret doing so. From my past cruises on Epic and Getaway, I would book twice in Cagneys and once in LeBistro. Teppanyaki was typical Japanese restaurant, show better than the food. Moderno was disappointing on both ships. LaCucina is typical Italian which I can do everyday at home at much lower cost. O'Sheehans is great for lunch at no extra cost. Also, try the noodle restaurant, also no extra cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Cagney's is al la carte.

Here are the prices:

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/30967_cagneys_escape_dinner_menu.pdf

You make dining reservations online on the NCL website regardless of how you are going to pay. If you don't make reservations by the end of the first day usually Cagney's and Le Bistro are sold out for the rest of the cruise and then only hours like 5:30 or 9:00 are left in most of the rest of the restaurants.

You save a lot of money buying the dining package, but it's up to you to decide what makes sense for you. For a 7 day cruise, we typically eat at Cagney's 1 time, Le Bistro, 2 times, Ocean Blue 1 time, and then maybe Sushi, Teppanyaki, Manhattan Room or Moderno and for the rest of the nights in The Haven restaurant (as we are always in suites.) To us, NCL is all about eating in a different restaurant every night and that's what we do but other people prefer to go to the MDR or buffet or O'Sheehan's. That's the great thing about Freestyle, you can cruise the way you choose!

Thanks so much for posting the menu. We are in a Haven suite and cruising NCL for the first time. Do you know where I can find other menus?

Also, you should know, if you splurge at the one Cagney's meal, you can easily go to 80 dollars, and a 3 meal SDP is the same cost. Might be something you mull over in your decision.

This is a genuine question.

I've seen this posted a couple of times lately. I would recommend anyone who is planning on eating at the speciality restaurants twice to consider the package, but to do it in one???

I'm not saying it can't be done, but for most people it certainly doesn't look like something you could easily do.

From the menus you have attached, you would need to have the three most expensive starters plus soup, before moving on to the most expensive entree with 5 sides and still have room for two desserts to reach the cost of the 3 meal SDP.

It doesn't look like something that would be easy to do, so what do you actually order?

I see you guys are talking about the speciality dining package. We got 4 free nights for our honeymoon in October. How does it work with the ala carte restaurants? I'm used to Celebrity where it's one price and you get whatever you want.

You are restricted to one Entree. Starters , sides and desserts aren't limited (although sometimes the staff aren't aware of that apparently).

Need help trying to decide on 2nd option offered with our booking on Jade. We have not sailed on NCL in years and the dining options seem to be so different from other cruise lines. What would the minimum value of the free specialty dining option amount to (4 per person for our cruise)? We know we want the Ultimate beverage package. Opinions please.

We use the SDP specifically for the a la carte locations (Cagneys, Le Bistro, La Cucina) because the a la carte can really add up.

Then, if we want to enjoy dining in one of the other speciality restaurants (Moderno, Teppanayaki, the Illusionarium) do so knowing exactly what it will cost because its a set charge.

Need help trying to decide on 2nd option offered with our booking on Jade. We have not sailed on NCL in years and the dining options seem to be so different from other cruise lines. What would the minimum value of the free specialty dining option amount to (4 per person for our cruise)? We know we want the Ultimate beverage package. Opinions please.

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking. For us, we just looked at the other perks options while held little to no value - 3rd/4th free, we only had 2 per cabin; free internet, perfectly happy disconnecting so low value to me; shore excursion credit - we never do ship excursions so $0 value. Now, if you will use any of those. They all clearly have a higher retail value than the dining, so it's hard to compare. Technically the retail value is the cost of the package, $84 pp. we had the 4 SDP on our cruise last week and believe it would have been $24 or $29 each at teppanyaki and moderno, we spent around $30 each at cagneys (not big beef eaters so got the 5 oz filet), and probably the same at la cucina. So at approx $30 each it had a $120 value to it. But we would have done the SDP or not eaten there without it. Although, I will say that besides cagney's (which was really disappointing) the other 3 were easily our best dinners of the trip.

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking. For us, we just looked at the other perks options while held little to no value - 3rd/4th free, we only had 2 per cabin; free internet, perfectly happy disconnecting so low value to me; shore excursion credit - we never do ship excursions so $0 value. Now, if you will use any of those. They all clearly have a higher retail value than the dining, so it's hard to compare. Technically the retail value is the cost of the package, $84 pp. we had the 4 SDP on our cruise last week and believe it would have been $24 or $29 each at teppanyaki and moderno, we spent around $30 each at cagneys (not big beef eaters so got the 5 oz filet), and probably the same at la cucina. So at approx $30 each it had a $120 value to it. But we would have done the SDP or not eaten there without it. Although, I will say that besides cagney's (which was really disappointing) the other 3 were easily our best dinners of the trip.

You answered my question. Thank you.