Fiji Cruise with 4 and 2.5 yo

Hello everyone!

We will be cruising to Fiji in March and would love to hear your ideas as to what we could do with our kids.

We will be visiting Denerau island (i guess we could catch a ferry to one of the islands? which one would be a good one and not too far on the ferry?) and Suva..

Would love to hear your suggestions!

I have looked at the ferry schedules to get to islands from Port Denarau. They don't work well. To make sure you don't miss the cruiseship, there is not much time to spend on the island. One of the problems is that the ride on the tender to the marina at Port Denarau is 45 minutes. If you go independently to an island, you have to do this trip twice, plus extra time for lee-way. The cruiseship's Shore excursions trips leave directly from the cruiseship and return to the ship.

Suva - maybe book a tour when you get off the ship. There will be plenty available.

Edited by Aus Traveller

Hello everyone!

We will be cruising to Fiji in March and would love to hear your ideas as to what we could do with our kids.

We will be visiting Denerau island (i guess we could catch a ferry to one of the islands? which one would be a good one and not too far on the ferry?) and Suva..

Would love to hear your suggestions!

Fijians love children, the kids will be treated like princes & princesses on any any shore activity you do. So if the kids are happy and being looked after you will ALL have a great time.

If it is available a trip to Savala Island (Oolala Cruise) is my recommendation but I have been there so many times I may be biased.

Enjoy Fiji

Something a little left field - kids are young and won't remember the port trip - why not stay on the ship, spend the day on deck with them - especially if you both work - quality time with the kids, the cabin's no too far away if they need a sleep - food and drinks readily available. There won't be crowds as most people go ashore.

Something a little left field - kids are young and won't remember the port trip - why not stay on the ship, spend the day on deck with them - especially if you both work - quality time with the kids, the cabin's no too far away if they need a sleep - food and drinks readily available. There won't be crowds as most people go ashore.

believe it or not, one of the kids remembered the train ride in Noumea 11 months later :)

Fijians love children, the kids will be treated like princes & princesses on any any shore activity you do. So if the kids are happy and being looked after you will ALL have a great time.

If it is available a trip to Savala Island (Oolala Cruise) is my recommendation but I have been there so many times I may be biased.

Enjoy Fiji

Thank you!

I just looked into it and looks like they depart Denerau at 10am... what if we are late due to tender or something?

The other island option is South Sea Island which has a faster catamaran transfer - might be better for small kids.

It's probably best to do a ship excursion there - they pick you up directly from the ship then. Plus, as Tranquility Base says, the island tours may be booked by the cruise line.

We were there last year on the Legend and went to south sea island for the day. The tour boats come direct to the ship and pick you up so no need to tender and as mentioned a lot of the tours are booked out by Carnival so won't be available privately in Port Denerau.

In Suva there are many tour operators on the dock, we went to The Pearl resort very cheap.