Carnival Questions

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

We will be going on the Dream and spending a few nights in Ft. Lauderdale then in New Orleans before our cruise. I never used laundry service, my question, does anybody know the cost to clean a mens polo shirt and a woman blouse? With the luggage restrictions the airlines give, we prefer to bring less. I also need to know whether anybody used laundry service for these items and did they have any issues/problems with it? Do you feel its best to bring the extra clothes or use the laundry service?

Another question, our ship goes into dry dock in two days, does anybody know if they change the beds to new ones and the pillows?

I also wondered, if Carnival offers better pillows, we never thought to ask has anybody gotten better pillows other than the standard ones that are already in the cabin?

Thank you!

I doubt they have any other kinds of pillows. If people found out that they had "better" pillows, then everyone would want them. If you want, you can always take your own. But that would take up luggage space, so you'll have to decide if you can spare it. Personally, I just ask for extra pillows on the first day.

Enjoy your cruise!

We use the laundry service on every trip, but I am very careful what I send. At home, I rarely dry my clothes in the dryer, but I suspect that Carnival has very hot commercial dryers.

The clothes always come back clean, but they don't "feel" good. Maybe it's cheap soap, hot dryers, mixing the clothes... I don't know, but I wouldn't send anything other than knock around the boat clothes.

I prefer to use the serve laundry. I take the clothes out of the dryer as they dry and fold them. I use my own laundry products. My clothes come out better than when using the laundry service. As I am an early riser, I do not mind taking the time to do laundry. I usually do laundry just once each surmise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be going on the Dream and spending a few nights in Ft. Lauderdale then in New Orleans before our cruise. I never used laundry service, my question, does anybody know the cost to clean a mens polo shirt and a woman blouse? With the luggage restrictions the airlines give, we prefer to bring less. I also need to know whether anybody used laundry service for these items and did they have any issues/problems with it? Do you feel its best to bring the extra clothes or use the laundry service?

I've never been on the Dream but I have used Carnival's laundry service on two other cruises. If I recall correctly, the cost to clean men's shirts and women's blouses are $4-6 each. There's a special where for $15 they will clean anything you can fit into a bag. The bags are pretty big; they'll fit several shirts/blouses, along with several days of underwear and socks. They've done good work for me, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them in the future (it also helps that free laundry bags are a perk for those with higher status). Others have reported problems, so it may not be best to send out fragile and/or expensive items.

We pack half and wash once. Anything needed special care like pressing, we use the on board service. Cheaper than on land.

Even our dress up clothes, we used to send to the dry cleaners and then pack garment bags. Now we just toss it in the regular luggage, and send it out to be pressed or washed and pressed and voila!

Hello,

Another question, our ship goes into dry dock in two days, does anybody know if they change the beds to new ones and the pillows?

I also wondered, if Carnival offers better pillows, we never thought to ask has anybody gotten better pillows other than the standard ones that are already in the cabin?

Thank you!

Wouldn't recommend having carnival wash anything important. The self service laundry machines worked great the last time we had to do laundry because of a long cruise. Carnival always seems to be swapping mattress out. Have fun!

As many have mentioned, dont send delicate items to be washed. Cant help you with the cost of Carnival doing it for you. Our only experience with doing our own laundry was on our Hawaii cruise.We had to wait on a long line. Took all morning to wash and dry. There was a lady in front of us hogging two washers and two dryers. As you say, your an early riser, for just two items I would go early and give it a try.

We use the laundry service frequently & have used the self service laundry room on the Dream. They have a by the bag option, It may be $15-20 for all you can fit in a paper bag. The bags are not very big in my opinion, but we've put in a couple pairs of jeans/shorts (rolled up) + 4-5 t shirts + several pairs of undies & socks. Like others have said: don't send your good stuff, but for t shirts, polos, jeans, shorts, the service is nice & convenient

Can't answer about the dry dock, but we like the pillows. And there are several on the bed to choose from.

Enjoy the Dream, we love that ship..