Harmony of the Seas: Booking Specialty Dining Package Onboard

tx121

For anyone who has sailed on the Harmony of the Seas recently, do they sell the 3 night, 4 night, or 5 night specialty dining packages onboard or is it just through the cruise planner online?

I am traveling with a large group of 11 people and half the group booked directly through RCL and the other half with a travel agency. Because of this, I am not allowed to link our reservations together to book the dining packages which is frustrating. I tried calling the customer service but they couldn't give me a definitive answer. I was also told that if I book online, RCL chooses your first specialty restaurant for you on Day 1 or Day 2. If my party books separately we run the chance of not eating at the same restaurant.

This is all so confusing and frustrating. If anyone has any advice, I appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

For anyone who has sailed on the Harmony of the Seas recently, do they sell the 3 night, 4 night, or 5 night specialty dining packages onboard or is it just through the cruise planner online?

I am traveling with a large group of 11 people and half the group booked directly through RCL and the other half with a travel agency. Because of this, I am not allowed to link our reservations together to book the dining packages which is frustrating. I tried calling the customer service but they couldn't give me a definitive answer. I was also told that if I book online, RCL chooses your first specialty restaurant for you on Day 1 or Day 2. If my party books separately we run the chance of not eating at the same restaurant.

This is all so confusing and frustrating. If anyone has any advice, I appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

With all dining packages and on all ships what is offered through the cruise planner may differ from what is offered on board. There is no way to know for sure what will be offered on board until you step on the ship.

While it is true that Royal does pick the first restaurant for you, you may change this once you are on board.

I would suggest booking ahead of time and then just going to the specialty restaurant once you board and make any changes to get your party at the same restaurant and time.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On our Harmony cruise over Thanksgiving, there were no dining packages offered as most the specialty restaurants were booked up online. Usually they are falling over themselves trying to see dining packages. We checked at several restaurants and there was nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You should be able to link the reservations regardless... just have the TA call in and link to you and you call RCL and allow them to link the others...

If you are willing to pay for everyone you can easily do it through the cruise planner. There is a button to 'Add Guest' you just need to need their last name and reservation number. I was able to add my whole group this way.

• 3 months later...

How did that work out for you in the end? I am with a party of 6 and purchased the all inclusive package for speciality but can't get times either and was told I had to do that on the ship(Harmony). I'm hoping it's not too difficult to get them on the ship. I was trying to plan well in advance almost 100 days out, but was told not possible with packages to make advance reservations. Any input on how you made out. Thanks

They offered 3 specialty restaurants for $89USD when I was on board. Actually it was either 89 or 99, I can't remember for certain.

This was on the April 22nd sailing.

You could pick all three restaurants that you wanted, and what days they were. I didn't choose this option because I think Specialty Dining is pointless, but if it's the thing for you, then it's a decently affordable option.

We chose to pay full price and lock in our days and times for the specialty restaurants, don't want to be told where to dine the first evening (although was told if you go very early upon boarding perhaps you can make the change if its available) and what time.....with over 6k passengers, I not going to chance the risk of having to eat in the MDR, the few extra dollars is worth every penny and I don't have to go make my reservations at the restaurants when I board, a lot easier too.

It is a good value for those who want to save money and are more flexible with the days and times.

I saw on my cruise planner yesterday a BOGO 1 night specialty restaurant offer. Today I can't find it. Does it just come and go? Or am I just seeing things. [emoji848]

Yes, the sales come and go.

The 3 to 5 night was offered on boarding day for the same price. The 5 night disappeared on my cruise planner several weeks prior to sailing. However, times were very early and very late. Middle times were pretty booked up....even to change existing rez made prior.