Carnival obc shareholder UK application

majortom10

Anyone applied for OBC benefit recently for Carnival shareholders in the UK for a Princess cruise departing and returning to UK. Cannot seem to find anything on Princess website after searching for ages don't know if I am searching in wrong place. Do know from past experience that for UK cruisers they seem to make the benefit application very difficult.

Did mine yesterday, I will try and find a link for the form

Has it been granted because that states it is only for cruises in 2016. It is a similar form that I saw when I had trouble getting my benefit last time I cruised with Princess. It states that the share certificate must not be dated more than 3 months before the cruise date which is an impossible task because my share certificate is dated from when I bought my shares years ago and you never renew it so according to the form is useless.

Has it been granted because that states it is only for cruises in 2016. It is a similar form that I saw when I had trouble getting my benefit last time I cruised with Princess. It states that the share certificate must not be dated more than 3 months before the cruise date which is an impossible task because my share certificate is dated from when I bought my shares years ago and you never renew it so according to the form is useless.

If a broker holds your shares (mine are held by Halifax Sharedealing Services and you have an online account, you can get a copy of your current holding with them and it should come up with today's date. That is proof that you still have them and haven't sold them.

The first time, I think I rang broker and they sorted it out for me but it was then much easier to set up an online account. You can then just screenshot and email that to Princess.

Emailed mine a few days ago. Used to get a confirmation reply, but last year when I chased it up, they said they don't send confirmation to your email any more but it should be in your planner and you should get a confirmation from you travel agent (I didn't).

I follow the same procedure with P&O but obviously send to different email addresses.

Tracey

If a broker holds your shares (mine are held by Halifax Sharedealing Services and you have an online account, you can get a copy of your current holding with them and it should come up with today's date. That is proof that you still have them and haven't sold them.

The first time, I think I rang broker and they sorted it out for me but it was then much easier to set up an online account. You can then just screenshot and email that to Princess.

Emailed mine a few days ago. Used to get a confirmation reply, but last year when I chased it up, they said they don't send confirmation to your email any more but it should be in your planner and you should get a confirmation from you travel agent (I didn't).

I follow the same procedure with P&O but obviously send to different email addresses.

Tracey

That's the problem I do not have a broker only a share certificate.

. Cannot seem to find anything on Princess website after searching for ages don't know if I am searching in wrong place. .

Yes, you are looking in the wrong place.

The benefit is granted from Carnival Corp (CCL) which issues the stock. So, if you go to http://www.carnivalcorp.com >Investor Relations>Shareholder Information>Shareholder Benefit, you will find a whole page of directions, addresses, etc, etc that will guide you to success when requesting the benefit. :D

Note: the form is nice, but not required.

Edited by thinfool

Sitting in France waiting for a ferry, but have a copy of my standard e-mail at home which includes all the information on the form and the correct email address. It always works very quickly.

I attach a redacted copy of my brokers statement to that e-mail. Never a problem.

I will post the text of the email and the address tomorrow. (Won't be home until 23h00 tonight)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Sitting in France waiting for a ferry, but have a copy of my standard e-mail at home which includes all the information on the form and the correct email address. It always works very quickly.

I attach a redacted copy of my brokers statement to that e-mail. Never a problem.

I will post the text of the email and the address tomorrow. (Won't be home until 23h00 tonight)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Like I have said before I do not have a broker so do not get broker's statement so cannot send that all I have is a share certificate and want to know how those in the UK in a similar position apply for shareholder benefit.

Like I have said before I do not have a broker so do not get broker's statement so cannot send that all I have is a share certificate and want to know how those in the UK in a similar position apply for shareholder benefit.

The link I provided has instructions for submitting a copy of your shares certificate and the UK address.

What happens to your dividends? Can that act as proof? You could email Princess and ask what they need as there must be lots of people in the same position.

Benefits@princesscruises.co.uk

Who did you buy the shares through? The company I bought mine through are where I get my proof of ownership from. Could you set up an online account iwth them so it is easy to do in the future? Not sure how shares work so not sure how tricky or possible this would be. Only bought these for the OBC benefits.

Tracey

Edited by jones721

Sorry, I understood that you didn't have a broker, but thought that others had already explained the way around that and it was only a matter of what you attached to the email. The time limit is only an issue for brokers forms as you send the share certificate back when you sell it so if you have a certificate it is current.

Dividend certificate are dated, but if you haven't got one and you are at all worried about them knowing the share certificate is current, then scan your share certificate alongside a current daily newspaper.

I offered to post my standard email as there is sometimes some confusion on the boards as, unlike the Southampton office, the US office does not accept email applications (only posted or faxed applications).

As a result, very often when UK clients ask questions on this subject, someone comes on and tells them they can't email their application which is not correct information for UK clients.

My offer to post my email was intended to head off any such posts, but I am now assuming that as the only matter you were concerned with was the nature of the supporting documentation, you don't need a copy of my email or the UK shareholder benefits email address.

Kindest

CM

Edited by Corfe Mixture

What happens to your dividends? Can that act as proof? You could email Princess and ask what they need as there must be lots of people in the same position.

Benefits@princesscruises.co.uk

Who did you buy the shares through? The company I bought mine through are where I get my proof of ownership from. Could you set up an online account iwth them so it is easy to do in the future? Not sure how shares work so not sure how tricky or possible this would be. Only bought these for the OBC benefits.

Tracey

My dividends are automatically paid into my bank account by Carnival and purchased them that long ago haven't got a clue who I used to purchase them.

The link I provided has instructions for submitting a copy of your shares certificate and the UK address.

Yes I have seen that but it says share certificates should be no older than 3 months prior to start of the cruise and nobody renews share certificates on a regular basis because of the cost implication.

OK I am in the same position as you. I have enquirers via Princess, in Southampton. They require a copy of my share dividend conformation from Carnival. They have asked for a photo copy of that document. The last one I have is dated 16th December 2016.

They want a hard copy therefore a letter. I assume after that a simple email will do as with P&O as they will then have the shareholder reference and therefore can check if you still own the shares. That is the way it seems to work with P&O.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by daiB

My dividends are automatically paid into my bank account by Carnival and purchased them that long ago haven't got a clue who I used to purchase them.

Even if your dividends are paid directly into your bank account, you should receive a dividend certificate from Carnival for tax purposes.

Yes I have seen that but it says share certificates should be no older than 3 months prior to start of the cruise and nobody renews share certificates on a regular basis because of the cost implication.

You must have a different internet than I have. Carnival Corp. Shareholder Benefit has no statement of "older than" anywhere on the information page.

The only time limit specified is that the request should be made no later than two weeks prior to sail date.

You must have a different internet than I have. Carnival Corp. Shareholder Benefit has no statement of "older than" anywhere on the information page.

The only time limit specified is that the request should be made no later than two weeks prior to sail date.

In the UK, it states that proof of ownership should be submitted no earlier than 3 months before sailing. That way, they know that you still own the shares at the 90 day point although i did read somewhere, that if you submitted it earlier, they would hold it on file until the 90 day point. Don't know where I read this and it contradicts the proof of ownership at 3 months.

The dividend dated 16th December should suffice, shouldn't it? Email the address that I posted earlier and ask for adivce. I would be interested to know what they tell you. I think the person who normally deals with mine is called Charlie.