Boatyard questions

hishorselover

Boatyard includes a chair/umbrella (first come), one drink, a 1/2h turtle excursion 2min away down the shore, and taxi ride back to port INCLUDED in the price. I don't drink and neither do my kids of course, so my wife ended up with 4 drink tickets lol.

See my sig youtube vid when we reach Barbados 5:25, you'll see how it looks. You just need to pay for the cab ride there $5, it's close to the port. Usual cruise herds, beach is powdery, water is nice/clear. Beware of sea lice on the ropes in the play structures, instantly itchy, rub with lime is a quick remedy and works.

Interestingly, our friends who bought the expensive turtle excursion through RC were 500ft away, same beach, although they were given more time in the water.

Boatyard includes a chair/umbrella (first come), one drink, a 1/2h turtle excursion 2min away down the shore, and taxi ride back to port INCLUDED in the price. I don't drink and neither do my kids of course, so my wife ended up with 4 drink tickets lol.

See my sig youtube vid when we reach Barbados 5:25, you'll see how it looks. You just need to pay for the cab ride there $5, it's close to the port. Usual cruise herds, beach is powdery, water is nice/clear. Beware of sea lice on the ropes in the play structures, instantly itchy, rub with lime is a quick remedy and works.

Interestingly, our friends who bought the expensive turtle excursion through RC were 500ft away, same beach, although they were given more time in the water.

Great video, very informative, thanks for sharing!!

Thanks Joshua! Loved your video! I do think this is the route we want to take. My husband is not a "hang out at the beach" all day kind of person so I'm struggling to figure this day out. Swimming with the turtles is must. Who knows...he just may enjoy it since the water there is vastly different from our NH coastline!

We loved the boatyard and had a great day there. You can't beat a "free" ride out to the turtles with them. If you're interested in more pictures of the place, I have tons of them in my signature line under my review.

Thanks Mitsugirly! Fantastic review and incredible pictures!!

Thanks Mitsugirly! Fantastic review and incredible pictures!!

Thanks and glad you liked them. If you do decide to go there, I hope you enjoy your day as much as we did. Also just know that your "admission" price includes a free ride back to the ships as well. :)

• 1 month later...
We loved the boatyard and had a great day there. You can't beat a "free" ride out to the turtles with them. If you're interested in more pictures of the place, I have tons of them in my signature line under my review.

I hope you don't mind another question! My husband wants to visit Harrisons Cave in the morning. Do you know if it is possible to get into The Boatyard in the afternoon and if so do they offer the swim with turtles in the afternoon? I'm wondering if the morning crowd leaves early afternoon. Thanks for your input!

I hope you don't mind another question! My husband wants to visit Harrisons Cave in the morning. Do you know if it is possible to get into The Boatyard in the afternoon and if so do they offer the swim with turtles in the afternoon? I'm wondering if the morning crowd leaves early afternoon. Thanks for your input!

Hopefully someone else can answer your question. I don't know anything about Harrisons Cave or the location to the Boatyard. As the day goes by, it does get a little more crowded with more people coming. But the day we were there, they old us that they had tours going out at different times and gave us the option. I wanted to make sure we got to go before it got crowded on the beach, so we just told them the earliest tour and I really didn't pay attention to the actual "times" that they were giving. I did hear them announce for other people to come get on the boat during the day but really didn't pay much attention.

Boatyard is great!

Check out their website which will answer your questions ....

http://www.theboatyard.com

Hi!

We had decided to spend the day at the boatyard. But the homepage does not work, can't open it. Is that just a technical thing? Or is the club closed???

Please help me , can anyone tell me whats going on?

Thank you!

Does anyone know what is going on the The Boatyard's website? Has not been working for at least 2 weeks when I've been trying to show it off to a friend. I hope it's just the website and not an issue with the boatyard itself.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Sorry, did not read all the way down.

So we are on the same cruise and having the same problem...:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Beware of sea lice on the ropes in the play structures, instantly itchy, rub with lime is a quick remedy and works.

Thank you for sharing this information!! I had read about guests having this reaction, but the poster didn't share the reason, or the remedy.

• 2 weeks later...

We've to the boatyard many times. We did do the free turtle trip. in November. My mobility isn't the greatest so when we got back to the pier I found the departure too scary for this big body with 2 fake knees. So I got permission to dive in and swim the short distance back to the beach. Went under the ropes and the sea lice found me. When I went to sit down on the lounge I felt tiny stings. Just then they made an announcement to beware of the lice and if stung they had the solution. So I went up and received a vinegar bath via a spray bottle that calmed the stingers. Had a little discomfort for awhile but nothing that made our day on the beach wonderful. Oh, if you really want to see the turtles go early and sign-up as soon as you get there because by the afternoon the turtles are well fed and not so interested in coming around.