Princess WI-FI options . . .

balanceok

Its been several years since we cruised on Princess, but we've booked a couple of upcoming cruises and I have a questions about purchasing a WI-FI plan.

On the Princess website, I can't find any options to purchase WI-FI. I see a link for drink plans, excursion, etc, but nothing for WI-FI.

What am I missing?

From the Gifts and Services catalog (select Internet & In-Cabin Calling):

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Internet Access

Perfect for those who like to stay in touch or need to manage their affairs on a daily basis in order to put their minds at ease. Help a passenger relax and fully enjoy their Princess vacation by giving them Internet access for news, information and web-based email.

120 minutes

Item #6038 – $69.00

(This package includes 100 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 20 bonus minutes)

240 minutes

Item #6039 – $99.00

(This package includes 200 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 40 bonus minutes)

460 minutes

Item #6302 – $159.00

(This package includes 400 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 60 bonus minutes)

680 minutes

Item #6301 – $199.00

(This package includes 600 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 80 bonus minutes)

All prices include account activation fee. Gifts are subject to availability. All prices are quoted in USD and are subject to change without notice. No other onboard bonuses are applicable.

Not sure if you can currently order them directly through the personalizer

Just be aware that the Internet connection is s...l...o...w...

If you plan to do much online get more minutes than you thought you would need. Be sure to compose email offline then log on and send it and log off again. Get your mail and read it offline as well. Above all - be certain you have logged out properly or all of your minutes will vanish like smoke. (If this happens speak with the Internet manager to have your time restored. If it's pretty obvious this was the problem it won't be an issue to get your minutes back. If you just use up all of your minutes doing "stuff" don't expect them to be restored.)

Its been several years since we cruised on Princess, but we've booked a couple of upcoming cruises and I have a questions about purchasing a WI-FI plan.

On the Princess website, I can't find any options to purchase WI-FI. I see a link for drink plans, excursion, etc, but nothing for WI-FI.

What am I missing?

From your cruise history it looks like you are at least Platinum which means, depending on the length of your cruise, you will get a free minutes package. Also, sometimes there is a special "buy on the first day" special where you get extra minutes if you buy a package on the first day of the cruise. We have never needed the extra minutes because my wife never uses her's so I get both of the free minute packages.

7 days and less 150 minutes

8 to 20 days 250 minutes

21+ days 500 minutes

BTW, Thrak's advice is spot on.

Edited by ar1950

From your cruise history it looks like you are at least Platinum which means, depending on the length of your cruise, you will get a free minutes package. Also, sometimes there is a special "buy on the first day" special where you get extra minutes if you buy a package on the first day of the cruise. We have never needed the extra minutes because my wife never uses her's so I get both of the free minute packages.

8 to 20 days 250 minutes

21+ days 500 minutes

If you purchase the package pre-cruise, you get twice the number of extra minutes.

8 to 20 days 250 minutes

21+ days 500 minutes

BTW, Thrak's advice is spot on.

Yes, as posted above it appears with 9 Princess cruises you are Platinum status. This means that when you log on there will be an option to purchase mins. according to the above at zero cost to you. Since you state 'we' assume you are a couple. If both have at least 5 Princess cruises then both receive the free mins. For example, if you are on a 7 day cruise and both are platinum then each will receive 150 mins.

Yes, as posted above it appears with 9 Princess cruises you are Platinum status. This means that when you log on there will be an option to purchase mins. according to the above at zero cost to you. Since you state 'we' assume you are a couple. If both have at least 5 Princess cruises then both receive the free mins. For example, if you are on a 7 day cruise and both are platinum then each will receive 150 mins.

Two caveats with this. First, they will give you more options than just the free one, so make sure you select that one. Second, sign up for both people's on the first day, even if you are only using one at a time. Sometimes the second person's free option disappears later in the cruise (but the manager can fix this). If on a back to back second cruise the free option doesn't show up until you use up the minutes from the first cruise. Changing cabins can mess this up, which again the manager can fix.

It really is a great benefit. On our next cruise my wife and I will each receive 500 minutes at no additional cost.