Clothes for Caribbean in March???

SeaNStars4Me

I'm going on a cruise to the Caribbean (Cozumel, Roatan, Guatamala, Costa Maya) in mid-March, leaving from Tampa, Florida. When I went to the Caribbean in June it was hot....hot....hot...both on the ship and in the ports BUT in March, I'm guessing it will be cooler than during the summer. For that trip, I packed shorts, blousy tops and thin dresses with cardigans to go over them. Wondering of anyone has suggestions for what to bring for the March cruise? Thanks!

Aside from adding a couple of longer pants and longer-sleeved tops...there's really no reason to make a big change in your wardrobe. The difference in temperature (with extreme exceptions of course) should be minimal. It's always warm in the Caribbean.:D

I see you are in Tampa...

I lived in Houston and took a March 11-17 cruise out of Galveston to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. I was so happy that I brought a light weight hoodie! I used it A LOT more than I thought I would, especially around the ship. It rained on the day of embarkation and that was the only reason that I had it. If you plan to bring a cardigan...I think you will be fine. I'm the kind of person that is fine with shorts and a hoodie...and like to have more coverage up top for keeping warm.

I can only say that the weather wasn't much warmer than Houston...being in Tampa, I don't think it'll be much warmer than Tampa as that has weather similar to Houston. The difference was that on deck, especially in the evening...with the wind...it felt much cooler to me. And on the ship, the typical over compensation with air conditioning was happening. It's a funny situation, but if you are used to living in a warmer area, then you might actually feel a bit chilled at times on the ship and in the evening...not enough to break out serious layers, but enough to want a little something more.

During the day and in the sunshine...wear what you normally would and are planning. I was wearing summer clothes, but not the super lightweight summer clothes, often with my hoodie!:D

By the time you get to the islands it should be warm to hot. I don't think we've ever seen temps under 70 in the Caribbean; we usually cruise in Dec. or Jan; I'd think March would be warmer.

It could be cooler your first and last day from Tampa, of course; it was pretty cool when we sailed from Galveston in December once, (I'm sure Tampa is normally warmer) and on the last day back.

I always have needed summer clothes during the day but I also always take at least a light jacket and a cardigan for cooler nights and/or air conditioning that's a little too conditioned!