Aqua Class

GStonelake

Last cruised Aqua Class in Jan 2014. At that time we received welcome sparkling wine, fresh flowers, daily fruit, daily canapés, daily water, daily tea, along with all the spa amenities, and of course Blu. We are cruising Aqua Class again in Nov and have read that things have changed. What has gone by the way side?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You now get only 2 bottles of water per STAY, not day. You get the tea every day (we asked for ice water and got it), sparkling wine was not in the cabin but when we met our steward she asked when we wanted it. Canapes we asked for (and got) every day. One rose a couple of days in. 3 green apples for the duration (we never ate one).

We got off the ship last Saturday, so this is pretty current. We got two bottles of water when we arrived. We also got them about every-other day. Our steward said he was doing us a favor, but we had the Classic beverage package so we could have gotten them anyway. We also had a bottle of champagne when we arrived.

We got fruit at the start. They replaced each piece we ate along the way.

Flavored water or tea every day. Canapes every afternoon. We never saw any flowers (and there were 8 of us in 4 cabins).

Spa amenities, or course. And that shower... ;-)

And, of course, Blu.

Actually the one thing we REALLY appreciated was the early boarding. We practically had the ship to ourselves for more than 30 minutes. It was a great time to get the lay of the land.

Hi DianaLee. So you can get on the ships early if you are Aqua class? Thanks!

Don't know what the previous poster is speaking of with early boarding but that is not a perk of Aqua Class unless very, very new. The only thing they have always had was a separate line at check in, sometimes the other lines are shorter.

Last cruised Aqua Class in Jan 2014. At that time we received welcome sparkling wine, fresh flowers, daily fruit, daily canapés, daily water, daily tea, along with all the spa amenities, and of course Blu. We are cruising Aqua Class again in Nov and have read that things have changed. What has gone by the way side?

We sailed on Reflection in Aqua Class last September and did not receive daily water or fresh flowers. We did receive canapés each day - and the shrimp cocktail I requested on day 1 was treated as a daily item by our room steward - plus flavored tea and fruit. We enjoyed the spa amenities and use of the Persian Garden. Loved dining in Blu and enjoyed the special shower in our cabin.

Am going to miss Aqua Class on our next few cruises. Am hoping that the cost of Aqua Class drops enough that I can justify the move but am not counting on it. Will just have to be satisfied with the oversized balcony and being my own shower gel.

We sailed LAST WEEK. We not only had a shorter line, but we were on the ship for at least 30 minutes (and probably longer - we had walked around and were nearly done eating) before the other line let anyone on board. I don't know if it's new or not, just that that was our experience a week ago.

Have a great trip!

Went by the wayside some time ago [it's perhaps been several years now]...

Some Captain's Club members--I do not believe all but could be wrong--receive a single red rose in a bud vase, often accompanied by a card from the onboard Captain's Club Host[ess]--regardless of stateroom category... I am not certain but think that the gesture may be limited to those guests who have attained Elite, Elite Plus, or Zenith membership tier in Captain's Club...

We sailed LAST WEEK. We not only had a shorter line, but we were on the ship for at least 30 minutes (and probably longer - we had walked around and were nearly done eating) before the other line let anyone on board. I don't know if it's new or not, just that that was our experience a week ago.

Have a great trip!

I'm not doubting you but it has never been the policy. My guess is it was a fluke and not something to be expected on every cruise.

We were in Aqua Class last summer.

When we got to the pier there were long lines for security. They had closed the line for Aqua class/suites and were using it for wedding groups since there were 3 on board weddings that day.

Priority check in..as noted, the lines can be longer than regular check in.

Sparkling wine in stateroom upon arrival. Fresh fruits and a rose bud.

2 bottles of water for the cruise

Daily tea

Daily canapes IF you completed the request card that came with the previous day tray.

Slippers, lip balm ... and bath products replenished regularly

Use of umbrella and binoculars.

We were in AQ on Silhouette a couple of weeks ago. I think the procedure is different depending on what particular pier you are leaving from, but that cruise they were triaging people at the front door, directing you to whatever line is shortest for your category (we were elite and AQ, and the AQ line was shorter - so short we had NO wait, and walked right up to the Agent.

Then, and I think this is what someone mentioned, after we were processed and had our Sea Pass Cards, AQ and Suites (and I'm not sure who else) were directed up the escalator to a separate waiting room (while most people stayed below at a different waiting room). We were called to board almost immediately (this was around 11 or so), suites first, then us, so I know we were first on board (since no other group came up the escalator and passed us).

I've been at other piers at Ft. Lauderdale that did not do this, so as I said, with so many piers I think it just depends on the set-up at the one you are at.

We got off the ship last Saturday, so this is pretty current. We got two bottles of water when we arrived. We also got them about every-other day. Our steward said he was doing us a favor, but we had the Classic beverage package so we could have gotten them anyway. We also had a bottle of champagne when we arrived.

Just to let people know, the classic beverage package does not entitle you to "extra" water brought to you by the room steward.

No beverage package covers in cabin drinks or bottled water.

The room steward did indeed do you a favor by bringing you more.

The Aqua class amenity of 2 bottles of water a day has changed to 2 bottles at the beginning of the cruise.

You can stockpile water in your cabin that you pick up at any of the bars, but if you ask for water, a drink, or beer to be delivered to your cabin, in most cases you will be charged for it.

The only cabins that receive unlimited water/soda/beer are Royal Suites or the Penthouse.

Great to hear that changes have been minimal ... sad to hear that they no longer deliver water to rooms. We tend to use gym daily and the water delivery was very convenient.

If you have a drink package, just pick up a bottle of water at any bar on your way to the gym.

The only cabins that receive unlimited water/soda/beer are Royal Suites or the Penthouse.[/color][/size][/font]

If you're in a sky or celebrity suite AND HAVE A BEVERAGE PACKAGE your butler will deliver daily water, beer and soda to your room. Not wine or spirits though.

This is handy as you don't need to waste time collecting them from bars to stockpile etc.

If you're in a sky or celebrity suite AND HAVE A BEVERAGE PACKAGE your butler will deliver daily water, beer and soda to your room. Not wine or spirits though.

This is handy as you don't need to waste time collecting them from bars to stockpile etc.

That is not true, the beverage packages cannot be used for in room service.

The only suites that have the amenity of unlimited beer, soda and water in suite is the Royal and the Penthouse.

Sky suites and Celebrity suites do not have that amenity.

This is taken from the Celebrity website:

Your package can be used many places on the ship—in the Main Restaurant, any specialty restaurant, the casual dining restaurants and buffet, plus all bars and lounges. Beverage packages cannot be used at the in-stateroom mini bar, through Room Service, or at the Enomatic® wine-dispensing system in Cellar Masters.

That is not true, the beverage packages cannot be used for in room service.

The only suites that have the amenity of unlimited beer, soda and water in suite is the Royal and the Penthouse.

Sky suites and Celebrity suites do not have that amenity.

This is taken from the Celebrity website:

Your package can be used many places on the ship—in the Main Restaurant, any specialty restaurant, the casual dining restaurants and buffet, plus all bars and lounges. Beverage packages cannot be used at the in-stateroom mini bar, through Room Service, or at the Enomatic® wine-dispensing system in Cellar Masters.

I'm typing this from a sky suite. Two meters to my left is the fridge containing beer, soda and water placed there by our butler. It was he who offered to do this after I asked him to empty the mini bar.

This was also the case the last time we were in a sky suite on a different ship.

You've made that classic school boy error of believing the website is always correct! It is not... :)

I'm typing this from a sky suite. Two meters to my left is the fridge containing beer, soda and water placed there by our butler. It was he who offered to do this after I asked him to empty the mini bar.

This was also the case the last time we were in a sky suite on a different ship.

You've made that classic school boy error of believing the website is always correct! It is not... :)

Sorry, but what you in your fridge to the left of you is considered the mini-bar. If something is used from it, in all likelihood it will show up on a charge on a guests account. If you have taken items from there and not been charged, then you are lucky and the butler did you a favor.

Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites both have fully stocked mini-bars, but they certainly aren't free.

Again, the only suites that are entitled to free mini-bars are Royal Suites and Penthouse suites.

I don't make errors, you've just been lucky not to be charged.

Sorry, but what you in your fridge to the left of you is considered the mini-bar. If something is used from it, in all likelihood it will show up on a charge on a guests account. If you have taken items from there and not been charged, then you are lucky and the butler did you a favor.

Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites both have fully stocked mini-bars, but they certainly aren't free.

Again, the only suites that are entitled to free mini-bars are Royal Suites and Penthouse suites.

You've made an error this time.

The mini bar was emptied at our request. The butler asked what package we had and then he stated he could stock with beer, water and soda from our premium package but not wine or spirits and that we would not be charged.

This has happened on our previous two SS cruises. Our friends next door have been extended the same courtesy.

It's true that Penthouse and Royal suites come with inclusive mini bar and that CS and SS do not. But as I deliberately highlighted in bold you can have your mini bar restocked with certain items if in an SS or CS.

If you pay attention to the detail written above you'll understand the subtle differences to what is written in on the website and what CS and SS guests with beverage packages can experience at their request.

Again, the only suites that are entitled to free mini-bars are Royal Suites and Penthouse suites.I don't make errors,

Also, the Reflection Suite and the Signature Suites. :)

I'm not doubting you but it has never been the policy. My guess is it was a fluke and not something to be expected on every cruise.

I believe you are correct. We sail Aqua and when checking in, we are often directed to the shortest line which could be in any category. There has been no early entry for Aqua.

Concerning the bottle water, just got off the Reflection last week and my steward every day kept adding new bottles of water every day. Surprised me because the last 2 cruises we took in the last 18 months it was just 2 for the duration. Since I did not have a drink package I was happy it was back to the old policy.

Went by the wayside some time ago [it's perhaps been several years now]...

Some Captain's Club members--I do not believe all but could be wrong--receive a single red rose in a bud vase, often accompanied by a card from the onboard Captain's Club Host[ess]--regardless of stateroom category... I am not certain but think that the gesture may be limited to those guests who have attained Elite, Elite Plus, or Zenith membership tier in Captain's Club...

Everything the OP mentioned is still in place except fresh flowers, Haven't had those for the past two years.

Now that is funny, even when proved wrong some people just can never be wrong!

LOL