Booked a bargain flight - can airline cancel if it's an error?

mexico8

I booked a really cheap flight to Venice, Italy on an airline web site. The price was only $260 each for a one-way flight to Venice from an American city. I think it must be a mistake and I wonder if the airline can cancel it or charge me more money. I have paid for the two tickets already on my credit card and received an e-mail confirming the flight.

I want to be able to sleep nights and not wonder about it. The flight is only in November. Any advice would be appreciated.:confused:

I booked a really cheap flight to Venice, Italy on an airline web site. The price was only $260 each for a one-way flight to Venice from an American city. I think it must be a mistake and I wonder if the airline can cancel it or charge me more money. I have paid for the two tickets already on my credit card and received an e-mail confirming the flight.

I want to be able to sleep nights and not wonder about it. The flight is only in November. Any advice would be appreciated.:confused:

Yes, they can cancel your booking.

Question is, will they?

Over the last few days, the legacy airlines have been engaged in a fare war for European flights throughout the rest of the year. Many routes have come in priced below $500, so your bargain fare is most likely one of those great deals you were fortunate to snag. Enjoy!!

There's a difference between a bargain fare and a mistake fare.

Yes, airlines can and do cancel tickets for mistake fares.

Why so cryptic? You can name the airline and departure city. You've provided so little information that this is about all I can tell you.

There's a difference between a bargain fare and a mistake fare.

Yes, airlines can and do cancel tickets for mistake fares.

Why so cryptic? You can name the airline and departure city. You've provided so little information that this is about all I can tell you.

I didn't want all kinds of people trying to book the same fare and cause the airline to change the amount because of all the demand. Trying to lay low as they say and hope it all works out okay.

I didn't want all kinds of people trying to book the same fare and cause the airline to change the amount because of all the demand.

You already have your ticket, so why does it matter if they change the price? I (and others I'm sure) am curious to see if the price still exists.

it matters because airlines may cancel mistake fares.

Your cruise is in Nov, correct? I see some low one way fares, US-VCE on TAP from many east coast cities. Round trips under $456 from JFK for some Nov. dates.

Edited by 6rugrats

I didn't want all kinds of people trying to book the same fare and cause the airline to change the amount because of all the demand. Trying to lay low as they say and hope it all works out okay.

This makes as much sense as "Tuesday night at 1am, but only when there is a full moon and a clear sky"

it matters because airlines may cancel mistake fares.

Your cruise is in Nov, correct? I see some low one way fares, US-VCE on TAP from many east coast cities. Round trips under $456 from JFK for some Nov. dates.

The TAP site is not available right now so I can't check if the price is still the same as what I paid. I feel better that you found the round trip for $456 for some November dates. That's the airline and I am flying with in November so I guess it's not an error.

I still have to fly from Ottawa to Boston to get the flight and I am looking for something now. I hope I can get a good deal for my return flight from Buenos Aires at the end of November, but I don't think it will be nearly as good as the flight I got to Venice.

Thanks to all who replied.

TAP has several weeks of fares to European destinations that are aggressively lower than other carriers.

So I would say that you are safe. Have a grea trip!