Swapping out Platinum member in 'newbie' cabin

mygreyhound66

Greetings - I am hoping that someone can chime in and help me out. Myself and DH have booked 2 cabins for a summer family cruise. (son, daughter-in-law and grandson)

The two of us are platinum members and the kids are not, they are seasoned cruisers but not on Norwegian. In reviewing the tier benefits today, I thought it would be a good idea to swap out my husband and son in the cabins (in name only).

Can anyone let me know if they have successfully done this! Many thanks to all...........

You can do it, and it will get you two extra dinners and whatever other Platinum perks are per stateroom now. If you are shareholders with both of your names on your brokerage account, I believe you can also apply for shareholder OBC for both cabins using the same 100 shares :)

On embarkation day, the easiest thing to do is ask for an extra keycard for each room. Whoever is booked in the "wrong" room will need to carry around 2 cards for the duration of the cruise, so keep that in mind when you decide exactly who to book where.

You can definitely do it. One of my favorite memories of cruising is one year we took my sons and a group of their friends on a cruise which we were also bringing several of our employees on. Our boys and their friends were all between 19 and 21 so there was an age problem in the rooms so we split everybody up and every room had a 40 or 50 something year old man and 20 year old girl or a 40 or 50 year old woman and a 20 year old guy. Check in was a blast!!!! The comments and looks were hilarious and those young guys in our group had a field day with it. Once through check in we all had to settle back down and dance with the one that brought us but it has been a fun memory every time I think of it.

I have a similar question and want to verify information. I am getting ready to book two cabins on the NCL Pearl for 2018. My wife and I would be in one cabin and two daughters and one of their friends in the other. My wife does not drink and the three kids are all over 25 YO. So ...

I would like to have the 4 free drinking packages (two per cabin) go to myself and the three kids. I figured I would book the reservations with my wife in the other room as the third person. Thus, the four "drinkers" each get the drinking program and I will gladly buy my wife whatever drink she wants. I suspect that once we board, we can go to guest services and get our rooms changed so I actually get to sleep with my wife during the cruise.

My wife and I are both platinum so the additional dinner would count too. But the main purpose is to properly use our 4 free drinking programs. Does this sound like a solid plan? Thanks for all of the help.

I have a similar question and want to verify information. I am getting ready to book two cabins on the NCL Pearl for 2018. My wife and I would be in one cabin and two daughters and one of their friends in the other. My wife does not drink and the three kids are all over 25 YO. So ...

I would like to have the 4 free drinking packages (two per cabin) go to myself and the three kids. I figured I would book the reservations with my wife in the other room as the third person. Thus, the four "drinkers" each get the drinking program and I will gladly buy my wife whatever drink she wants. I suspect that once we board, we can go to guest services and get our rooms changed so I actually get to sleep with my wife during the cruise.

My wife and I are both platinum so the additional dinner would count too. But the main purpose is to properly use our 4 free drinking programs. Does this sound like a solid plan? Thanks for all of the help.

This is definitely the way to do it. Anytime you book 3 adults in a room you can tell them the two you want to get the perks.

Yep, can definitely do this. Don't know that you could 'change' your rooms onboard but you can easily get a second room key to each room so people can sleep where they like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums