Cash vs credit card in Sydney and NZ

I would probably go for a concourse 2 ticket unless they forecast rain, in which case a grandstand ticket is better.

Price Per Ticket/Item?

Best available (Any price category)

• From $15.00
  • Grandstand - Category 1
    From $34.00
  • Grandstand - Category 2
    From $30.00
  • Grandstand - Category 3
    From $23.00
  • Grandstand - Category 4
    From $22.00
  • Concourse - Category 1
    From $23.00
  • Concourse - Category 2
    From $22.00
  • Concourse - Category 3
    From $19.00
  • Alcohol Free Area
    From $15.00
  • General Admission
    From $15.00

Hi Mic

Wow, this is very helpful, thank you. Can you tel me he difference between grandstand cat 1 and 2? Love that the forecast is drying out, I hope you all don't need more rain!

I am very down on our hotel helping us with tickets, so I may have to try the other options proposed. I could be completely wrong.

We are going, I just need to figure it out! And we will cheer for whichever team we are sitting with fans of!

ML

Hi Mic

Wow, this is very helpful, thank you. Can you tel me he difference between grandstand cat 1 and 2? Love that the forecast is drying out, I hope you all don't need more rain!

I am very down on our hotel helping us with tickets, so I may have to try the other options proposed. I could be completely wrong.

We are going, I just need to figure it out! And we will cheer for whichever team we are sitting with fans of!

ML

If you go into the link provided by Possum

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...x?sh=SWANS0117

Once you go in if you click on the different price categories it will show you where the sets are on an interactive map on the same page.

The "from prices" start with children so your adult tickets will be more.

You may have to set up an account with ticketek

Once you go in if you click on the different price categories it will show you where the sets are on an interactive map on the same page.

Yes Babsjo is correct, you will have to set up an account. I wrote my last post late last night (for me late) and was nearly dozing off so perhaps should have added more detail. The prices for adults are actually quite a lot more than shown in Mic's post. I would prefer a grandstand seat due the simple reason that if it is raining, like it is in Sydney at the moment, you will have some cover. The last game we attended at the SCG, we had seats in the open and of course it poured! We were all soaked even though we had plastic ponchos on.

Leigh

We are not too backwards here as you will find out on your wonderful tour to the downunder.

Very true, we even have colout tv, ( Black and White), have learnt how to use a Knife and Fork, and understand the News is all garbage. :)

If the hotel cannot help you, I am sure you can buy at the gate, I wouldn't worry about the people you sit with, they will be predominantly Sydney fans (Red and White) and while they may give you a bit of mouth if you are an opposition supporter, they rarely get out of hand.

If the hotel cannot help you, I am sure you can buy at the gate, I wouldn't worry about the people you sit with, they will be predominantly Sydney fans (Red and White) and while they may give you a bit of mouth if you are an opposition supporter, they rarely get out of hand.

Very true Mic, rarely do we have problems with opposition supporters. It is quite usual in Melbourne for friends wearing the colours of both teams sitting together enjoying the game. Public transport after the game can be very entertaining as opposition supporters engage in banter and quite often serious but civil conversations are conducted on all facets of the game by complete strangers.

Probably the only time we have encountered feral opposition supporters was at a final in Adelaide when my club played Port Power a few years ago.

As a regular swans attender just a heads up the GA beside By 25 is the diehard supporters.

If you wang to be undercover you need to be at the back of 26-31 or 11-13 Bay 25 is a bad choice because the rows only have access from one end.

The top bays, while undercover can still be quite wet at the front as the rain blows in

As a heads up on pricing, it often varies depending on who is playing........

Yes Babsjo is correct, you will have to set up an account. I wrote my last post late last night (for me late) and was nearly dozing off so perhaps should have added more detail. The prices for adults are actually quite a lot more than shown in Mic's post. I would prefer a grandstand seat due the simple reason that if it is raining, like it is in Sydney at the moment, you will have some cover. The last game we attended at the SCG, we had seats in the open and of course it poured! We were all soaked even though we had plastic ponchos on.

Leigh

Just saw these, after I used the link Leigh provided and signed up for an account! Now i will go to where SCG is compared to our hotel--I don't want to end up someplace really far away. Prices are a bit higher than Mic posted but still reasonable. Need to talk to the gang and see if everyone wants to go so I can get us tix together.

Thanks everyone

ML

Very true Mic, rarely do we have problems with opposition supporters. It is quite usual in Melbourne for friends wearing the colours of both teams sitting together enjoying the game. Public transport after the game can be very entertaining as opposition supporters engage in banter and quite often serious but civil conversations are conducted on all facets of the game by complete strangers.

Probably the only time we have encountered feral opposition supporters was at a final in Adelaide when my club played Port Power a few years ago.

We will cheer for whichever team has the most fans wherever we sit--assuming this will be the Swans!

ML

As a regular swans attender just a heads up the GA beside By 25 is the diehard supporters.

If you wang to be undercover you need to be at the back of 26-31 or 11-13 Bay 25 is a bad choice because the rows only have access from one end.

The top bays, while undercover can still be quite wet at the front as the rain blows in

As a heads up on pricing, it often varies depending on who is playing........

MrsWaldo

Thanks for these tips. Not quite sure what " back of 26-31 or 11-13 " means? Are these bays or rows? In GA? When I was poking around the ticketek site, it said they assign best seats available when make your selection for area, which seems we don't get to choose rows?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

ML

Just saw these, after I used the link Leigh provided and signed up for an account! Now i will go to where SCG is compared to our hotel--I don't want to end up someplace really far away. Prices are a bit higher than Mic posted but still reasonable. Need to talk to the gang and see if everyone wants to go so I can get us tix together.

Thanks everyone

ML

Yes, the prices I posted are from the website and I cut and pasted, as they are the 'from' prices, they would be the cheapest (ie kids prices) tickets. It was meant as a guide for price difference to differing seat categories. Once you pick the category you want, you can then get the adult pricing.

MrsWaldo

Thanks for these tips. Not quite sure what " back of 26-31 or 11-13 " means? Are these bays or rows? In GA? When I was poking around the ticketek site, it said they assign best seats available when make your selection for area, which seems we don't get to choose rows?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

ML

Yes,unfortunately ML you don't get to choose your row or seat ML, only the area/category you want. This is one of the reasons I don't like this website.

There will be many more Swans supporters than Port Power, so you will be a Swans supporter for the day!

Leigh

Cheer, cheer the red and the white.

I wish CC had a 'Like' button! There are so many posts I would love to just 'Like' and not make a comment to.

Even though I don't support the Swannies, I have a soft spot for them.

Leigh

I wish CC had a 'Like' button! There are so many posts I would love to just 'Like' and not make a comment to.

Leigh

Likewise, with the like button.

I have several teamsthat I favour but am not a member of any team.

• The Swans because they moved there from Melbourne when I lived in Sydney.
  • The Crows because I lived in Adelaide and then they won the two premierships while I was there.
  • Port because my boss in Adelaide used to paly for them and any SA team against a Victorian team is worth supporting.
  • The Giants as we apparently support them as a Canberra Team (ACT Government sponsorship to play games here).

Being here in Canberra, we get the giants games but I have only been to two games at Manuka Oval ever and one was before the even giants existed.

Yes,unfortunately ML you don't get to choose your row or seat ML, only the area/category you want. This is one of the reasons I don't like this website.

There will be many more Swans supporters than Port Power, so you will be a Swans supporter for the day!

Leigh

yes hate how you cant pick your seats i have rung and got front row its about only way you can , 132849 is the number i would have rung too got to get past all the computer talk to get to operator

Likewise, with the like button.

I have several teamsthat I favour but am not a member of any team.

• The Swans because they moved there from Melbourne when I lived in Sydney.
  • The Crows because I lived in Adelaide and then they won the two premierships while I was there.
  • Port because my boss in Adelaide used to paly for them and any SA team against a Victorian team is worth supporting.
  • The Giants as we apparently support them as a Canberra Team (ACT Government sponsorship to play games here).

Being here in Canberra, we get the giants games but I have only been to two games at Manuka Oval ever and one was before the even giants existed.

wont like me will you lol i am a hawk :D

Leigh

I so agree about the like button.

Not a huge AFL fan, but casually follow the Blues.

But have a soft spot for the two Sydney teams as I'm a New South Welshman.