Ovation in Auckland for Waitangi Day

Protest :p (at lest that what the Māori do!).

Apart from that, its just a long weekend for us.

We don't have any party's or anything like what Australia does.

Speak for yourself...:D:D Its a National Holiday.

Its all go up here.. Party Central today, the beach is full , barbies are roaring away , all having a great day , even Trumps putting in his phone call today to the PM . (Lets hope he gets his name right..:D)

Its just like Australia Day really. Lots of Citizen Ceremony's etc . The journos pander to a few hot heads as usual...just like they pander to the Noro outbreaks on ships. The rest of us just get on and have a great time here in Paradise .Probably play a few games of cricket as well...:):)

Jeez, looking at where she's anchored I'd hate to be trying to get back onboard on a tender during the late afternoon boatie rush hour. That part of the harbour used to be like a washing machine when I lived there 20 years ago, and I suspect it's even worse now. :eek:

Seasickness meds anyone? :D

Speak for yourself...:D:D Its a National Holiday.

Its all go up here.. Party Central today, the beach is full , barbies are roaring away , all having a great day , even Trumps putting in his phone call today to the PM . (Lets hope he gets his name right..:D)

Its just like Australia Day really. Lots of Citizen Ceremony's etc . The journos pander to a few hot heads as usual...just like they pander to the Noro outbreaks on ships. The rest of us just get on and have a great time here in Paradise .Probably play a few games of cricket as well...:):)

So does any part of this celebration include reggae music?;)

Not long at all, considering the tender trips as well.

We had to be on board by 5.30 ..added there were 2 ships in that day (Noordam) ...... what was the rush to get out of Auckland by 4 ???? :confused:

(* granted - Auckland does itself no favours with the tender location - it's walk walk walk and no public transport in that area)

We had to be on board by 5.30 ..added there were 2 ships in that day (Noordam) ...... what was the rush to get out of Auckland by 4 ???? :confused:

(* granted - Auckland does itself no favours with the tender location - it's walk walk walk and no public transport in that area)

Yes, a long way to walk.

The ship left at 4 as it has to be in Sydney on Thursday. So its a three night Tasman cruising rather then the usual four. We are currently at full speed. Just past the dawn Princess a few hours ago.

The ship left at 4 as it has to be in Sydney on Thursday. So its a three night Tasman cruising rather then the usual four. We are currently at full speed. Just past the dawn Princess a few hours ago.

:confused: Usually the Tasman crossings are two days not four.

I suspect the early departure was so she was out of the area when the end-of-long-weekend boating rush started.

I suspect the early departure was so she was out of the area when the end-of-long-weekend boating rush started.

Its a 2 day crossing as per usual...

heres the last 1/2 of the itinerary...

Sat 04/02/17 Bay of Islands* / New Zealand 08:00 19:00

Sun 05/02/17 Tauranga / New Zealand 09:00 20:30

Mon 06/02/17 Auckland* / New Zealand 07:30 16:00

Tue 07/02/17 At Sea

Wed 08/02/17 At Sea

Thu 09/02/17 Sydney / Australia 06:30

Everyone I have seen has been 4 nights 3 sea days. I have done many Tasman crossings. You may need to tell our captain that as we have been at just under 22 knots since leaving Auckland.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Its a 2 day crossing as per usual...

heres the last 1/2 of the itinerary...

Sat 04/02/17 Bay of Islands* / New Zealand 08:00 19:00

Sun 05/02/17 Tauranga / New Zealand 09:00 20:30

Mon 06/02/17 Auckland* / New Zealand 07:30 16:00

Tue 07/02/17 At Sea

Wed 08/02/17 At Sea

Thu 09/02/17 Sydney / Australia 06:30

Thanks David, I was wondering what the rush was about, perhaps dodging some weather?

Thanks David, I was wondering what the rush was about, perhaps dodging some weather?

No weather I sight out here. You would have to ask our captain about it. As we are almost full speed. I can only go on what I can see on the ship and that is we left early and are at near full speed. Currently the seas are completely flat.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk