Best place to find Noordam Neptune Suite photos?

wsg

Hi Crew!

I am about to book an Alaska cruise for my parents in May on the Noordam.

I am trying to decide between SC6175 and SB5191. I am aware the SC is handicap (my dad is handicap) but I also see that the wrap around balcony may be a special treat for them. Is it worth the $400 difference? In any case, I can tailor either room to his needs getting a raised toilet seat, shower seat, and with the extra space, he will have room to store his wheelchair.

So what I am asking, is does anyone have photos of these cabins or know the best place to find cabin photos?

There will be three of us in the room so I guess space is important. This is a once in a lifetime trip and I want it to be special for them.

Thanks in advance,

Carmella

Edited by wsg

Hi Crew!

I am trying to decide between SC6175 and SB5191. I am aware the SC is handicap (my dad is handicap) but I also see that the wrap around balcony may be a special treat for them. Is it worth the $400 difference? In any case, I can tailor either room to his needs getting a raised toilet seat, shower seat, and with the extra space, he will have room to store his wheelchair.

So what I am asking, is does anyone have photos of these cabins or know the best place to find cabin photos?

There will be three of us in the room so I guess space is important. This is a once in a lifetime trip and I want it to be special for them.

Thanks in advance,

Carmella

If you google HAL cruiser information you will find lots of Neptune Lounge pics.

There are pics of your 5191 on the Noordam available. 6177 on another Vista ship is there as well. (Neptunes on the Vistas (which Noordam is part of) are very similar. One thing about the aft cabins where they have the larger verandahs, the rooms are not as large as the regular SA's but the verandahs are huge.

Hope this helps a bit.

Go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com. Click on HAL, then your ship. Under Neptune Suite, click on Handicap and you will see great pictures of the cabin. Cruisedeckplans is a pay site to see all of the cabin pictures, but pictures of the handicap cabins are always free. They also pay you for your pictures, so you can earn back your member fee. If you change the ship to Westerdam, you will see more pictures. EM

Go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com. Click on HAL, then your ship. Under Neptune Suite, click on Handicap and you will see great pictures of the cabin. Cruisedeckplans is a pay site to see all of the cabin pictures, but pictures of the handicap cabins are always free. They also pay you for your pictures, so you can earn back your member fee. If you change the ship to Westerdam, you will see more pictures. EM

Wow; that's a pretty cool site! Never heard about it before, thanks

Go to www.cruisedeckplans.com. Click on HAL, then your ship. Under Neptune Suite, click on Handicap and you will see great pictures of the cabin. Cruisedeckplans is a pay site to see all of the cabin pictures, but pictures of the handicap cabins are always free. They also pay you for your pictures, so you can earn back your member fee. If you change the ship to Westerdam, you will see more pictures. EM

Thanks for that cite. It is great to see the handicapped cabins. I may pay to see other cabins.

Hi Crew!

Thanks in advance,

Carmella

I have plenty of pictures of 5191 on the Noordam. If you want to see them I can post them here. We loved the cabin so much that we chose the same suite on the Westerdam in April!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have plenty of pictures of 5191 on the Noordam. If you want to see them I can post them here. We loved the cabin so much that we chose the same suite on the Westerdam in April!

I believe I have seen some of yours on a site but would love to see more. I have seen the room on Zuiderdam, and have it booked on Noordam coming up this summer. On Zuiderdam the verandah was truly out of the ordinary, quite different from the other aft wraps. Is this room on Noordam different from any other aft wraps? (room or verandah)

I believe I have seen some of yours on a site but would love to see more. I have seen the room on Zuiderdam, and have it booked on Noordam coming up this summer. On Zuiderdam the verandah was truly out of the ordinary, quite different from the other aft wraps. Is this room on Noordam different from any other aft wraps? (room or verandah)

The balcony is smaller than the one on the Zuiderdam, but it's still a very special cabin!

8bfb7310a775db61731cd03edbd2c608.jpg

981089ae779c91f7dd3bca5ff0bf0407.jpg

Our roll call did several things together on the ship. We hosted a "scenic cruising" sailing party in St. Lucia for a few of the couples we spent a lot of time with. It was a blast, and we hope to find a time to repeat it for a few friends in the Med.

788ba94915cf7a87daf18a43c78e1df8.jpg

One thing to consider is the nature of his physical needs. The SC handicap cabin eliminates any step going in and out of the bath and toilet. I have booked 6164 on the Oosterdam in May also heading to Alaska. My adult son joining us does not require a wheelchair, but does not do steps or step overs well. Decided that was the best choice to keep him as independent as possible. Not having to move a wheelchair over any step may be a benefit for you as well.