Barcelona Airport to Hotel

S.A.M.J.R.

We're taking a trip to Barcelona in April. Not for a cruise however, but that really doesn't matter. The organization we're going through is meeting everyone at baggage claim and transporting them to the hotel. However, we're arriving a day early.

So, how do we get from the airport to the hotel, assuming the organization won't provide transportation a day early. The hotel is the Renaissance Barcelona Fira. It looks like we can take the metro, but is that practical with suitcases? I'm guessing two checked bags, a carry on, and some backpacks. There are three of us going.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Check out this link:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/travel/bcnrf-renaissance-barcelona-fira-hotel/

Looks like a taxi is around 25 Euros, and they have a private transfer service for around 10 Euros, but I cannot tell if that's per vehicle or per person. If that's per vehicle, I'd not even consider public transportation.

You can probably email the hotel for details.

Renaissance Barcelona Fira is not in Barcelona, it's located in Hospitalet de Llobregat, which is the neighbouring town. Unless you're attending a congress at the Exhibition centre ("Fira" is Catalan -the local language- for exhibition), it's not the best location for visiting Barcelona.

The metro will cost you 4.5€ per person (just because it's departing the airport, otherwise the metro is 2.15€, or 0.95€ using a T-10 travelcard). The metro is very modern and comfortable so I wouldn't think it twice (

) Besides, the stop (http://www.mapametrobarcelona.net/mapas-metro/mapa-metro-barcelona-2017-01.png) is right there at 50 yards from the hotel.

Enjoy!

We're taking a trip to Barcelona in April. Not for a cruise however, but that really doesn't matter. The organization we're going through is meeting everyone at baggage claim and transporting them to the hotel. However, we're arriving a day early.

So, how do we get from the airport to the hotel, assuming the organization won't provide transportation a day early. The hotel is the Renaissance Barcelona Fira. It looks like we can take the metro, but is that practical with suitcases? I'm guessing two checked bags, a carry on, and some backpacks. There are three of us going.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Depend a lot on how big are the checked bags. Two 28" bags can challenge the trunks of many small cars. Check with the Renaissance concierge about arranging a transfer for you and/or check out mozio.com for town cars et al (worldwide search engine for private car/van transfers).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check out this link:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/travel/bcnrf-renaissance-barcelona-fira-hotel/

Looks like a taxi is around 25 Euros, and they have a private transfer service for around 10 Euros, but I cannot tell if that's per vehicle or per person. If that's per vehicle, I'd not even consider public transportation.

You can probably email the hotel for details.

Just in case anyone has the exact same circumstances, the private transfer is around 100 Euros, not 10 (according to the link). I'm sure it's just a typo, but wanted folks to have the correct information.

Renaissance Barcelona Fira is not in Barcelona, it's located in Hospitalet de Llobregat, which is the neighbouring town. Unless you're attending a congress at the Exhibition centre ("Fira" is Catalan -the local language- for exhibition), it's not the best location for visiting Barcelona.

We didn't pick the hotel. We can stay somewhere else the first night, but that would require a hotel change which I'd rather avoid. Of course, if the price is right...

It's not a sightseeing tour, we're actually going for a youth soccer tournament.

Thanks all.

How would you do this in any other city?

I know I wouldn't bother with dragging luggage and I would have...

A . A prearranged guy with a car with our name on a plaque meeting us

Or

B. I would only drag the luggage to the airport ground transportation and then take a cab from there

A is my first choice

Just in case anyone has the exact same circumstances, the private transfer is around 100 Euros, not 10 (according to the link). I'm sure it's just a typo, but wanted folks to have the correct information. ...

Wow, that's quite a typo!

Seems a very high price for the distance.

Thanks for the update.

We took the airport bus and just got off at the stop closest to our hotel which was playa cataluna and walked about 5 blocks..this was a few years ago, but I think it was about 5 euros each..it was very easy..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

if you want to stay at the same hotel, then take a taxi to the hotel. to visit barcelona you'd take the metro from europa/fira station near the hotel. It takes about 25 minutes to get to Plaza Catalunya.

If you want to stay in Central Barcelona for the one night, take the Aerobus to Plaza Catalunya and stay at a hotel that is walking distance from Plaza Catalunya. We stayed at the Hotel Ginebra. the Aerobus costs 5.90 Euro one way. they have luggage racks inside the bus. We had no problems carrying our luggage onto the Aerobus.

Ok I know this might not be the place to ask this question but I'm going to Barcelona and I'm taking American Airlines in augest and I wanted to know do they have good dinner airplane food on American Airlines since delta little too much money to go Barcelona. Now the reason I'm asking this it's because also last time I went to loundon we took delta and I got little stomach ache that time so I was wondering if American Airlines food is bad or not

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Ok I know this might not be the place to ask this question but I'm going to Barcelona and I'm taking American Airlines in augest and I wanted to know do they have good dinner airplane food on American Airlines since delta little too much money to go Barcelona. Now the reason I'm asking this it's because also last time I went to loundon we took delta and I got little stomach ache that time so I was wondering if American Airlines food is bad or not

If you're booked through American, chances are your initial flight is thru London on British Airways and from there a short flight to Barcelona. This definitely applies if you depart from Dulles. As for the food, it's all pretty much the same, IMO. It's not that bad, just drink plenty of water before and after and you'll do fine.

• 1 month later...