Do you still get excited as your cruise nears?

masterty

Wow! This is such an encouraging thread - to read that most of you who have done many, many cruises still get excited about it.

I'm excited about my first cruise coming up March 5th:)

Congratulations! You only get one first cruise. I'm always just a little bit jealous of folks who are going on their first cruise. It was a real eye opener for me. :)

I also think you are lucky that your first cruise will be with Princess. I know some people who took their first (and last!) cruise on Carnival. They sailed the Caribbean in a Carnival ship during spring break. They will never cruise again.

Ohhhh yes, definitely!!! I love all the planning and milestones in the countdown! DH used to be more like your wife with the planning and excitement being minor in comparison to me. Now I've created a travel monster, and he's obsessed with the planning and almost as excited as me! ☺

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At the beginning of our cruise history I used to have a bag for months ahead filling it with new toiletries, etc. Clothes sorted out weeks before and hanging on a temporary clothes line.

I've read from some frequent cruisers they have a drawer dedicated to cruise apparel, irems, etc. so when it's packing time they just pull the stuff out of the drawer and it goes right into the suitcase. Then add some other items to it and they're ready to go. Very clever!

I've read from some frequent cruisers they have a drawer dedicated to cruise apparel, irems, etc. so when it's packing time they just pull the stuff out of the drawer and it goes right into the suitcase. Then add some other items to it and they're ready to go. Very clever!

Drawer?

My wife has 1/2 of a walk in closet with a small table to sit her suitcase on for preparing.

Myself....I pack the night before. If I forget it, I didn't need it.

We get excited! Each day one of us looks at the other and says the number of days! We have a counter on our iphones. I sign into our personalizer often, just because. No particular reason, just because.

One of our happiest sounds is that first "doink" you hear when you put your sail card into the machine and walk onto the ship!

And I hate, hate, hate that last day of the cruise when all I can seem to think about is that it's just about over... [emoji26]

After 20 cruises, I don't get anywhere near as excited pre-cruise as before the first couple of cruises. However, I too hate, hate, hate the last day of a cruise knowing its all just about over.

That's why I love back-to-backs -

there's nothing better than the feeling on the last day of the first cruise when you see all the luggage out in the hallways after dinner and know you don't have to disembark in the morning.