Do you still get excited as your cruise nears?

masterty

I am actually more excited than the first cruise because I didn't know what to expect then but now I know just how fantastic cruising is. :D

My DH doesn't get nearly as excited about the cruise as I do until he's on the ship.

I think I could talk about cruising 24/7!

Yes! Yes! Yes! In fact, I get excited just thinking about booking before even booking and the excitement grows daily.

I agree it's more exciting now than the first one as I didn't know what to expect and look so forward to.

I also check our personalizer multiple times a week, print boarding passes and luggage tags the first day available (makes it seem so real...), etc.

And, yes, I research, research, and research and talk about it with DW constantly and she rolls eyes and eventually forbids me yakking about it . . . so then I just think about it constantly instead! [emoji4]

I actually get my "big thrill" when we first board and I walk into the atrium. It's sort of a feeling like coming home. Silly but that's how it seems to me. Kind of an, "Ahhhhhhhh..... Now I'm happy!" type of thing. :D

Yes! Every time! Love all the planning that comes with it too! There have been a few cruises through the years that have been booked with less wait and as exciting as they are, I feel I miss out on the planning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too am always excited about our next cruise. Each one is different. When we started cruising it was a family adventure. My 3 of my brothers, my mom and step dad, my nephews and some friends.

A few years later we still were sailing with family and friends but now we had a DD who was 7 and we had left baby with mom at home. Each cruise brings a different family adventure. Cruising has always been our family vacations.

Next August we are taking our 4 grand children to Alaska. It is their turn now. My DGS will be 12 and this will be his 7th cruise and 56 days total. My oldest DGD will be 9 and on number 4 with 39 days. My other two live in Seattle so they don't get the home port advantage. DGD number 3 will be on 8 and on her second with 20 days with DGD age 6 going on her first.

This will be our 29th with Princess (with 2 others in the bucket) with 238 days and I still obsess about everything. We are going in August but hotel is booked, air fare for the two girls is bought, tours are all arranged and paid for and we got the cabins we wanted. Spread sheets have been made, packing list is done, matching outfits for the girls, cameras for all. I can't wait. This is one of my dream cruises because it is just DH and I with the four grandkids.

DW and I are getting ready to take our 3rd Princess cruise in a couple of weeks. This will be our 8th cruise in total spanning 20 years. DW seems no where near as excited as I am. I may be overreacting but I am beginning to notice her eyes scanning the ceiling when I mention anything about our cruise. I do not understand how she remains so calm. I tell her dreaming is just a form of planning. It is, isn't it?

Is cruising for you still as exciting the 20th time as it was the first time?

I don't get excited until the week before the cruise. I have been on 31 cruises. My next cruise is in December 2017.

Yes. We have two in the summer; "Round Britain" and then Dover to New York (part of the "Round the World Cruise") and we are already getting worked up about the new ports we will visit. We have done over 150 nights on board in the past few years and still there is the excitement. Especially when we are away from home for 6-8 weeks not only cruising but also visiting family in Canada and the UK; we live in NZ

I actually get my "big thrill" when we first board and I walk into the atrium. It's sort of a feeling like coming home. Silly but that's how it seems to me. Kind of an, "Ahhhhhhhh..... Now I'm happy!" type of thing. :D

Not silly at all! Although I'm into excitement mode from the moment I book I also have that 'at home' feeling when I enter the atrium. Doesn't matter which Princess ship you're on, the atriums all have a similar welcome feel.

DW and I are getting ready to take our 3rd Princess cruise in a couple of weeks. This will be our 8th cruise in total spanning 20 years. DW seems no where near as excited as I am. I may be overreacting but I am beginning to notice her eyes scanning the ceiling when I mention anything about our cruise. I do not understand how she remains so calm. I tell her dreaming is just a form of planning. It is, isn't it?

Is cruising for you still as exciting the 20th time as it was the first time?

After 33 cruises, we still get excited. We find fun in the planning and talking about the ship itself during our daily walks.

I am actually more excited than the first cruise because I didn't know what to expect then but now I know just how fantastic cruising is. :D

My DH doesn't get nearly as excited about the cruise as I do until he's on the ship.

I think I could talk about cruising 24/7!

I feel the same. My parents took all of us (4 children) and our spouses on our first cruise for THEIR 50th anniversary. Nice huh! We didn't know what to expect but it sure got us hooked.

I get super excited for each and every cruise. I usually start planning what I'm going to wear, what I'm going to take, what shore excursions I want to take, etc. as soon as we book.

I am particularly excited this time because a couple are going with us that have never cruised. 34 days and you can bet I am on a countdown. :)

We are up to 30. Very excited when we book, less so in the middle to near the end of the wait, but get excited again when the suitcases come out about 5 days before we leave home. At the beginning of our cruise history I used to have a bag for months ahead filling it with new toiletries, etc. Clothes sorted out weeks before and hanging on a temporary clothes line. Now, think about it 2 weeks before. Really going to come unstuck one of these days!!

With very elderly ( and I really mean very elderly) parents in law, always think something will prevent us going, perhaps that's why I don't get that excited.