Ocean Liners vs. Murano

WonderMan3

Can someone advise the difference between these two restaurants? I just saw in the Connie Live thread a photo of the OL menu and it looks exactly like the Murano menu I had last week on Eclipse. I have heard people raving so much here about OL (even more than Murano) I always assumed it was unique from the other Celebrity restaurants.

Pretty much same food. Ocean liners is quite a big space, also with a private room on the end for parties. Murano is more intimate, but the only view our of the windows is of a life boat and the lighting is so poor you'll wonder if you're going blind.

Can someone advise the difference between these two restaurants? I just saw in the Connie Live thread a photo of the OL menu and it looks exactly like the Murano menu I had last week on Eclipse. I have heard people raving so much here about OL (even more than Murano) I always assumed it was unique from the other Celebrity restaurants.

The Ocean Liners menu and the Murano menu are essentially the same. I see that your Constellation cruise is booked for May 2017. I'm not entirely certain of the dates for dry dock that Constellation will go through in 2017, but it appears that Ocean Liners will go away and the Tuscan Grille from Deck 11 will move down to Deck 3. On Deck 11, the old Tuscan Grille space will become Qsine. I have enjoyed many meals in Ocean Liners and it will be sad to see this restaurant go. I hope your itinerary is prior to the dry dock so you can have the experience of dining.

The Ocean Liners menu and the Murano menu are essentially the same. I see that your Constellation cruise is booked for May 2017. I'm not entirely certain of the dates for dry dock that Constellation will go through in 2017, but it appears that Ocean Liners will go away and the Tuscan Grille from Deck 11 will move down to Deck 3. On Deck 11, the old Tuscan Grille space will become Qsine. I have enjoyed many meals in Ocean Liners and it will be sad to see this restaurant go. I hope your itinerary is prior to the dry dock so you can have the experience of dining.

We are on the last sailing before the drydock so we'll get to experience Ocean Liners before it goes away.

I really really do hope all those nice ocean liner memorabilia gets reinstalled in the new Edge Class- what a waste it would otherwise!

I agree with you on that point. Such unique and interesting history that should be installed / displayed somewhere for cruisers to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

I am new to Celebrity and a bit confused. I am sailing the Connie in June and my cruise planner is still letting me book Ocean Liners. Am I correct in assuming this is a "famous" IT glitch and I am really booking Qsine?

I am new to Celebrity and a bit confused. I am sailing the Connie in June and my cruise planner is still letting me book Ocean Liners. Am I correct in assuming this is a "famous" IT glitch and I am really booking Qsine?

Situation Normal, All fouled up...

SNAFU

Tuscan is your Celebrity downgrade from a fabulous experience in Ocean Liners, Qsine replaced Tuscan's location according to reports.

In the case of Connie and the other Mclass ships, there us no difference, since sadly, one never existed and the other is gone. The menus were pretty much the same. This means that sadly, when we cruise Mclass ships we will no longer dine in the specialty restaurants. We don't care for Tuscan, and again, to us Qsine is a once and done place, Sushi on 5 is out since DH dislikes sushi and we'll not be paying extra for burgers and hot dogs. :( I guess X wanted to save us money!