Equinox VS Reflection

mfrc

I have been on the Reflection twice but since their schedule during December 2017 does not fit our schedule ,this year looks like I have to go with Equinox..I love Reflection and we rent the alcoves on sea days so the fact Equinox does not have them is a big ? mark for me...What are the pros and cons of Equinox? We are a couple in our late 40's

Thanks in advance for your help:):):)

We have sailed both and love both! For our last two cruises we chose Reflection for the larger variety of dining venues - Reflection has the Porch and Lawn Club Grill instead of the Hot Glass Show on Equinox; Reflection also has Qsine instead of Silk Harvest, but Equinox has Gastrobar. This certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker if we found another Equinox itinerary that we liked. Aside from the Alcoves, the dining venues and glass show are the only significant difference between the two. Equinox has one fewer deck of cabins, which translates to fewer passengers and a somewhat less crowded feel in public areas.

I have been on the Equinox twice (my first Celebrity cruise) and the Reflection twice. You cannot go wrong with either!! Our last cruise was on the Equinox and our next cruise (in two weeks!) is on the Reflection. I am looking forward to Lawn Club Grill and The Porch but didn't really miss either while on the Equinox. Sushi on 5 was new and we loved it. Liked it much, much better than Bistro on 5. All of the S Class ships are wonderful!

I have been on the Reflection twice but since their schedule during December 2017 does not fit our schedule ,this year looks like I have to go with Equinox..I love Reflection and we rent the alcoves on sea days so the fact Equinox does not have them is a big ? mark for me...What are the pros and cons of Equinox? We are a couple in our late 40's

Thanks in advance for your help:):):)

Reflection by a mile.

We sailed the Reflection in Nov 2013, loved it!

This November will be our 3rd cruise in a row on the Equinox :eek: along with 8-10-12 others we have sailed on her with!

Our 2015 cruise on the Equinox, the wifester said was our best cruise since our first in 1987!

We have over 120 on the Roll Call and 40 in a group on the book of faces ;) many that are like us, repeaters on the Equinox.

The GastroBar has nothing like it on any Celebrity ship. We like Silk Harvest a lot better than Quisne. Tho the Lawn Club Grill is our favorite on the Reflection. Murano & Tuscan are the same on both ships, excellent.

We like the design of the Sunset Bar better on the Equinox.

The walking track is better on the Reflection, adding the extra deck helped, but did add more pax, but not more space.

The two ships are way more alike than different. Obviously there is someone who doesn't like Equinox that does like the Reflection but unless you won't be happy unless you have the Lawn Club Grill or The Porch I just don't see much difference at all. We were on the Equinox for 14 days (Spain/Portugal) last September and enjoyed this cruise as much as or more than than our others. (We are relatively new to cruising. I have been on 6 and my husband, 3-all Celebrity. )

Reflection by a mile.

I read on these threads about the couple seemingly minor differences on these two ships-I haven't been on either yet but will be on the equinox this summer. Why do you say by a mile? What is the difference between the two ships that you find so significant?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Reflection by a mile.

Given that both ships are Solstice class and 97% identical that makes zero sense whatsoever. One bar might be called differently and one restaurant might have a different theme... no big deal. I've never noticed much difference as to the on board experience of any S class ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Solstice ships may all be 95% the same, but a lot of the experience comes down to food and service for me.Reflection was vastly better in those areas as well as being somewhat better in entertainment (Solstice wins on entertainment for me as it was a Hawaii -> Vancouver and they had some excellent Hawaiian dancers and musicians).

Note that we had either OV or Balcony cabins, so we didn't get the more expensive Celebrity experience. :cool:

We have been on Equinox and Reflection within the last six months. As we are AQ sailors, having to walk up two flights to the solarium in light of Reflection's extra deck was a minor inconvenience. I prefer the Equinox layout. That being said, the PG on Reflection is far superior: twice the number of loungers plus a much larger steam room and a cold room too. We found the food exceeded expectations on each ship, as did the service. Getting attention at the bar remains an issue with each Celebrity experience. We like the straight Sunset Bar on Equinox as opposed to the "cut up" layout of Reflection's bar in the round. We also vastly prefer having the Oceanview Bar one deck down, which Reflection does not have. It makes aft drink service at the tables much quicker.

We also like Silk Harvest much more than Qsine. The Gastro Bar is also a better use of space in our experience than CellarMasters.

No alcoves is actually a plus for us, but certainly will don't knock the OP for enjoying them. We all have our own "druthers" when cruising. Still, I believe the OP will not be disappointed in Equinox.