Check Your Amex Offers: NCL Spend $500 Get $100 Credit

ktpc2005

Hello,

I made my final payment one day before the offer came available.

Is there any chance I can purchase an onboard credit? I do not plan to spend $500 in an onboard credit but does anyone know if unused portions of self-purchased onboard credits are redeemable for cash or a credit back to my creidit card linked to my onboard account? I know travel agent credits are not redeemable but other cruise lines allow self-purchased credits to be redeemed for cash.

What is the easiest way to purchase an onboard credit to be linked to my account?

Thank you very much.

Or use the 500 for cruise next certs and get credit on top of credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IF I buy two cert onboard for $500 when does the charge actually hit the card ? Anyone know ?

We're on a cruise that doesn't end until early May but the promo expires the end of April.

IF I buy two cert onboard for $500 when does the charge actually hit the card ? Anyone know ?

We're on a cruise that doesn't end until early May but the promo expires the end of April.

Doesn't matter when the charge for the Cruise Next certificates hits the card as the Terms for this AMEX offer "excludes on board purchases".

But if the $100 statement credit is being triggered by purchases of OBC precruise, you could do that, and then use your OBC to buy the certs on board.

Thank you to the OP for pointing this out! I didn't even know this section appeared on the Amex website, and we've been cardholders forever! We just paid in full on 2/4 for our April cruise, of course. But we could buy some OBC to pay for our DSC and Spa passes or put a payment toward our Sept. cruise. Applied for this offer and will make a $500 payment toward something and wait to see if the Amex credit shows up!

I'll be looking more closely at that Amex website from now on :)

Edited by OnTheGoMom921

I'll be looking more closely at that Amex website from now on :)

Definitely keep an eye on it. We've gotten so much free money from using their perks. And if your spouse has a card too, you can register their card as a separate login and get the offers on both cards. So both my card and my husband's card have this $500 spend/$100 back offer even though we're on the same account. There are often offers for Lowe's, Petco, and various other common places like restaurants. It's a great benefit.

I called to put $500 OBC on our cruise on Monday and the $100 credit is there today. So tonight I'll call and put $500 more on and use my husband's card. I love free money!

I thought I had hit the jackpot with 6 offers on my cards and authorized users until I realized Costco doesn't take Amex anymore. :(I've talk to a Costco CSR and they suggested buying NCL gift cards and they would accept them as payments. Has anyone tried purchasing a gift card and received the $100 credit? I know the terms and conditions exclude giftcards. Thanks

I just purchased an excursion, prepaid the gratuities and $150 on board credit. I got the email back and it said to look for your $100 credit. And then it says "if your purchase meets other terms." I read a lot of posts where people got the email but it is not clear if people actually got the statement credit. Technically the shore excursion should not count but my online account shows all the transactions as reservations so I think it will work. I don't see the credit yet but the charges are still pending. Not really sure what to do with the online credit because everything I plan to do is now paid.

It can take a few days to post. I've had credits on Amex show up immediately and some take longer. I've also have had them post later than they say they post. Like they will show up on the 20th, but the date says the 18th or something.

Just realized my big box TA no longer accepts Amex even for travel payments. I don't think it is worth me cancelling right now as I got the AARP rate when I booked and regular rate is still higher, plus I got $140 OBC from TA. I will wait to see what happens with price before April 30 but I guess I can always pre-pay gratuities and buy some OBC. Or if the spa pass was available to purchase that far out I will get that as I know I want one.

Could someone verify the types of AMEX cards which have this offer?

I thought I had seen someone post that the "Everyday" card had the offer, but we have this card and I am unable to find the offer listed on the website. I believe there is a "Blue Everyday" Amex as well. Maybe if t was this card they referred to? Since the offer doesn't end until April, it might be worth applying for a new Amex in order to get the credit.