$$ Issues with RCI.

918baker

It is against RCI's policies to use a TAs credit card for payment of any part of a cruise. Any TA who has completed their training our uses their reservation system knows this.

I wonder if this is just more BS on her part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

RCCI may have chosen to modify their policies. This is obviously a special case.

Original TA!!

And I just got another message. $%& has hit the fan. She's calling RCCL to charge her personal card so RCCL will have their money and I'll get my money back [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] yeah that's SO not the end of this story.

Did you speak with any one at RCCL and ask them about this? I don't believe it for a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Original TA!!

And I just got another message. $%& has hit the fan. She's calling RCCL to charge her personal card so RCCL will have their money and I'll get my money back 😂😂😂 yeah that's SO not the end of this story.

Oh Goodie...Now Royal has another $1400 that does not belong to them. Believe it when YOU see it! $$$$$ that is!

Did you speak with any one at RCCL and ask them about this? I don't believe it for a minute.

I'm not buying it either ..seems a little fishy. I'm wondering what she's trying to cover up. I'd definitely mention it to RCCL.

Edited by sr4mjc

Tell the TA you want the passenger copy generated at RCCL when her cc payment is recorded. It would show a $1400 credit on your account.

Clients of a travel agency have got to be able to trust that that agency is aboveboard in all its dealings. This a very disheartening.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have resolution!!

I have NO idea what happened with my TA re: charging her card. I don't think that's how anything works, but who knows. I'm getting my money back! I have no idea if a credit card dispute has work THAT quickly either. Or maybe RCCL got sick of elliot.org emailing them.

I pushed RCCL very hard for actual answers and got zip nothing. They say it was a "mistake" but won't agree that it was a "glitch" on their part but also say there is no "evidence" of fraud on my TA's part. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place as far as proceeding legally. So I think this is the end of the road on that and I'm angry and annoyed about it. No idea how we can come out of this with no answers and no one willing to figure it out.

At first I was getting an exact refund from RCCL but it's been a 5.5 month debacle. RCCL offered cupcakes :'):'):') There is no way for them to know that I'm an award winning pastry chef. Not even my kids will eat those cupcakes. I pushed some more and they finally grumbled that since my TA had offered the $250 OBC that is not on my reservation that they would honor that. So at least part of our on board bill will be taken care of, 11 days is a long time ;p I'm not happy with the situation but I am thankful to be getting a refund at all.

Leaving for Florida on Saturday! Packing is almost done. I just printed off adorable "what we did today" travel journal sheets for my kids to write/color on at dinner each night. Now debating how many bottles of wine we dare to try to carry on board with us ;):confused:

Go thermonuclear when you get home on a TA who turn her back on you and lied for months. Sadly you don't have proof of what she actually did but you know she lied thru her teeth!

Oh yes. Will be waiting until we return and then I will release blowtorches to the internet. I'm so upset that I can't pursue any of this in court. Maybe The People's Court on tv.... :'):confused:

What if you would have given up weeks ago.......no refund? Just take it on the chin!... ????????

Yes, exactly what would have happened. Unfortunately for all involved, I'm very very persistent. I might be a very busy working mom but I still have time to email and call people every single day until they fix things :D

Yes, exactly what would have happened. Unfortunately for all involved, I'm very very persistent. I might be a very busy working mom but I still have time to email and call people every single day until they fix things :D

So glad you got things resolved So did the credit show on your card already??

Cupcakes, that is a slap in the face. Glad you ended up with $250.

Hope you can relax and enjoy the couple of days ahead before you leave.

And also hope you will come back here after and let us know that you have blasted the TA. She deserves it.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Glad you finally got your money back!

Please don't let your TA off the hook on this! Aside from the question of whether or not she did anything fraudulent, her continued lies and unwillingness to give her full attention to your dispute warrant at the very least, negative reviews on BBB, Yelp, Facebook, etc.

918Baker - let us know when that credit clears! If I was on your cruise I would offer to donate our 2 bottles of wine to you - you deserve all the wine you can drink!

So tell us - did RCI call you with a resolution?? Or did you have to call them?

918Baker - let us know when that credit clears! If I was on your cruise I would offer to donate our 2 bottles of wine to you - you deserve all the wine you can drink!

So tell us - did RCI call you with a resolution?? Or did you have to call them?

You're so kind! I'm just going to smuggle all that I can smuggle in our carry ons, we'll have at least two backpacks so I'm thinking I can get 4 bottles if hubs and I split up at security ;p

I called RCCL promptly at 4pm EST like I do evvvveryday when I get off work. No answer so I left a voicemail, fairly usual. Usually I get a phone call back within 15 minutes. I picked my kids up from school, talked with their teachers for a bit, and then realized it's 4:45 EST and no phone call back. Rushed the kids to the car so I could call again before RCCL closed for the day and THEN I got ahold of someone. Surprising as it was the end of day, I think they usually stop answering their phones at 4:30 EST :')

Parent TA company had called me mid-morning and said that it would be resolved that day and that they would call me again when it was resolved... no phone call back. But I do have a credit memo and written confirmation of the OBC now from RCCL.

Who knows if it will hit my credit card before we leave town. I'm refusing to pay for dial up internet on the boat so I won't know for sure until we get back if it's not pending on Monday.

I sent a long email to Mr. Bayley last night. Not happy about the "resolution" of them forking back over MY money and then grudgingly agreeing to honor the $250 OBC that I truly believed had been mine since September 15th. Plus 4 cupcakes. If I had to keep the $1,400 charge on my credit card for 5.5 months the interest alone would have been more than $250 (and $10 or whatever 4 cupcakes are worth). I know I won't hear back from him or his staff, but I had to make it known that this was insanity.

I am so happy to read this morning that this has been finally resolved and you got $250 OBC instead of 4 cupcakes. Just a question though, Where can you get $250 interest in 5 months on $1400? I want to put all my money in this account so I can afford 2 cruises a year instead of 1.

You're so kind! I'm just going to smuggle all that I can smuggle in our carry ons, we'll have at least two backpacks so I'm thinking I can get 4 bottles if hubs and I split up at security ;p

I called RCCL promptly at 4pm EST like I do evvvveryday when I get off work. No answer so I left a voicemail, fairly usual. Usually I get a phone call back within 15 minutes. I picked my kids up from school, talked with their teachers for a bit, and then realized it's 4:45 EST and no phone call back. Rushed the kids to the car so I could call again before RCCL closed for the day and THEN I got ahold of someone. Surprising as it was the end of day, I think they usually stop answering their phones at 4:30 EST :')

Parent TA company had called me mid-morning and said that it would be resolved that day and that they would call me again when it was resolved... no phone call back. But I do have a credit memo and written confirmation of the OBC now from RCCL.

Who knows if it will hit my credit card before we leave town. I'm refusing to pay for dial up internet on the boat so I won't know for sure until we get back if it's not pending on Monday.

I sent a long email to Mr. Bayley last night. Not happy about the "resolution" of them forking back over MY money and then grudgingly agreeing to honor the $250 OBC that I truly believed had been mine since September 15th. Plus 4 cupcakes. If I had to keep the $1,400 charge on my credit card for 5.5 months the interest alone would have been more than $250 (and $10 or whatever 4 cupcakes are worth). I know I won't hear back from him or his staff, but I had to make it known that this was insanity.